• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fukushima's melted cores have moved into the earth

I'm not totally anti-nuclear. Several of these installations have operated flawlessly over the years. Do I think they need to build a better mousetrap? Absolutely. My question is this; why in the hell would anyone ever even consider building a nuclear facility in the most earthquake prone area in the world!!! Of course, we all know the answer to that. Money. It's all about the money. Governments and big industry, (GE, imagine that!,) in bed together. Big surprise!

I'm not totally anti-nuclear. Several of these installations have operated flawlessly over the years. Do I think they need to build a better mousetrap? Absolutely. My question is this; why in the hell would anyone ever even consider building a nuclear facility in the most earthquake prone area in the world!!! Of course, we all know the answer to that. Money. It's all about the money. Governments and big industry, (GE, imagine that!,) in bed together. Big surprise!

I am not anti-nuclear either and what is more it can be and could be a sensible energy source .. my problem is with those that would cut corners and mismanage a system of power production that has very serious long term consequences if any thing should go wrong.

In the case of Fukusima it is how things have been handled that really has me right pissed off, both Tepco and the Japanese government put their collective heads in the sand as things got worse. The quake was unavoidable that is a given but that was not the main reason why the reactors melted down, it was a litany of idiotic errors and lax safety systems that caused that. Yes the Tsunami did not help but even that should not have caused the problems we have now.
When things went wrong both managing parties should have right away got international help and fixed it then and there... but like I said they put their heads in the sand so now things are much worse than they should have been.

And as for nuclear energy production I give you one word "THORIUM"

As a kid i used to read 2000AD, one of the character casts was the ABC warriors
ABC Warriors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The A.B.C. Warriors are a team of war robots designed to withstand 'Atomic', 'Bacterial' and 'Chemical' warfare

That these three nastys share a commonality makes sense.

So why is it that chemical weapons deaths should prompt international outrage and action, where the deaths that will spin off from this situation (both human and other species) does not.

MORE of the how of the deception:

Fukushima Workers Ordered to Cover Detection Devices to Downplay Radiation Levels

Fukushima Workers Ordered to Cover Detection Devices to Downplay Radiation Levels - | Intellihub.com

But the real story here is exactly how TEPCO arrived at the deceptively small numbers it has been reporting since the 2011 accident. It turns out (see below) that TEPCO has been deliberately using radiation detectors that "max out" at relatively low levels (i.e. they don't go higher than 100 mSv). When those detectors are pegged at their max readings, instead of switching to a more capable instrument with a larger detection range, they simply report the maximum detection limit of the smaller detector as the "real" exposure number.

Learn more: TEPCO admits deliberately using radiation detectors that give deceptively low readings; radiation leaks far worse than reported

TEPCO admits deliberately using radiation detectors that give deceptively low readings; radiation leaks far worse than reported

Oh you can bet your life........ NO pun intended, That any data you get from Tepco is BS

BBC News - Fukushima leak is 'much worse than we were led to believe'

John Large, nuclear engineer and independent nuclear consultant
  • “This information is not only conflicted but also confused, and I fear, unreliable.”
  • “You have to wonder what their motives are.”
Mycle Schneider, independent consultant who has advised the French and German governments
  • The escalating situation is “far worse than we truly know.”
  • “There are hundreds of issues at stake here.”
  • “Whether it’s temperature, radiation exposure, or the number of people exposed – all of these statistics are flawed. We don’t know anything yet.”
  • “This is far worse than what the general public are perceiving.”

This situation bothers me and I wish they would do more to resolve it. However it answers a question for me. Remember all the claims about UFOs around nuclear power plants and how the space brothers are going to save us from ourselves? Ain't happening. Can someone alert the "disclosure" folks?

This situation bothers me and I wish they would do more to resolve it. However it answers a question for me. Remember all the claims about UFOs around nuclear power plants and how the space brothers are going to save us from ourselves? Ain't happening. Can someone alert the "disclosure" folks?

Yes I have come to the same conclusion:

And if you want the opposite pinion. There are several interviews here:
hidden experience
try the one with John Mack or Jim Moroney

Model simulations on the long-term dispersal of 137Cs
released into the Pacific Ocean off Fukushima

More on this video here: http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/7/3/034004/
The study deals with one of the consequences of the disastrous earthquake and subsequent tsunami that hit Japan in March 2011 caused by the explosions and meltdowns in the
Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plants, large amounts of radioactive material, including long-living isotopes such as caesium-137, were released into the environment. Contaminated waters entered the Pacific Ocean by atmospheric deposition and direct discharge of coolant in the weeks after the catastrophe.

