• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 13 Jari Mikkola

ward

Paranormal Adept
I'm highly dubious of this guys claims, maybe he was just having a bad radio appearance, first time I've ever heard him.

I laughed when he said Star Wars in 1977 was using Digital effects, laughed again when he said Joshua Warren was husband to Lorraine Warren. OK maybe just simple mistakes, first appearance and all but when he just factually said that NASA budget for 2002-2003 was bigger then the DoD's budget, come on and he claims to have worked for NASA as well?? huh?? a little bit of time researching and its easy to see

NASA 2003 $15.0 billion
DoD 2002 $330.6 billion

Well, can't hit a home run every week but lets skip this guy in the future Gene and Chris. This guy just did not sound Kosher to me at all....

Ward,

I had the same feeling once he started talking about how the Moon landings were faked and how the photos looked manipulated.

At least he has the sense to see that the Jerusalem video is fake.
Also, now people are saying that it's a viral video for The Battle of Los Angeles.

I started losing Mr. Mikkola in the Jewish cemetery. The partial apparitions he claimed to have captured on film are in one of many boxes in the states among hundreds of photographs. I would just say that if you have compelling evidence and it is your only picture you would know exactly where it is. By the way welcome to the members forum Mr. Mikkola.

This was another episode I enjoyed and I am surprised by the quick rejection the fellow earned from other listeners. I hate to see people give in to taboos and reject entirely other people's thoughts based on their differences from the "accepted" line of thought which is deemed the only truth. I'm pretty sure this guy had heard many sides in the matters discussed and isn't your regular trigger-happy subscriber of fancy beliefs.

I enjoyed hearing some closure on the topic of that Dutch guy, over whom the Paracast and Nancy Talbott had got into odds in another memorable episode some time ago.

I also had problems downloading the episode. I downloaded a 400Kb file several times from Firefox, before turning to IE and managing to download the complete episode.

Our server is moderately busy, but we recently upgraded it to handle many, many terabytes of bandwidth. So it should have worked. Perhaps an issue with Firefox (or caching perhaps?).

I laughed when he said Star Wars in 1977 was using Digital effects

Actually Star Wars was one of the first movies to incorporate vector graphics into a film (in the form of the TIE fighter targetting console and Death Star trench briefing) as well as some more basic graphics for other various consoles and displays. However it sounded to me like he was suggesting that the film was digitally composited, which it most certainly was not (although I think ILM did eventually pioneer that technology). Interesting side note, the early graphic renderings done for The Last Starfighter were originally offered to Lucasfilm as a demo real to show their potential for the (then) upcoming 3rd Star Wars film. Lucas turned them down complaining that the computer versions were too flat and lacked realism. Oh, irony...

This guy just did not sound Kosher to me at all....

I didn't have a problem with him. He seems critical enough, just not in some areas where perhaps more critical thinking would be benefitial (ie the Moon landings).

Overall I enjoyed this week's show. For the record I had a slight glitch when I tried to download it but when I clicked the link again it worked fine, so it might have just been me.

I'm highly dubious of this guys claims, maybe he was just having a bad radio appearance, first time I've ever heard him.

I laughed when he said Star Wars in 1977 was using Digital effects, laughed again when he said Joshua Warren was husband to Lorraine Warren. OK maybe just simple mistakes, first appearance and all but when he just factually said that NASA budget for 2002-2003 was bigger then the DoD's budget, come on and he claims to have worked for NASA as well?? huh?? a little bit of time researching and its easy to see

NASA 2003 $15.0 billion
DoD 2002 $330.6 billion

Well, can't hit a home run every week but lets skip this guy in the future Gene and Chris. This guy just did not sound Kosher to me at all....

The worst was Anthony Sanchez IMO

I had no problems with the DL.
I dont subscribe to the idea that we faked the moon landings or that 911 was other than what we saw.
But apart from that i enjoyed the discussions

The worst was Anthony Sanchez IMO

Speaking of Sanchez I ran into a book of his online recently called UFO Highway. I took a look at the table of contents and was amazed by the silliness in there. Somehow he managed to squeeze into that toc every foolish UFO subject there is, the alien interview, Dulce, S4, you name it. He was a guest on the Paracast? Gotta' say I'm a little surprised.

Well I have to think he self-destructed on The Paracast. He has not responded to my requests to see that book. Maybe he was embarrassed. :)

Back