• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Favourite movie moments thread

Great story, Great scene track it down. The Shout.

Beautiful film, wonderful man. Being there.

"Teach it phenomenology Doolittle". Dark Star.

Another Blatty classic highlighting the better side of mans nature.
The Ninth Configuration.

The End

Mark

I have to put in one or two scenes from withnail and I because its the best movie ive ever seen.....

Great acting.

and very funny.

It will tend to make you very high!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9eCCAAsLJeY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9eCCAAsLJeY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Neither of these are favourites, they're here for other reasons.
Baddest man and all that, just had to share and ask?

PS, This one is a favourite though,

Mark

I readily admit to being a geeky fan of giant monster movies. The clip posted here is from the South Korean film Host, one of my favorites. Do yourself a favor and buy the dvd, then watch in wide-screen high definition with your sound system's bass set to window rattling level to get the full effect of those drums.
( Lord, I hate flash videos. Clicking the high def option in the player helps a bit, but doesn't do the film's beautiful picture quality justice. Bah!)

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zcyc5nFjwDc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QyXkY3wgjSE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QyXkY3wgjSE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Just found your last post skunkape,

That's insane but hilarious, Thanks for that.

Here's one I would like to see again, and if you haven't already seen this David particularly, I think you would like it. (It's all in the title) and no I'm not being sarcastic :) love ya.

Mark

I recently watched ' The Libertine' for the first time and was blown away by it, so, it's hard to pick a scene that I favour the most because without a doubt;this is one of the best films I have ever seen.

However, there was a couple of scenes that struck deep with me and I found the message of the whole film to be so eloquently delivered that I am compelled to watch time and time again-I just find it mesmerizing-and not just for the eye candy;) (Johnny Depp)

So, the opening scene is definitely up there with my favourites(up to 2.40 min) the opening dialogue.: *NOT for the easily offended I might add* lol:D

and this scene just had me hanging on every word (up to 4.33min)

Brilliant in its entirety though:)

'Saving Private Ryan' and visiting the Omaha Memorial Service in Normandy at the end. My own experince of standing next to a number of active and none active 94th , 83rd , 101st and Airborne Veterans and shaking there hands. Then sitting with them on the brick wall over looking Omaha Beach drinking French Apple Cider thinking how hell did these young guys do it.:)

Oooo I like this thread. I have probably quite numerous fave scenes. Oh lets see, let me think of a couple or so. In Star Wars, when Darth Vader tells Luke, "Nooooo, ---I--- am your father!" At the end of Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, when you could see (the real) Dr. J. Allen Hynek. I liked the beginning of 'Titanic', when it was exiting out into the blue ocean on a beautiful day, with these jumping dolphins leading the ship. Beautiful musical score. (Also --love-- Celine Dion). I am never-failingly --moved-- when I watch '2001: A Space Odyssy' where the pre-man primate whirls a bone into the sky before the great Black Monolith, then it morphs into a whirling high-tech SpaceStation. And in 'Contact', where Jodie Foster meets the 'alien' who lookd like her late dad, and he says, "Small steps, Ellie". Makes me almost cry every time!

Other movies Smiles People, Pink Pathers, Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (I read the books along time ago) ,Back to the future, All quite on the Western Front the Original, Star trek Movies old & New, Avatar, Band of Brothers, The Longest Day, Independence Day, Wizard of Oz spooky connotations, Matrix, Harry Potter Movies etc:)

Back