In this study we investigate the long-term fate of these waters in the Pacific Ocean, using numerical model experiments. The model simulates the ocean currents with very high
resolution; it thus captures much of the intense eddying flows along the Kuroshio.

To simulate the dispersal of the contaminated water by the ocean currents, we use an idealized tracer, behaving like a dye with a half live of 30 years, which we injected into the
coastal waters off Fukushima. We want to emphasize that our approach is restricted to the physical spreading, and does not account for possible biological effects, for example,
adhesion of isotopes to sinking organic matter. Neither does our model assimilate any ocean data, therefore we do not account for the actual state of the local currents at the
time of the release. However the initial state turned out to be of minor importance for the tracer spreading after two to three years.

The animation shows the spreading of our dye at the Ocean's surface. The color represents the concentration of the tracer, relative to the initial concentration in the
coastal area off Fukushima at the end of the injection period.
The tracer invades the highly energetic Kuroshio regime within the first weeks after the release and starts spreading meridionaly due to the eddies dominating the flow field in
this area.

After one year, maximum concentrations are diluted by two orders of magnitude and already crossed the dateline, further heading east. The southern edge of the tracer cloud reaches the Hawaiian islands after about two years, while the northern edge has begun to enter the Bering Sea. Meanwhile, concentrations near Japan have been dropping significantly due to replacement by less contaminated waters through the Kuroshio, separating the main cloud into a northern and a southern part.

After four years, the maximum concentration has dropped by three orders of magnitude, and the entire northern Pacific is filled with a certain amount of tracer. When the peak concentration reaches the North American coast after about five to six years, it has been diluted by four orders of magnitude, the concentration levels from now on tend to homogenize over the entire basin.
Question: How do we feed the world when the ocean is full of radiated food?

The operator of Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is preparing to remove 400 tons of highly irradiated spent fuel from a damaged reactor building, a dangerous operation that has never been attempted before on this scale.

Containing radiation equivalent to 14,000 times the amount released in the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima 68 years ago, more than 1,300 used fuel rod assemblies packed tightly together need to be removed from a building that is vulnerable to collapse, should another large earthquake hit the area.
The REAL Fukushima Danger: Failure of Fuel Pools Could Trigger Worldwide Nuclear Radiation | Global Research

The operator of Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is preparing to remove 400 tons of highly irradiated spent fuel from a damaged reactor building, a dangerous operation that has never been attempted before on this scale.

Containing radiation equivalent to 14,000 times the amount released in the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima 68 years ago, more than 1,300 used fuel rod assemblies packed tightly together need to be removed from a building that is vulnerable to collapse, should another large earthquake hit the area.
The REAL Fukushima Danger: Failure of Fuel Pools Could Trigger Worldwide Nuclear Radiation | Global Research

It's about time, but my fear now is that they'll cut corners and end up with an even worse problem. Man I wish I could see the engineering plans and details of this operation so I could feel confident that it has been thought through. Someone please give me an unlimited budget and a team of scientists, engineers and workers, and I'll get the damn thing cleaned up! Really ... I need a job anyway. The technology to do this either exists or is within our grasp and just needs to be adapted to the situation at Fukushima:

Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing

Last edited:
Humankind’s Most Dangerous Moment: Fukushima Fuel Pool at Unit 4. “This is an Issue of Human Survival.”
LINK: Humankind’s Most Dangerous Moment: Fukushima Fuel Pool at Unit 4. “This is an Issue of Human Survival.” | Global Research
[blockquote]We are now within two months of what may be humankind’s most dangerous moment since the Cuban Missile Crisis.

There is no excuse for not acting. All the resources our species can muster must be focussed on the fuel pool at Fukushima Unit 4.

Fukushima’s owner, Tokyo Electric (Tepco), says that within as few as 60 days it may begin trying to remove more than 1300 spent fuel rods from a badly damaged pool perched 100 feet in the air. The pool rests on a badly damaged building that is tilting, sinking and could easily come down in the next earthquake, if not on its own.

Some 400 tons of fuel in that pool could spew out more than 15,000 times as much radiation as was released at Hiroshima.

The one thing certain about this crisis is that Tepco does not have the scientific, engineering or financial resources to handle it. Nor does the Japanese government. The situation demands a coordinated worldwide effort of the best scientists and engineers our species can muster.

Why is this so serious?

