• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 8, 2015 — Ron James

I would like to point something out that was raised during this show. The question was asked that if we had back engineered Alien technology in the form of anti-gravity type, then why isn't it being used? Why are private companies and Governments still spending billions firing rockets into space etc and so on. Well, look at what history has shown us regarding suppressed inventions / creations and even back engineered projects of our own? For example during WW2 the British captured a Nazi enigma code machine, we 'back engineered' it, to see how it worked and created a technology to defeat it. The intelligence was largely not used as it would alert the Nazi's we had broken the code. It was saved for more significant war winning decisions, rather than smaller tactical decisions, even if that did mean sacrificing ships full of much needed cargo to the bottom of the Atlantic. So why alert the world we have anti-gravity type technology? Foreign powers would scramble for it, the military industrial complex would take a huge hit, everyday transport even! Look at the Atom bomb, it was used to defeat the Japanese, but it didn't take long for the soviets to get it too did it?

I absolutely agree. The US government has no doubt tech at least 20 years of ahead of what is out to the public. The SR-71 comes to mind. If anyone has seen the Imitation Game - it explains what you are saying. Great movie too.

I absolutely agree. The US government has no doubt tech at least 20 years of ahead of what is out to the public. The SR-71 comes to mind. If anyone has seen the Imitation Game - it explains what you are saying. Great movie too.
I have often wondered if there was a two tiered system in place. One using combustible fuels to justify people to keep using oil and gas and a more secret system using alien technology. This technology being known by only a handful of individuals.

Remember this quote? 'Credibility is not an issue in the Disclosure process. I just don’t care. It’s not my concern and I’m not in a position to sort it out. I don’t give a damn.' That's right, Stephen Bassett giving his opinion on the Paracast. What do people remember from the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure? Hellyer proclaiming there are four species of aliens visiting the planet. Credibility does matter. Sorry, I disagree with many of Ron's points. Sign all the manifestos you like...

Yes, and this guest did not care either... he still wants you to sign the petition??? for what, so any politician/media whom is swayed enough by 100 thousand signatures to actually watch 30 hours of video - would be able to discount the whole thing, including what we define as probably sane witnesses, as crazy after they listen to the absolute crazy witnesses seeded throughtout the video to insure this response... If one of them actually watched the whole thing, Paul Hellyers closing would make them laugh and throw the video in the garbage... along with the credibiltiy of everyone stupid enough to be on it.... (he did this before... how short are peoples memories)

Would you agree it is curious. that when pressed that maybe it wasn't smart to include these nuts... no one asked why the crazies were not deleted from the video?? and then later he changed his tune in the show ( at 140) when he stressed how important it is to not do that when it is serious like at conferences or with researchers???? WOW

Full time disclosure, or full time mis-information and deliberate poisoning of the well...??????

Oh, and to the people that love crazy conspiracies like the free energy crap... you have to remember who started that con... Dr. strangelove, I mean Greer as a way to steal more money from the gullible.... Think about it, free energy would have to be able to be built out of $300 to $400 of parts from your local Radio Shack (before they close) to be affordable, but even if it was real....it would have to be safe enough to be stored in your apartment closet for power delivery.... BUT I would suspect that this type of unbelievable power would require 100s of millions, if not billions of dollars to build it a safe distance from the city and deliver it via the present power grid to everyone.... JUST like we have now.... and they would have to charge you for this free power in order to build this power plant, deliver it and maintain the plant and lines...and staff...and billing departments.... HELL... just like hydro power plants... free energy... that they charge for today...

Hell, most of these so called UFO guys are people whom just dont want to work full time like the rest of us....so they milk the weak minded and other new age con men have for thousands of years.... or in Bassetts job, poison the field so it will never be disclosed---WHY, because the public wouldn't be able to handle the fear that would ensue. YES, fear... this is not our friendly space brothers that your crystal loving - channelers would like you to believe.

