• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Feb 20 2011 James Carrion

beats me where you get the "his intrests when they don't agree with the going notion".My point was and is that there is alot on the cutting room floor.

That's all fine and dandy, but how much would you bark if he happened on the side of the wishful thinkers instead of those really looking for honest factual evidence? I don't know you personally, but it's all too obvious how easily it is to remark on "all others involved" and how he's in "bed" with disinformation, when the person involved happens to openly admit that any weight that E.T.'s actually exist is just not there.

And Gee you know something....MUFON's money troubles date back long before Carrion. It's just a lot easier to point fingers at "obvious" reasons instead of admitting the more you beat a dead horse, the more the dead horse is beat....and nothing more.

Personally I thought this episode was good but certainly not one of the best. As a casual listener I'm not too interested in the "he said she said" political aspect of MUFON or any other organization...its interesting but I'm not sure it merits an entire show...maybe a couple of segments.

I enjoy listening to different cases and theories on what is causing different paranormal phenomena.

My personal favorite guest on this show: Phillip Imbrogno.

Just my thoughts, not cramping anyone's style.

Would it necessarily have to be a superior civilization?

I see your point. Definitions are always predicated on the criteria we bring to them.

I will take the easiest way out and say that by my estimation, any civilization of far greater physical power and complexity would be unavoidably regarded as superior. I've had similar debates with professors regarding the question of whether life on earth has shown a pattern of biological "progress" over billions of years, or is simply in the process of producing variety. My point was that the record is one of ever increasing complexity. The only organisms qualified to judge the value of complexity for the sake of complexity, are the higher life forms.

I agree with your second point about competition for natural resources being a common denominator amongst species at various levels of complexity. But I question what might constitute valued natural resources for a highly advanced species.
I'm not sure we can say.

It could also be a civilization in decline that still possesses the technology of a prior advanced civilization. The aliens can make the stuff stop and go, navigate, etc., but they don't understand how it all works. And if stuff breaks down, no one (or maybe very few) can repair it.

This was part of the premise in "District 9". The alien civilization is advanced, but the ship is carrying mostly non-technological workers. Only the one survivor can make the ship work again. (Man, what a great movie!)

The interview with Mr. Carrion was interesting and revealing. Not necessarily with the in fighting at Mufon, but with respect to the research conducted. Mr. Carrion’s Pandora Project, digitizing 13,000 U.S. historical case files was a timely idea. However, because of the lack of evidentiary standards a percentage of those files are in question. What is the percentage of those files in question? Out of a percentage of those involve alien abductions with hypnotic regression therapy. How many cases, and whom were the therapists? I was surprised when Mr. Carrion described how he and Mr. Salisbury met with former experincers in order to complete Mr. Salisbury’s latest book. I would have thought that Mr. Salisbury would have mentioned that companionship in his interview on the Paracast. As far as the “Hunt for the Skinwalker” is concerned , I don’t see Mr. Vallee or Mr. Keheller as ignorant or being duped. If anything Mr. Knapp may have embroidered, or embellished a bit. For what it’s worth, Mr. Vallee suggested that there is more than enough evidence as it is. The science has yet to be performed. I find it amazing that Mufon has lasted as long as it has. It is a tribute to the volunteers, whom on their own time, and probably without deep pockets go out and attempt field investigations. It appears as though Mufon has been dismembered, and perhaps its time to disband.

It could also be a civilization in decline that still possesses the technology of a prior advanced civilization. The aliens can make the stuff stop and go, navigate, etc., but they don't understand how it all works. And if stuff breaks down, no one (or maybe very few) can repair it.

This was part of the premise in "District 9". The alien civilization is advanced, but the ship is carrying mostly non-technological workers. Only the one survivor can make the ship work again. (Man, what a great movie!)

Wouldn't it be likely that their society would by necessity mirror ours in some respects? There are engineers and technicians who handle the technical aspects of design, manufacture, and maintenance and there are end-users who for the large part only operate and utilize the technology provided. For manufactured space craft from somewhere else to exist there would also have to be a complex support infrastructure of education, food production, medical services, research and development, and so forth to support the development and manufacture of the things in factories somewhere. There would have to be training facilities for pilots, etc. etc. etc. Unless the aliens have blink technology and can just twiddle their noses and blink things into existence something like that must exist on the backside of the phenomena.

Back