• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ed Dames remote views Fossett's crash site

Yeah, but then I'd be just like THEM. Why would I want to do that? I'd sooner throw myself under a bus, than lie to people about seeing imaginary stuff pretending it was true.

They have a name for people who write books about imaginary things, they're called Novelists. At least they don't pretend their writings are real.

No, I'm not a liar, Tommy. We just seem to disagree on what the word "psychic" might entail. Glimmers of intuition, in my book at least, might be called a psychic experience. You call it luck, fine.

You seem very angry and/or bitter about either our decision to believe in spite of your abject denial or in your disappointment that you can't believe. Just guessing, but if you feel so strongly, something's out of balance. They're just thoughts and ideas. Lighten up.

Actually Poi, you are a liar. You took what I wrote, cherrypicked it, and then twisted it around, which is exactly what a liar does, when they are losing an argument.

I love how you then toss in that I'm some how out of balance because I'm not a delusional true believer like yourself.

I exude more sanity than you will ever hope to know in a thousand lifetimes, because unlike you I'm a clear thinker. Angry that someone sold me a bag of shit and tried to call it shinola? Nah, I've spent money on engagement rings that I never got back, and I'm not bitter about those either. Finding out the truth about something is never bitter, if anything it is the ultimate in freedom. Once you free your mind of the lunacy, you start to realize that not everything is paranormal.

Bitter, Angry, Unbalanced, these are the same words used by countless other liars who use them to discredit someone who's winning an argument, or who have caught them splitting hairs and being dishonest. You're a liar, PERIOD.

"Tommy Allison"
"I was one of the many duped masses who bought Dhames little psychic program."

I agree with Poi. Your first and last mistake was to buy into a course designed by Ed Dames without even researching who he is or what his credentials in the remote viewing are.
If you had you would have found out that he is the last person you would want to learn anything from.
And now because you stuffed up we are supposed to believe that ALL Remote viewing programs and all Remote viewers are charlatans.
Serve you right for not doing your homework.
Ed Dames has been labelled a fake and a miscreant in that field for many years, almost as soon as he emerged on the scene and now your lashing out at everyone because of it.
Who cares if you "... have had many instances of deja vu, fortuitous chance, and even some glimmers of intuition, and NONE OF IT, and I mean NONE OF IT, is psychic ability." That doesn't mean that remote viewing or any psychic ability and anyone who claims to have it are fakes, it's just your opinion!
You made a very poor choice and have never gotten over it.

Baloney, Tommy. Calling people liars, the ones who disagree with you is a bitter, angry response. Your calling it something else is silly. It's also the argument people fall back on when they have no rational leg to stand on.

You blame Ed Dames, and everyone else it would seem, for your own failure of discernment. Does it make you feel safer to believe in a black-and-white-or-nothing world? If so, consider your burning need to inform and transform everyone to your point of view. It doesn't add up unless you are very, very angry and/or disappointed. Initially, I'd probably feel the same way.

I'm sorry you fooled yourself about him. I didn't allow myself to fall prey to his ilk, but you did and you're going to have to live with it. Calling people liars isn't exactly helpful in that regard, but hey, you have a lot to get over, mostly yourself.

That said, if Ed Dames is a speaker at the upcoming conference, it's a darn shame. I guess the organizers will allow anyone on the dais. Could be a good platform for you to protest, Tommy. In that, you'd have my back.

Poi is using yet another fallacious argument, hilarious.

Back in the early 90's, I was very open to the possibilities that psychic phenomena exist. Now that I'm older, I have had the benefit of experiencing a lot of people passing themselves off as legitimate. I wasn't fooled by anything, because for starters I knew that if it didn't work, it would at least be funny to have on my book shelf. You need to understand that I don't get upset about money. What I get mad about is idiocy, and those who perpetuate it.

I'm not angry in the least about having thrown money away on something as ridiculous as a correspondence course in remote viewing. If that made me mad, then you'd think I'd be even angrier about having to pay my cable bill. Sorry, I'm not that kind of person at all. You're deliberately trying to discredit me by bringing in emotions that don't apply to me. Again, you did indeed use my words, you twisted them around, and lied. You're a liar, and just because you don't like the truth tossed back at you, you're continuing this idiocy.

It's not just Ed Dhames who's a fake, it's ALL of them. Anyone who claims they can see the future, find things with their minds, talk to the dead, it's all fake. Even the people who claim that they've helped law enforcement are frauds. People just get lucky from time to time, and it's amazing how people simply cannot get past the notion that nobody is any more psychic than someone else.