On the other hand.... you can discount my rantings - as both Chris and Gene have instigated. on previous podcasts, how damaged and crazy abductees are............that way.... no one should believe us either....

Ron was very interesting and knowledgeable, as always.

I would admit that Ron may even have swayed my opinion of Steve Basset a little in favour of Steve and his work. Gene and Chris both agreed that Bassett's work ethic and drive cannot be called into question and that he alone is attempting things no-one else is attempting (and compare that with all the armchair naysers, full of spite but doing F-all themselves!).

OK, so Ron explained the fact they were getting the White House to go on record on the issue is worthy enough and that Bassett's efforts may have a number of possibly far-reaching results that might not initially be apparent to the casual observer. Good point Ron and I for one had not considered this.

HUUUGE 'But' however - The sad fact is that such an effort, when attempting to change minds on such a polarised third rail topic, can only be as strong as it's weakest link and to have guest speakers of the true believer persuasion damages credibility to such an extent that no sane politician is going to want to run with this issue because if they do, journalists and commentators will seize upon their supporting of -insert name of lunatic fringe speaker - and not the quality, credible, sense-making supporter.
Bassett, when questioned on this, steadfastly refuses to even consider that this could even be an issue and a problem for the credibility of the project.

This, i think, is why he will fail and this is why he is not getting the support he otherwise might. For example, I personally tend to steer clear of anything he is involved in. Perhaps unfairly so, but for me the milk is tainted. I have actually previously gone so far as to suggest Bassett could actually be a 'plant,' a disinformation agent, because I just cannot reconcile such a driven and intelligent man as Bassett being unable to see such a simple factor as being to the detriment of his efforts? I mean, to drop these woo-woo names and proceed solely with properly vetted, credible participants, would not harm his progress one iota. No, I am positive that it would help. I fail to understand why he cannot see this, as it seems plain enough to the rest of us! So if he really was a disinfo-agent, what better position to be in than steering the only damn ship in the race! It would be poetic in it's cunning!

I would be a huge and vocal supporter of Basset if he wasn't dragging this baggage around with him as he goes about his otherwise commendable efforts. It really is such a shame.

Finally though. As Ron rightly pointed out, it takes little time to put your name to the petition, even if you are dubious about its aims and chances of success and I know that we, collectively often think these things are a good idea but never actually get round to doing. So I decided to act instead of just spouting! And, as far as I can tell, the petition has been closed - I went to it via a link from the paradigm research group's own website.

If anyone knows differently, please let myself and the forum know, so we can get off our collective butts and give the effort our backing.:D

Ron was very interesting and knowledgeable, as always.

I would admit that Ron may even have swayed my opinion of Steve Basset a little in favour of Steve and his work. Gene and Chris both agreed that Bassett's work ethic and drive cannot be called into question and that he alone is attempting things no-one else is attempting (and compare that with all the armchair naysers, full of spite but doing F-all themselves!).

OK, so Ron explained the fact they were getting the White House to go on record on the issue is worthy enough and that Bassett's efforts may have a number of possibly far-reaching results that might not initially be apparent to the casual observer. Good point Ron and I for one had not considered this.

HUUUGE 'But' however - The sad fact is that such an effort, when attempting to change minds on such a polarised third rail topic, can only be as strong as it's weakest link and to have guest speakers of the true believer persuasion damages credibility to such an extent that no sane politician is going to want to run with this issue because if they do, journalists and commentators will seize upon their supporting of -insert name of lunatic fringe speaker - and not the quality, credible, sense-making supporter.
Bassett, when questioned on this, steadfastly refuses to even consider that this could even be an issue and a problem for the credibility of the project.

