• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fukushima's melted cores have moved into the earth

I never saw it, can you give us a summation of what was presented ?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

I see the Youtube video with Michio Kaku has been taken down. Anyone hazard a guess as to why?

Yeah it is to close to the bone and critical of the situation... Basically the powers that be want things to be as quite as possible and having such a high profile person being critical is not in their best interest.

This is one of those perfect examples of how unless is new it's not news and it just fades out of peoples heads while the planet gets poisoned. I can't tell you how many times I've had the argument with the pro-nuclear crowd ( many of whom are know-it-all skeptics ). I'd say sure, that's all fine and good until something goes wrong. Then the level of screw-up makes any rationale for supporting nuclear power seem trivial. What's worse is that there are still these pro-nuclear pinheads out there who are downplaying the whole issue and trying to get more of these disasters-in-a-box built. I'm not anti-science or anti-nuclear. I just think that it should have been limited strictly to research in some remote location with beefed-up damage control until they figured out how to make them failsafe, or better yet, figured out fusion power.

When it comes to nuclear, I think location, location, location. Japan, with it's earthquakes, is a bad one.

This is America's third atomic bomb for Japan

Fukushima Daiichi: From Nuclear Power Plant to Nuclear Weapon | Global Research

"In the the case of the six GE Mark I reactors at Fukushima #1 and at the 23 similar installations in the United States, this insanity extends to putting the devices for burning nuclear fuel literally underneath elevated cooling pools for storing the nuclear waste.

This design concept might make some limited sense in the context of the tight confines of nuclear submarines. In retrospect GE’s decision simply to inflate the basic prototype of the power plant developed in the 1950s for the Nautilus nuclear submarine, and to use this design in land-based stations for the transformation of nuclear power into electrical power, must surely rank as one of the most dubious cost-cutting measures of all time."

Although there is some exaggeration and misinformation going on, I think the long term risk and consequences are being grossly underestimated. It's very disturbing.

It was a forum add-on that misbehaved badly. I've alerted the developer about it. Meantime, we are functional again, fully I hope.

The Japanese government is thinking an ice wall may prevent additional leakage.

Ice Wall to Stop Further Fukushima Leaks
After repeated failures, Japan chooses costly, untested path

The Japanese government announced Tuesday that it will spend an estimated $470 million on an ice wall and upgraded water treatment units to contain the leakage of contaminated water from the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant.

Through a system of pipes carrying a coolant, the soil surrounding the facility will be frozen to a depth of 100 feet. The method has been used to keep water from entering parts of tunnels and subways, but has never before been tested in a project similar to this.

After leaks of thousands of tons of tainted water into the sea, the government recently took over responsibility of the containment project from the utility’s owner, Tokyo Electric Power Co. Today’s announcement comes only days before the International Olympic Committee chooses between Tokyo, Istanbul and Madrid as the host city for the 2020 Olympics.

Read more: Ice Wall to Stop Further Fukushima Leaks | TIME.com

Back