• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

IsaacKoi

Paranormal Maven
I posted 12 days ago that the New York Times was working on an article about a US government study of UFOs.

That article is now online.

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

For years, the program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, according to Defense Department officials, interviews with program participants and records obtained by The New York Times. It was run by a military intelligence official, Luis Elizondo, on the fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, deep within the building’s maze.

Luis Elizondo and others associated with Tom DeLonge get mentioned, but not Tom DeLonge himself.

I wonder if this is due to some sort of split developing between Tom DeLonge himself and some of those around him.

Tom DeLonge's "Community of Interest" website is now online (with the first of the relevant "UAP" videos) at the link below:
GIMBAL VIDEO

For the video on that website, see:

Holy moly....in addition to the gun camera video footage of a clearly anomalous glowing object being pursued by a Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet, there are some real gems in this article, such as:

"Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena."

"A 2009 Pentagon briefing summary of the program prepared by its director at the time asserted that 'what was considered science fiction is now science fact,' and that the United States was incapable of defending itself against some of the technologies discovered."

"Mr. Elizondo, in his resignation letter of Oct. 4, said there was a need for more serious attention to 'the many accounts from the Navy and other services of unusual aerial systems interfering with military weapon platforms and displaying beyond-next-generation capabilities.'"

The Pentagon’s Secret Search for UFOs .... “There was really nothing there that we could justify using taxpayer money,” he added. “We let it die a slow death. It was well spent money in the beginning.”
First off, the program was not "Top Secret" because the article clearly says: "The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program, whose existence was not classified ..." Secondly it was initiated by a politician whose Wikipedia profile doesn't appear to show he would have the clearances required to get to where the really good stuff would be kept.

Holy moly....in addition to the gun camera video footage of a clearly anomalous glowing object being pursued by a Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet, there are some real gems in this article, such as:

"Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena."

"A 2009 Pentagon briefing summary of the program prepared by its director at the time asserted that 'what was considered science fiction is now science fact,' and that the United States was incapable of defending itself against some of the technologies discovered."

"Mr. Elizondo, in his resignation letter of Oct. 4, said there was a need for more serious attention to 'the many accounts from the Navy and other services of unusual aerial systems interfering with military weapon platforms and displaying beyond-next-generation capabilities.'"

So where do we find out more about this "material" recovered from "unidentified aerial phenomena" ?

Its an interesting aspect to this particular matter (DeLonge's disclosure)

It may give some weight to DeLonge's claims, or as Mr. Oberg said. “Lots of people are active in the air and don’t want others to know about it. They are happy to lurk unrecognized in the noise, or even to stir it up as camouflage.”
And DeLonge's project with its money grab might be designed to discredit and thus camoflage this project with noise.

Good to see you back in the saddle my learned friend.

Last edited:
Are we still laughing at Tom DeLonge?

I think we should remain cautious.

As Mr. Oberg said. “Lots of people are active in the air and don’t want others to know about it. They are happy to lurk unrecognized in the noise, or even to stir it up as camouflage.”

A good way to discourage any further interest in this project would be to stage a dog and pony show, Have it wind up a disappointing circus having parted the fools with their money.
"There's a sucker born every minute" as the quote attributed to Barnum goes.

You create a venn diagram where the common subset "sucker" gets worn by everyone with an interest in the subject and voilà noise and camouflage.

I see a bit of commentary on the cost 22 miiiiiiiiilllllion.............. But really that's not a lot of money at all. we just spent 122 million asking the Australian public to vote yes/no to same sex marriage.

We are buying new submarines for Australia at a cost of 4 billion per boat.

22 million prob got them some nice offices, a few filing cabinets some stationary and a tea lady. By the cost alone this wasn't a big project.
You just spent 6.5 billion to give Mr Trump a new office, and a private jet (which he already had one of).

IDK but just the cost of this project tells me its no smoking gun UFO wise.

Time will tell, i reserve the right to be dead wrong.

Here's Elizondo
The guy who says they have recovered UAP material

It would seem to me that if they have materials, it's no longer simply a "phenomena".
It must be a craft. However that still doesn't make it a UFO.
Unidentified aircraft are excluded from the
definition of "UFO"

Are we still laughing at Tom DeLonge?
I haven't been laughing a DeLonge. I've been reserving judgment and have only said that if he's making a genuine effort to do something positive for the field, that's perfectly fine. I might be somewhat critical of the way the money is being allocated. But if it's all legal then who am I to judge? People give him their money to spend however he wants, and it's his show. So good for him if he can make a decent living from it too. It's probably easier to armchair quarterback that to put it together yourself, and I don't see anyone else making much of a splash in the field these days.

Usual Suspect: Early days and like to hear Author Greg Bishop and Nick Redfern with Gene/Don on this time for roundtable. The skeptical side also suggest the news articles generate income for their operations . Who paid for the news reports?

Last edited:
Usual Suspect: Early days and like to hear Author Greg Bishop and Nick Redfern with Gene/Don on this time for roundtable.
Well, we had Greg on After The Paracast this week. I think Nick was busy, cause I was in touch with him earlier.

Speaking of future stuff, we'll be covering Loren Coleman's new mothman book on the last show of the year.

It's making BBC, Fox and RT news sites.

Didn't Chris receive bigelow money in the dates these reports say the program was running e.g Chris is officially on the black budget payroll (just joking Chris call down lol)

And it surely helps to answer the disclosure question, why pay bigelow millions to research this if you already have the answers?

Back