This, i think, is why he will fail and this is why he is not getting the support he otherwise might. For example, I personally tend to steer clear of anything he is involved in. Perhaps unfairly so, but for me the milk is tainted. I have actually previously gone so far as to suggest Bassett could actually be a 'plant,' a disinformation agent, because I just cannot reconcile such a driven and intelligent man as Bassett being unable to see such a simple factor as being to the detriment of his efforts? I mean, to drop these woo-woo names and proceed solely with properly vetted, credible participants, would not harm his progress one iota. No, I am positive that it would help. I fail to understand why he cannot see this, as it seems plain enough to the rest of us! So if he really was a disinfo-agent, what better position to be in than steering the only damn ship in the race! It would be poetic in it's cunning!

I would be a huge and vocal supporter of Basset if he wasn't dragging this baggage around with him as he goes about his otherwise commendable efforts. It really is such a shame.

Finally though. As Ron rightly pointed out, it takes little time to put your name to the petition, even if you are dubious about its aims and chances of success and I know that we, collectively often think these things are a good idea but never actually get round to doing. So I decided to act instead of just spouting! And, as far as I can tell, the petition has been closed - I went to it via a link from the paradigm research group's own website.

If anyone knows differently, please let myself and the forum know, so we can get off our collective butts and give the effort our backing.:D
Goggs, you have made some great points. If only Bassett could see the need to drop some of the woo-woo speakers it would make for a more solid presentation.

I also wondered, what if Bassett was acting as a disinformation agent. It would be the scam of the ages. I just don't want to let myself think this is some sort of conspiracy.

One thing seems likely. As long as Bassett has a pipeline of money flowing, he won't be giving up anytime soon.

Yes, and this guest did not care either... he still wants you to sign the petition??? for what, so any politician/media whom is swayed enough by 100 thousand signatures to actually watch 30 hours of video - would be able to discount the whole thing, including what we define as probably sane witnesses, as crazy after they listen to the absolute crazy witnesses seeded throughtout the video to insure this response... If one of them actually watched the whole thing, Paul Hellyers closing would make them laugh and throw the video in the garbage... along with the credibiltiy of everyone stupid enough to be on it.... (he did this before... how short are peoples memories)

Would you agree it is curious. that when pressed that maybe it wasn't smart to include these nuts... no one asked why the crazies were not deleted from the video?? and then later he changed his tune in the show ( at 140) when he stressed how important it is to not do that when it is serious like at conferences or with researchers???? WOW

Full time disclosure, or full time mis-information and deliberate poisoning of the well...??????

Oh, and to the people that love crazy conspiracies like the free energy crap... you have to remember who started that con... Dr. strangelove, I mean Greer as a way to steal more money from the gullible.... Think about it, free energy would have to be able to be built out of $300 to $400 of parts from your local Radio Shack (before they close) to be affordable, but even if it was real....it would have to be safe enough to be stored in your apartment closet for power delivery.... BUT I would suspect that this type of unbelievable power would require 100s of millions, if not billions of dollars to build it a safe distance from the city and deliver it via the present power grid to everyone.... JUST like we have now.... and they would have to charge you for this free power in order to build this power plant, deliver it and maintain the plant and lines...and staff...and billing departments.... HELL... just like hydro power plants... free energy... that they charge for today...

Hell, most of these so called UFO guys are people whom just dont want to work full time like the rest of us....so they milk the weak minded and other new age con men have for thousands of years.... or in Bassetts job, poison the field so it will never be disclosed---WHY, because the public wouldn't be able to handle the fear that would ensue. YES, fear... this is not our friendly space brothers that your crystal loving - channelers would like you to believe.

On the other hand.... you can discount my rantings - as both Chris and Gene have instigated. on previous podcasts, how damaged and crazy abductees are............that way.... no one should believe us either....
Don't misunderstand. Damaged doesn't mean crazy, and I can't imagine many people undergoing one of these experiences and not being hurt by it.

