• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

First clips from 701 looks amazing

Good to see Ray involved. This is his first UFO media project in many years. I'm sure someone will see his pupils become vertical and suggest that he is an evil, shape-shifting reptilian, or others will will howl that he is making it all up, etc...

Thanks for posting Bergen, not seen you in a while. I have to say I am excited about '701' and looking forward to something good in Ufology for the first time in a while. I figured stuff like the citizens hearing was doomed from day one due to the involvement of certain people but James Fox, Tracey Torme and the contributors thus far should be able to pull off something really great.

Gene/Chris - I take it as a no-brainer the show will have James and Tracey back once the film is released?

I'm cautiously optimistic this will be a good film... but a good film about evidence that is already known that is reframed so the lay person could understand it.

When, o UFO gods, when do we get a film that has:

a) new data
b) isn't dumbed down for a mass audience
c) will stand up under scientific scrutiny?

Honestly, I think the overall presentation looks less theatrical and less polished than "I Know What I Saw" or my personal favorite UFO documentary "Secret Access"

Though I am eagerly awaiting this documentary, I don't see this as a viable theatrical release that the masses will pay money to see. Compare just the "talking head/interview" aspect of 701 versus the very high-style and polished feel from Secret Access. Even the font used between cuts on 701 looks like it was edited in IMOVIE.

Again, the best UFO documentary in terms of production value, presentation, sound, and direction is Secret Access. However, 701 is dealing with some very interesting cases which have not been highlighted before. As someone who is interested in this topic, I am looking forward to that. However, that is like preaching to the choir, I am an easy sell.

It looks no different, NO different to any other terrestrial or cable presentation.

Production value, format, cheesy reconstructions.

If this gets any kind of theatrical distribution, I'd be astonished.

Last edited:
It looks no different, NO different to any other terrestrial or cable presentation.

Production value, format, cheesy reconstructions.

If this gets any kind of theatrical distribution, I'd be astonished.

Actually, I would argue it looks a bit worse. The Zamora reenactment is below even what Unsolved Mysteries was doing with 80's and 90's editing abilities. The shot of him driving the car against the green screen was laughable—for a major "theatrical" level production. Again, I applaud the men on their content, I believe that to be top notch. However, I was expecting a far more polished and stylized presentation rather than the standard affair of the guy nicely seated in the chair talking into the camera, filmed entirely at full body length. Again, for comparison, check out the Secret Access documentary I posted. I know the 701 movie is not complete, so hopefully there is more time to listen to some of the critiques and perhaps polish it up a bit.

Re: first video clip on Varginha case

Ok, Marco Cherese's sister is in the hospital and asks the man, who supposedly wrangled a strange alien creature that has caused his immune system to fail (who was that guy confirming that globally historic moment anyways? Gevaerd's name flipped up three times in three minutes but who is the guy with the bomb drop comment?),"This ET case, is it true?" sister asks, and he replies, "There will be no end to this case." Well what the hell?! This is the deathbed testimony describing the most unique and incredible moment ever on planet earth - actual alien capture and all he's got to say is the case will never end? Good grief!

This event on face value sits on a Ufological ladder rung above Roswell, as witnesses still young confirm an alien sighting, a UFO that looked like a floating Minivan, or maybe a submarine (my money's on the minivan) and then there is the whole dodgy stuff about alien capture resulting in a dead frontline worker. Pretty hot potatoes, right?

But seen now in this context as a sort of teaser trailer I'm guessing, it seems like we have a confluence of strange events that culminate in a culturally mythic moment of actual alien capture. That's even better than the the one Grimm's (guys who stole stories from garndma's and retooled them for the middle class) fairy tale that has a talking sausage, a mouse and a bird that are an unlikely collective. But you know, I'm starting to think that a team like that is a pretty good allegory for UFO inquiry sometimes.

mouse-bird_16478_lg.gif

I love how the sausage does all the cooking. The difference in UFO circles is that the birds and mice say, hey, why not just eat the sausage? And so they do. And then the bird and the mouse square off after that.

Last edited:
The Soccoro one is still better than the Varginha piece but some stronger bits of evidence.

The Ruwa material is strongly compelling. I'd do a movie just on that case. I love the twenty year gap and how convincing these witnesses are. Anyone know if all of that footage is from Mack's Team and then Nickerson, who actually did complete a documentary on the Ariel school contact sighting?

The Zimbabwe encounter fascinates me and I give James & Tracy credit for encouraging some of the original witnesses to revisit the encounter. I found John Mack's interview with the schoolchildren compelling and I'm expecting some new material so c'mon boys.. give it to us!!

"One of the aspects that sets our film apart is the producers' commitment to bringing forth never-before-seen evidence. As part of this effort, we're offering a $100,000 reward for the best proof that some UFOs are alien spacecraft," Fox told The Huffington Post exclusively.

This offer is no longer online at the site 701 The Movie

I don't want to start rumors, but did anyone submit an entry? $100,000!
You may already be a winner!

"One of the aspects that sets our film apart is the producers' commitment to bringing forth never-before-seen evidence. As part of this effort, we're offering a $100,000 reward for the best proof that some UFOs are alien spacecraft," Fox told The Huffington Post exclusively.

This offer is no longer online at the site 701 The Movie

I don't want to start rumors, but did anyone submit an entry? $100,000!
You may already be a winner!

Is there a remote possibility someone could win it.

All they said was "reward for best proof," and while I'm no lawyer, that sounds like they'd have to pay the winner.
That does raise questions of who judges it, and also about how those presenting second-best proof of ET craft will be consoled.

Back