• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

end of the world hoax going round

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
you may have heard of it the end of the world on may 21st here is the truth...
Hope this educates any one who come in contact with this bunch.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

here is a less religious exposure of the group;

Mark your calendar's, folks. And pack your bags.
For those of you going up, I'd suggest any suitable swimwear. For those of you going down, well...let's just say extreme-weather clothing may be a good idea.:eek:

This guy's group has put up billboards all over my part of the country and hired staff to spread the word. Really not sure what would have given him the idea that Southerners might be receptive to his message.

Really not sure what would have given him the idea that Southerners might be receptive to his message.

As a former southerner... I know quite a few people who would fall for this. (as in family) :(

The whole end-of-the-world prediciton thing is fascinating. It seems to occur several times a decade. Is there just an overwhelming desire by so many people throughout time for the world to end? It would seem so. I think there is a some contingent of humanity at any given moment wishes that the world would end and in a big way. It is as if humanity has some racial suicidal urge that bubbles up on a regular basis and manifests as dreams of global destruction and supernatural judgment.

You would think the mere fact that every other prediction of a "end times-like" event has never come true would ruin the market for this nonsense.

the weather sat is clear and sunny...Im planing on going to the roller derby and watching my wife play...then im gonna toast the failure of the rupture to appear! for no man knows the day or the hour save the father in heaven-the bible.

The whole end-of-the-world prediciton thing is fascinating. It seems to occur several times a decade. Is there just an overwhelming desire by so many people throughout time for the world to end? It would seem so. I think there is a some contingent of humanity at any given moment wishes that the world would end and in a big way. It is as if humanity has some racial suicidal urge that bubbles up on a regular basis and manifests as dreams of global destruction and supernatural judgment.

That's so true... i wonder though, if there might not be some sort of collective unconscious memories of when we have practically annihilated ourselves over and over, perhaps this is where it comes from?

Oh for crying out loud. Not again.

Do you know how hard it is to put this planet back together and wipe everyone's memories? I'll tell ya, it's wearing me thin.:mad:

Oh for crying out loud. Not again.

Do you know how hard it is to put this planet back together and wipe everyone's memories? I'll tell ya, it's wearing me thin.:mad:

I bought one of these and as a party trick i set it off and tell people they didnt just see an alien or UFO.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEN-BLACK-NEURA...370?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2563c26d92

This combined with the reality they hadnt just seen an alien makes for a nice confused look on their faces

Shows how delusional our 'mostly' western society has become. The sheer wanting of a lack of control in a highly orchestrated and controlled (mostly by one-selves) environment of work, worries, suffering. I can understand some people just wanting to let go and 'hope for the best' while they let go because they are frustrated, disillusioned with life, etc. , which would be fine and dandy if many or most of these people wouldn't need a higher 'moral' authority to validate their feelings and believes.

Apocalypse Now? Exploring the End Myths

Updated: Tuesday, 10 May 2011, 10:38 AM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 10 May 2011, 9:34 AM CDTby Tom Lyden / FOX 9 News / Web Production by Leif Knutson

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - A growing number of people are worried that life on earth may come to an end -- much sooner than later. Some even predicting the apocalypse could happen in just a couple of weeks. So what's behind all the hype? FOX 9's Tom Lyden is here to separate fact from fiction, and find out if this is something we should really lose sleep over.

Back