Everyone has experiences where their subconscious sends them a message. That is it. It's not psychic ability, it's your own mind figuring out something that your conscious mind can't. Just like how remote viewing, if it were real, should have given us Osama Bin Laden, the ark of the covenant, Noah's Ark, Bigfoot, Nessie, Elvis Presley, you name it. Instead... BUNKO. NOTHING.

It's all fakery. Between Ed Dhames, aaron Donahue, and a host of other frauds, I still don't know why people buy into this crap.

The Pair of Cats said:
"Tommy Allison"
"I was one of the many duped masses who bought Dhames little psychic program."

I agree with Poi. Your first and last mistake was to buy into a course designed by Ed Dames without even researching who he is or what his credentials in the remote viewing are.
If you had you would have found out that he is the last person you would want to learn anything from.
And now because you stuffed up we are supposed to believe that ALL Remote viewing programs and all Remote viewers are charlatans.
Serve you right for not doing your homework.
Ed Dames has been labelled a fake and a miscreant in that field for many years, almost as soon as he emerged on the scene and now your lashing out at everyone because of it.
Who cares if you "... have had many instances of deja vu, fortuitous chance, and even some glimmers of intuition, and NONE OF IT, and I mean NONE OF IT, is psychic ability." That doesn't mean that remote viewing or any psychic ability and anyone who claims to have it are fakes, it's just your opinion!
You made a very poor choice and have never gotten over it.

Actually, I am way over it. What irritates me is how people keep perpetuating the lie that this crap even exists. It doesn't. NOT ONE person has collected on James Randi's challenge, and the guy who actually beat it, was a cryptographer who told James, he wasn't psychic.

Decades of this crap have gone by, and nobody has stood up and said to this guy, or any one of the other liars who proclaims they have powers PROVE IT. They then say, well, I'm having an off day, or... I can't work under pressure.

It's all bunko, BS, and Nonsense. If you had special powers, I'd be calling you out to prove it as well.

LOL

Still not lying! You just finally changed your angry tone, except for the intended dagger of the lie.

You didn't change any minds however, so you'll have to live with that too. Hope you can find some peace with it, if nothing else. That's really all we have left when people disagree.

Yes you are.

I really don't care if I change anyone's mind. People are free to believe whatever fantasies they choose to. Angry tone? You're not as perceptive as you think. Maybe you should buy a correspondence course in remote viewing... Oh wait... Like that would work anyway.

This has been a most interesting exercise in debating someone who is completely delusional, and intellectually dishonest. Thanks for playing Poi.

Tommy Allison said:
Actually, I am way over it. What irritates me is how people keep perpetuating the lie that this crap even exists. It doesn't. NOT ONE person has collected on James Randi's challenge, and the guy who actually beat it, was a cryptographer who told James, he wasn't psychic.

Decades of this crap have gone by, and nobody has stood up and said to this guy, or any one of the other liars who proclaims they have powers PROVE IT. They then say, well, I'm having an off day, or... I can't work under pressure.

It's all bunko, BS, and Nonsense. If you had special powers, I'd be calling you out to prove it as well.

First of all, James Randi is running an enterprise, nothing more. He actually has no interest in finding out whether psychic abilities are valid, his interest is in protecting his enterprise.

Anyone who believes that the entire potential of the human mind is being utilized right now thinks WAY too highly of our culture.

A story: 1000 years ago a certain bizarre musical instrument vanished from the earth. Recently one was dug up in Mesopotamia. No one was able to play it and in fact, no one even recognized that it was a musical instrument. So perhaps it was never an instrument and people never played it at all. Because of course if modern man, the absolute pinnacle of human development cannot do it then it must not exist.

Just something to consider.

I other words, Tommy, because YOU have not one iota of psychic ability, then psychic ability does not exist?
You don't even know what the word psychic means! What do think your unconscious mind talking to your conscious mind is, anyway? What do you think intuition is?
I suppose i would be bitter, too, if i took a forensic science course expecting to get a job out of it and didn't, then moaning that i was ripped off because the person running the course promised me that i would get a job.
Because James Randi, who is trained as a liar, illusionist, a deceiver of masses (as what magicians are) says that there is no such thing as psychic ability, he is more believable than anyone else?
Whenever a magician chimes into a psychic debate i have to laugh as they are just protecting their own interests because if someone proves psychic ability is true then they are out of business. Who cares if no-one has beaten his challenge he would never admit it was beaten if it came to that, anyway.

Randi is well known for trying to debunk quantum experimental results too. If he gets the proper results, he simply changes the protocols to disprove the science. He's quite deceptive which is why no one will ever win his million. He fixes the game in order to support his business, just like ... uh oh, Ed Dames.

