• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 13 Jari Mikkola

I questioned some details of Jari's analysis for the 'Jerusalem UFO' videos. He never satisfactorly addressed my questions. I got selective, shifting arguments from him trying to show the hoax. What nailed it for me is his continued reliance on the 3rd, obviously hoaxed, video as conjecture that the entire thing is a hoax. That is a strawman argument.

I questioned some details of Jari's analysis for the 'Jerusalem UFO' videos. He never satisfactorly addressed my questions. I got selective, shifting arguments from him trying to show the hoax. What nailed it for me is his continued reliance on the 3rd, obviously hoaxed, video as conjecture that the entire thing is a hoax. That is a strawman argument.

Why do you care so much about these silly videos? Hasn't the drone hoax taught us anything? The similarities are remarkable (Not the images, the circumstances).

Did someone speak of silly videos and religion? Well just take a lookie here....start the video about 5 minutes in.....pass the popcorn..please.

Why do you care so much about these silly videos? Hasn't the drone hoax taught us anything? The similarities are remarkable (Not the images, the circumstances).
Because videos are the primary way to get any evidence. Yes, I know, it can all be hoaxed. But there *are* ways to tell it all apart. You just have to look at the details closely enough.

Because videos are the primary way to get any evidence. Yes, I know, it can all be hoaxed. But there *are* ways to tell it all apart. You just have to look at the details closely enough.

In reality pictures and videos are some of the weakest evidence you can present. Sure, they make for nice corroboration to other evidence. But by themselves they aren't enough.

In reality pictures and videos are some of the weakest evidence you can present. Sure, they make for nice corroboration to other evidence. But by themselves they aren't enough.
Well, I guess it comes down to what you are looking for evidence of.
For now, I am looking for evidence of weird things in the sky, doing crazy manouvers, really being there. Evidence that the claims of sighting these weird things are not all hoaxes.

Well, I guess it comes down to what you are looking for evidence of.
For now, I am looking for evidence of weird things in the sky, doing crazy manouvers, really being there. Evidence that the claims of sighting these weird things are not all hoaxes.

Well, as far as the Jerusalem vids go here is what Chris Rutkowski (A guy whose opinion I very much respect) has to say:

I don't really want to start in on the Jerusalem UFO videos, but really, people. I still am getting tweets and Facebook updates by people who state that "skeptics" are "baffled" by the Jerusalem videos. Uh -nope. I can't think of a single serious UFO researcher who didn't see the videos once and realize they were faked.

Yet UFO proponents hype it this way: http://www.allnewsweb.com/page1199999486.php

Although to counter that, look at a website such as: http://bit.ly/iinE2V

There's so much against the reality of the video. Anonymous poster, lack of numerous witnesses, internal inconsistency of the video itself, and simple directions on how to fake it, showing the "motion tile" effect:

A good try, though.

What's most annoying is that ardent believers are using the Jerusalem UFO video as proof or in support of other cases that may or may not have more support. And that's too bad, because if there is a real phenomenon, this is not the way to prove it.
Ufology Research

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Btw, I just took a look at the archive and saw that Chris Rutkowski hasn't been a guest of the show since 2006. That seems criminal. :(

With a weekly show it's hard to get all the guests we would want, and most are happy to come on the show, and still keep up to date with the latest developments.

Well I finally got the time to listen to the show this afternoon, and I enjoyed it. I like to hear different ideas from different people, it makes it interesting I think anyway. I enjoy listening even to way out there stuff,...that doesn't mean I beleive in it or agree with it, but it does make me think and defend my own ideas and thoughts.
Even though I'm convinced we went to the moon,- several times -, I still don't mind hearing the reasons why some people don't think we did, even though I have yet to hear or see any evidence that isn't misunderstood or presents a lack of scientific understanding.
Good show.

I do not or would not expect to agree with every guest on the Paracast. You listen to most any other show and either the host or co host agrees with most anything the guest states. Not every size fits all in this world. It just so happens to be that your listeners are a bit more informed than the listeners of the other shows, with a forum that is somewhat meaningful. If someone is peddling a book or out on the lecture circuit, or starting a site, they have to realize that no matter what show their going to be on, they have a bull’s-eye on them. If they are not prepared to answer honest & difficult questions occasionally, they should expect some good natured ribbing, especially from the members. I would think that would be the way to build a strong audience with a deep field of highly respected guests. That lends credit to you and Mr. Obrien.
With a weekly show it's hard to get all the guests we would want, and most are happy to come on the show, and still keep up to date with the latest developments.

