• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

End of the World..breaking news

Free episodes:

I would hold on to any stores one might have collected I'm sure there will be no shortage of scares.
and a. a. milne had us pegged perfectly.

I prefer Yeats over Winnie the Poo:

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
THE SECOND COMING
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

I think that's the most perfect apocalyptic poem there is.

I would hold on to any stores one might have collected I'm sure there will be no shortage of scares.
and a. a. milne had us pegged perfectly.

It is a good idea to have a bulk store at home, i agree.

There are any number of real scenarios like a general petrol strike that make it worth having more than a weeks worth of supplies at hand.

At the appointed time, i cranked up the amps opened all the windows and played this

I have it on good authority several of the neighbours kids started crying...........

I'm a Baaaaad man :D

Nice choice as there are so many silly end of the world YouTube videos that start with "Proof The World Will End" out there that use this

Hi there survivors!

I found this elsewhere on the web. Seems to pretty well hit all the nails on the head I'd say...

"Here's what really, REALLY annoys me about conspiracy nuts - they simply WILL NOT give us the satisfaction of appearing in public after one of their witless predictions goes tits-up to allow us to point and laugh openly. Aliens didn't land during the Olympic closing ceremony. There wasn't a huge 'false flag' terrorist attack on London 2012. The world hasn't ended because a new cycle of the Mayan calendar started. After wasting so many people's time and effort, at least take the shame."

So there :p

Ian

Looks like the Ashtar Command stepped in and saved the Earth.
Let's celebrate with a nice little Christmas tune!

The end of the world ha?

This is how it will end, humans are insignificant really.

So when people say it is the end of the world what they are really saying is "this is the end of human civilization", now this could happen at anytime but I doubt we will see this happen anytime soon.
Further more, if and when our current civilization turns toes up this dose not mean that humanity if finished for it could simply be the end of one way of living and the start of some thing new.

An end is always a beginning, and a beginning is always an end, the universe will keep moving with or without us which makes us both insignificant and extremely precious all at the same time.

The end of the world ha?

This is how it will end, humans are insignificant really.

So when people say it is the end of the world what they are really saying is "this is the end of human civilization", now this could happen at anytime but I doubt we will see this happen anytime soon.
Further more, if and when our current civilization turns toes up this dose not mean that humanity if finished for it could simply be the end of one way of living and the start of some thing new.

An end is always a beginning, and a beginning is always an end, the universe will keep moving with or without us which makes us both insignificant and extremely precious all at the same time.

Since the universes' existence is dependant on a consciousness observing and interacting with it.....when all humans die off, will the universe cease to exist?

If a tree falls and there's no one to hear it, etc etc kind of argument.

I remember a few years ago listening to 'The Kevin Smith Show' and he was always talking about having a 21/12/12 (yes UK way of writing it) party on a beach in Thailand. His thinking being that he has a lovely family there, it's beatiful and warm and what better place to see in the end of the world...etc

Well, I haven't listened to his show in ages - I guess I got annoyed with the free passes. I am quite sure that the Paracast has the correct level of skepticism for me and I get annoyed with most other shows unless they are upfront about not being totally serious.

The point of the post was, if I'd ended up on a beach in Thailand I probably would not be as disappointed - I'd be wanting that party to continue.

So what's the new End of the world date? It seems as though Macho Man Randy Savage keeps saving our asses up there!

I propose November 21. Assuming Comet ISON meets expectations, it surely would be hiding Niburu, creating galactic alignments causing massive earthquakes, heralding the solar killshot, or generally acting as a harbinger of doom. And the 21st is as good of a date as any.

I posted this in the officially funny thread but I think it fits here as well.

Everyone knew how it would play out.
Some chemical spill maybe, or biotechnology gone wrong
Maybe even your good old fashioned curse.
However it started, and regardless of what got the zombie snowball rolling, everyone knew how it would play out.
First there would be the epidemic.
Millions upon millions of innocent lives would become transformed by the infectious bite of affected friends, loved ones, and by the end complete strangers as 95% of the world population succumbs to the outbreak.
Next, amidst the undead terror a new human civilization would rise.
Maybe a military dictatorship or some egalitarian utopia, but regardless like a phoenix from the post-apocalyptic ashes humanity would rise again to claim its birthright.
Finally, and most important of all, the zombie population would wane like a fading sunset, leaving naught but fields of destruction and a lesson well learned.

BUT!

Everyone knew this canon which had been imprinted upon them since the early works of Romero and Fulici.
Fiction became fact in a world that believed it was on the cusp of a gory battle for survival. It was so possible that everyone knew it had to be true.
But everyone was wrong.
Not about the overall picture mind you, but rather in the details.
You see the zombie apocalypse did in fact come true, and it did in fact come in three stages, but it came much sooner than expected and much less conspicuously.
First there was the epidemic.
Millions upon millions of average people became subdued by the apathy encompassing their lives.
Friends who were not friends and loved ones who were in fact complete strangers dominated the psyche of each individual, in the end suppressing up to 95% of the identity in all but the most reclusive and critical members of the human population.
Next amidst the living agony a doctrine would become solidified: to fight is to surrender, to submit is to succeed.
And so human civilization remained in complacent slavery to its own norms, slowly crumbling into ashes as the planet burned around it.
Finally and most important of all, the zombie population suffocated in its own ignorance, blind to the fields of destruction left in its wake. No lesson learned, as no one was left to learn it.
All that remained of humanity were the dusty bunkers and shelters stocked with unused ammunition, waiting for the apocalypse that had already come and passed.

Back