I don't think anyone posting on this thread would disagree that Ed Dames is full of shite and to be totally ignored. There seems to be only one person, however who was silly enough to purchase a correspondence course in remote viewing from him and then cry foul about it.

Tony2013. There are many persons out there offering tuition in remote viewing. Take the time to research the area and those in it before you make any plans to attempt any of it. :)

The Pair of Cats said:
I other words, Tommy, because YOU have not one iota of psychic ability, then psychic ability does not exist?
You don't even know what the word psychic means! What do think your unconscious mind talking to your conscious mind is, anyway? What do you think intuition is?
I suppose i would be bitter, too, if i took a forensic science course expecting to get a job out of it and didn't, then moaning that i was ripped off because the person running the course promised me that i would get a job.
Because James Randi, who is trained as a liar, illusionist, a deceiver of masses (as what magicians are) says that there is no such thing as psychic ability, he is more believable than anyone else?
Whenever a magician chimes into a psychic debate i have to laugh as they are just protecting their own interests because if someone proves psychic ability is true then they are out of business. Who cares if no-one has beaten his challenge he would never admit it was beaten if it came to that, anyway.

God... What is it with you liars? Bitter? You are such a joke. try looking in the mirror for someone who's bitter.

I know exactly what being "psychic" means. I'd like to think I paid enough for my education to know what the word means, along with what it entails. Splitting hairs is something that losers do in order to try to win an argument. I'm a self employed artist, who's never bitched to anyone about a lack of employment, so that's another lie you're telling.

Being so intellectually dishonest must be one of those recurring themes with people who are delusional about what they think they know. Harry Houdini worked his remaining years to debunk the lies of so called spirit mediums. This is no different.

Do you think I'm stupid or something? You're just another twister of the truth, and yet another liar. You do not know me, and if you did you would certainly have a different take on what I've posted. Everyone has that turn of chance where a set of circumstances comes together, and if you think that it's psychic ability that makes it happen, then keep believing what you want to believe.

Know any psychics? Let's get them tested. More importantly, test them against ME, and let's see how they do. Why don't you watch Darren Brown's Mind Control, and see how he pulls his psychic stuff, and see if that doesn't make you think a bit.

It's pathetic how you argue. You desperately try to inject emotion into things in order to portray me as being angry, bitter, or whatever to suit your own agenda. Unfortunately, you're a liar, and intellectually dishonest.

It's unfortunate that this site has so many people willing to lie to win an argument.

I've stated that I would be happy to be tested versus ANY psychics to prove a point. Nobody is more psychic than anyone else. Don't believe me, do some testing, and see what it gets you. While you're at it, seek some counseling for that dishonesty problem you have.

Poi said:
Randi is well known for trying to debunk quantum experimental results too. If he gets the proper results, he simply changes the protocols to disprove the science. He's quite deceptive which is why no one will ever win his million. He fixes the game in order to support his business, just like ... uh oh, Ed Dames.

Randi changed the rules, because a guy who has NO psychic powers actually won his challenge. The guy was a cryptographer. After he beat the test, he told Randi he wasn't a psychic at all. That is why James Randi changed the rules, and it certainly wasn't to be deceptive.

BrandonD said:
Tommy Allison said:

First of all, James Randi is running an enterprise, nothing more. He actually has no interest in finding out whether psychic abilities are valid, his interest is in protecting his enterprise.

Anyone who believes that the entire potential of the human mind is being utilized right now thinks WAY too highly of our culture.

A story: 1000 years ago a certain bizarre musical instrument vanished from the earth. Recently one was dug up in Mesopotamia. No one was able to play it and in fact, no one even recognized that it was a musical instrument. So perhaps it was never an instrument and people never played it at all. Because of course if modern man, the absolute pinnacle of human development cannot do it then it must not exist.

Just something to consider.

I have no doubt that our potential is untapped, what I do doubt is that there's anyone out there who is any more advanced than anyone else in this regard. Change does not come quickly. Give it another 100 years or so, and we might see some small advances in the human mind, but I'm not holding my breath.

If you know someone who's psychic, test them. It's pretty simple. Do the Zener card thing. Lay them out on a table, then tell your friend to remote view them. If they can't give you the proper order, then that means they're not psychic. IF they do get it right, then simply do the experiment 3 more times, with the cards in different orders.

Then after you've done it enough times, with the double blind thing, 100 should suffice, look at the percentage of accuracy. Then compare that to what is considered random, versus what is called a hit, and you should have a pretty good idea that more often than not people are simply not imbued with that ability.

Back