We already know that thousands of tons of heavily contaminated water are pouring through the Fukushima site, carrying a devil’s brew of long-lived poisonous isotopes into the Pacific. Tuna irradiated with fallout traceable to Fukushima have already been caught off the coast of California. We can expect far worse.

Tepco continues to pour more water onto the proximate site of three melted reactor cores it must somehow keep cool.Steam plumes indicate fission may still be going on somewhere underground. But nobody knows exactly where those cores actually are.

Much of that irradiated water now sits in roughly a thousand huge but fragile tanks that have been quickly assembled and strewn around the site. Many are already leaking. All could shatter in the next earthquake, releasing thousands of tons of permanent poisons into the Pacific.

[...]

According to Arnie Gundersen, a nuclear engineer with forty years in an industry for which he once manufactured fuel rods, the ones in the Unit 4 core are bent, damaged and embrittled to the point of crumbling. Cameras have shown troubling quantities of debris in the fuel pool, which itself is damaged.

The engineering and scientific barriers to emptying the Unit Four fuel pool are unique and daunting, says Gundersen. But it must be done to 100% perfection.

Should the attempt fail, the rods could be exposed to air and catch fire, releasing horrific quantities of radiation into the atmosphere. The pool could come crashing to the ground, dumping the rods together into a pile that could fission and possibly explode. The resulting radioactive cloud would threaten the health and safety of all us.

Chernobyl’s first 1986 fallout reached California within ten days. Fukushima’s in 2011 arrived in less than a week. A new fuel fire at Unit 4 would pour out a continuous stream of lethal radioactive poisons for centuries.

Former Ambassador Mitsuhei Murata says full-scale releases from Fukushima “would destroy the world environment and our civilization.

This is not rocket science, nor does it connect to the pugilistic debate over nuclear power plants. This is an issue of human survival.”

Neither Tokyo Electric nor the government of Japan can go this alone. There is no excuse for deploying anything less than a coordinated team of the planet’s best scientists and engineers.

We have two months or less to act.

[...]

For now, we are petitioning the United Nations and President Obama to mobilize the global scientific and engineering community to take charge at Fukushima and the job of moving these fuel rods to safety.

You can sign the petition at: CRISIS AT FUKUSHIMA #4: PETITION THE UN & US FOR GLOBAL RESPONSE | NukeFree.org

If you have a better idea, please follow it. But do something and do it now.

The clock is ticking. The hand of global nuclear disaster is painfully close to midnight.Harvey Wasserman is Senior Editor of the Columbus Free Press and Free Press. He edits Nuke Free.

For now, we are petitioning the United Nations and President Obama to mobilize the global scientific and engineering community to take charge at Fukushima and the job of moving these fuel rods to safety.

[/blockquote]

Last edited:
... For now, we are petitioning the United Nations and President Obama to mobilize the global scientific and engineering community to take charge at Fukushima and the job of moving these fuel rods to safety.
I'm signed on. Thanks for posting that link. This problem makes me seriously concerned for the welfare of life on our world. Humanity needs to stop its petty bickering over profits and property and political power and band together to create huge and powerful radiation proof machines that can collect, separate, reprocess and remove all the contaminants so that the land can be reclaimed and the oceans can heal. Otherwise I can see how there could be major problems as a direct and indirect result of all this radioactive poisoning. Am I over reacting to think that poisoning a major food supply ( the ocean ) will lead to massive starvation, health problems, suffering and death on a scale never before seen for our species? Add to that the problems with air and land contamination and the picture gets more grim. I don't like this at all. That lousy God forsaken nuclear machinery over there is poisoning our planet :mad: !

TV: Officials concerned about 400 ft. tall pipe near Fukushima reactors collapsing during quake — 8 cracks found in support brace — Gov’t orders immediate investigation — Tepco unsure how to access area as radiation levels around it are 10 sieverts per hour (PHOTO & VIDEO)

TV: Officials concerned about 400 ft. tall pipe near Fukushima reactors collapsing during quake — 8 cracks found in support brace — Gov’t orders immediate investigation — Tepco unsure how to access area as radiation levels around it are 10 sieverts per hour

1.8 sieverts, and if you were just continuously standing there, you'd be dead in 2-4 hours. 10 sieverts is close to 6 times as much, so if you just stood there, best guess is that 20-40 minutes would be your life expectancy

Bugger cancer, this thing is so hot it would just kill you outright if you stood next to it for an hour (if you lasted even that long)

Back