Forgive me for stating the obvious (my talent). If you have a topic like the existence of UFOs that you wish to have taken seriously by the mainstream, you do NOT allow crackpots to represent you. Look at what happened to a mainstream icon of integrity, Brian Williams. One false story destroyed him, at least temporarily. He is now the object of countless internet jokes. Bassett can claim that any news is good news, but to me that is just a rationalization for allowing him to make money by presenting entertaining (but totally bogus) speakers like Steven Greer and the entire exopolitics movement. I think Bassett just wants to be able to have conferences with fanciful people because such people draw audiences. Why? Because to most people UFOs are an entertainment subject. I admit that often times I will put on a YOUTUBE lecture by Alfred Webre or other "goofy" people, purely for the entertainment value. I also believe that petitions are meaningless. I was alive during the Viet Nam war. Millions of people protested against that war for years. Petitions were sent to the President. The impact? Negligible. Even if Bassett could present a petition with 5 MILLION signatures, who would care?

Speaking of Quantum Photosynthesis , James said (at 1:29:40 in Paracast+)

“shown in …Quantum Photosynthesis. How realities and dimensions intertwine …anybody who wants to Google it will find that what’s been discovered happening in plants is absolutely mind blowing breakthrough in how reality actually doesn’t have to function all the time and work. It’s one of the reasons that I think the Theory of Everything hasn’t been discovered is because what they are finding out with the way different dimensions and different things interact is that when reality can’t function under the laws of physics there is a mechanism to allow it to cheat, which is why you can’t mathematically prove it because you can’t mathematically define a variable such as that.”

Want to point out that this is not what the Quantum Photosynthesis article is saying. It is saying that the plant behavior cannot be described under the laws of “Classical physics” (meaning the laws of physics without regard to Quantum mechanics). The breakthrough described in the article is that for the first time behavior has been identified (molecules exchanging a discrete quantum of energy) which can only be described by quantum mathematics. The results of prior experiments could be explained either by quantum or classical physics.

It is saying nothing about “How realities and dimensions intertwine” or “they are finding out with the way different dimensions and different things interact is that when reality can’t function under the laws of physics there is a mechanism to allow it to cheat, which is why you can’t mathematically prove it”.

Quantum mechanics explains efficiency of photosynthesis

Excellent show. It's always beneficial to the audience when, despite their differences of opinion, the hosts and guest can discuss an issue such as disclosure without resorting to combative debate.

Disclosure is a non-issue for me, especially when you take in the fact that Congress and the executive branch operate on two entirely different playing fields. Congress does not have the internal procedure or national security guidelines of the executive branch. Even if Congress was compelled to conduct further hearings, disclosure will always be withheld in the interest of national security.

As for any negative consequences associated with signing the petition, I can think of only one: employment. It's an online petition whose signatories are available online. Unfortunately, the reason most people won't associate themselves with ufology is the stigma associated with the field. If an employer performed a Google search of a prospective employee's name and discovered the petition, that may have negative consequences against the applicant's chances. Sad, but true.

I haven't heard the episode yet but heard the Chris's comment about helping Ukraine at the beginning. Well, as a folk who was born and lives last 38 years in Odessa, Ukraine I want to chime in here. If nobody helps Ukraine with weaponry soon in couple years you'll hear about problems in Poland, Hungary and other European countries or even much sooner. Please understand, it's not about Ukraine only, it's bigger. I'm not going to repeat the whole story of the last year since the moment when Russian special forces invaded Eastern Ukraine to sabotage local authorities and create rebells. But right now Ukrainian army is fighting for months with Russian army for Ukrainian own territory and the rest of the world is just watching outside and expresses a deep concern that doesn't help at all. Putin is pretty much I the same position as Hitler was in 1938, I REALLY hope the history isn't repeating itself at this very moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't heard the episode yet but heard the Chris's comment about helping Ukraine at the beginning. Well, as a folk who was born and lives last 38 years in Odessa, Ukraine I want to chime in here. If nobody helps Ukraine with weaponry soon in couple years you'll hear about problems in Poland, Hungary and other European countries or even much sooner. Please understand, it's not about Ukraine only, it's bigger. I'm not going to repeat the whole story of the last year since the moment when Russian special forces invaded Eastern Ukraine to sabotage local authorities and create rebells. But right now Ukrainian army is fighting for months with Russian army for Ukrainian own territory and the rest of the world is just watching outside and expresses a deep concern that doesn't help at all. Putin is pretty much I the same position as Hitler was in 1938, I REALLY hope the history isn't repeating itself at this very moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for your insight.