This is difficult for me to do coming from the C-2-C/George-“worst host in the world” Snoory days. But I have to interject here on the last program with Jari. This guy reminds me of a person we had living on our ranch years ago, who did most of the grunt work. We called him “Larry the Liar”. Larry did it all, was an astronaut, a Para-trooper, a spy, a computer hacker for NSA, a sniper- you name it and Larry the liar did it. Jari not only saw a ghost as a kid, but saw Marilyn Monroe! He polishes mirrors for astro-physics; he speaks several languages including sign language. He worked at NASA as an IT expert! Really?????? Wow, no wonder he hangs with Stan R. And to top all of this off, you guys ask him his option about the Dome of the Rock UFO tapes. At least he didn’t tell us that he flew the craft in question as an operative for the U.S/UFO black projects. As far as I am concerned, the Jerusalem UFO event is in my “gray box” as S.F calls it, and until I can validate one way or another, I will remain neutral. I certainly don’t feel a need to disprove this event so strongly, as to have some crack pot, (who says that the later moon landings were hoaxed), to discredit it. Now that I got my rant out of the way, I really enjoy the format, and the intelligent interview techniques you guys employ. Just had to blow off some steam on this one. Cheers.

Did someone speak of silly videos and religion? Well just take a lookie here....start the video about 5 minutes in.....pass the popcorn..please.

Great clip SRL.
Reverend King i think, man he was endlessly entertaining. He was just awesome in the movie "Farewell Good Brothers" about the contactees in the 1950's. Rent it if you get a chance.

Still kind of perplexed no one else called him out on his NASA and DoD budget emphatic claims.

I lost the guest very early on, but man...Romanek, Talbott, wards points above... good luck, Jari

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

plumbbob12, would you mind changing your font and fontsize back to what is generally used here ? Thanks

Actually, I find any comparison to the drone hoax very far off. First, the drone photos were just that, photos. It's pretty easy to CGI anything you want into a static photo. And since it was easy to do, it was done. Furthermnore, with the drone photos, there was real analysis done of the shadowing and perspective clearly demonstrating computer graphics were involved and the pictures were likely composted and manipulated.
In the case of the Jerlusalem videos, there is no clear evidence of fraud like this. These are a series of detailed videos. It would take far more time and effort to produce them than those drone pictures. Plus there are supporting arguments for the videos being real.

Since crop circles have been mentioned, I am, at the risk of being tiresome, going to mention yet again that I'd really like to see Colin Andrews be a Paracast guest.

Since crop circles have been mentioned, I am, at the risk of being tiresome, going to mention yet again that I'd really like to see Colin Andrews be a Paracast guest.

That would only be entertaining if someone who had views that opposed his were also on. Matthew Williams (whose hatred of all things Apple will probably keep him off this show unfortunately) or Candi Sworlen would make good ones I'd think. I personally have no desire to hear yet another radio show where true-believers in crop circles like Colin prattle on about their pseudo-science without a sufficiently prepared opposition to challenge them. But that's just me I guess.

The spectacular denouement of Andrews when, after solemnly pronouncing a circle to be one of the genuine articles, he was shown a video of the all too human effort that actually made the circle, is one of the CLASSIC moments in the paranormal field. And in typical fashion, true believers went on without the least concern.

Fondly,
Lance

I know this is off topic but I was in a seminar today and we were going over left and right brain and critical thinking and using pictures. I noticed that on some of the slides the presenter wasn't taking into account the "eyesight" issue but was simply calling perception left or right brain. Anyway, I always think of something when I see a post by you Lance. I am extremely near sighted and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust or focus. For that reason I always "see" your avatar as a long necked dinosaur. Maybe a Brachiosaurus. It just reminded me because I was having trouble focusing this morning on some of the presenters slides at my seminar and I remember thinking we often don't even think about all the things that can account for our perceptions of a thing. Anyway, sorry for the ramble. :)

Truly,
Steve

I feel sort of let down, I always thought it was an epic football catch ... ;)

I actually thought it was a football myself once I realized it wasn't a dino. :)
Maybe that's why I don't get into or believe in the nuts and bolts crafts...I couldn't make it out anyway. :)

Back