But why ask the US to risk worldwide nuclear armageddon by poking our noise into an evolving 100 year relationship that "mother" Russia has with it's former vassal states? It's as if Texas decided to become an independent entity and 20 years later the USA decides to reacquire Texas and Russia decides to arm the Texans to fight against this reacquisition... maybe not the best analogy, but you get my drift. Who are we to poke our nose into a dangerous regional conflict that could spark WWIII? Where the fuck is Germany, England, France and the other neighborhood "NATO" countries? Why can't we proxy this out to those in the neighborhood? Sorry, I really feel for the people caught in the crossfire, but if the US gets more involved we are dancing w/ a bloodthirsty nuclear devil w/ this mess. IMO, of course...

But why ask the US to risk worldwide nuclear armageddon by poking our noise into an evolving 100 year relationship that "mother" Russia has with it's former vassal states? It's as if Texas decided to become an independent entity and 20 years later the USA decides to reacquire Texas and Russia decides to arm the Texans to fight against this reacquisition... maybe not the best analogy, but you get my drift. Who are we to poke our nose into a dangerous regional conflict that could spark WWIII? Where the fuck is Germany, England, France and the other neighborhood "NATO" countries? Why can't we proxy this out to those in the neighborhood? Sorry, I really feel for the people caught in the crossfire, but if the US gets more involved we are dancing w/ a bloodthirsty nuclear devil w/ this mess. IMO, of course...
I agree with your opinion. I am grateful Artyom has a platform to express his fears. I'm not sure what the answers are for his country.

I agree with your opinion. I am grateful Artyom has a platform to express his fears. I'm not sure what the answers are for his country.
I am extremely concerned about what is reported to be going on in the region. I suspect the real story is infinitely more disturbing and horrific and that is beyond troubling. This is an example of how planetary relationships in the 21st century will evolve to become either overt, blood & gutz in yer face, or incredibly nuanced. I have no answers but urge restraint and compassion by all those impacted by the PTB who hold all the cards, arms and attitude.

The U.S. pokes their nose in regional conflicts ?;)

Please don't mix Russia as a country with ambitions of the current KGB emerged from regime. Essentially we are talking about a single person and his team that has calculated the U.S. reaction on his actions quite right....Just like you said "let's not provoke them..." And of course the enormous size of the Russian propaganda would make doctor Joseph Goebbels Joseph Goebbels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia envy for sure.

What can I say except "thank you for your "support"...In a week or two Russia-rebels will continue their attacks and we here in Ukraine will continue to loose our lives. It's true what they say "You can only rely on your own"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As to the Texas analogy you need to add that its wish to become independent would be staged by Mexican government who would sent "greenmen" to help local folks to storm administrative buildings and creat a fake republic. It's about a hybrid war tactic.

The irony is that I completely support your distrust to US government on many U.S local issues and how one would support anything they say after that even if they are right?...

And one more thing. In so many cases we think about Earth as a small world, which is precious and needs to be protected but on other cases we tend to think the opposite - we're too far to be concerned. With the correct attitude "let's not provoke Putin" we'll see not only Ukraine but other countries to be conquered one by one. Remember 1939?

PS. Oh Germany is the separate story...Mercel is very specific lady and nobody really knows what did she talk about with Putin behind the close doors....

Here is a good FlipBoard mag to read to follow the unfolding events here in Ukraine and reactions on it -
http://flip.it/ISpDg

Last edited:
Back