• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker Show

Free versions of recent episodes:

CinderMoltenHowl

Skilled Investigator
Interesting show this one.

Blunt is about right - he has a large knowledge of the subject however. I can see why from his perspective he gave up research on the topic, but clearly he still enjoys or has a keen interest in the subject.

I'm glad Don was on:) Much needed attitude imo in terms of ufology. No, you don't have to agree with him, but I like how he deals with shit.

Just finished. Great interview as expected.

What I find extremely fascinating to come out of the interview for me is that George Knapp told Don that he has been getting whistle blowers about exotic non-human tech at Area 51 BEFORE Lazar.

I actually think I knew that and forgot it, but its one of those things that reignites my interest somewhat.

Heres my fav UFO vid again because its kinda appropriate.

UFO - NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE - NEVADA TEST SITE - MAY 30, 1995 - (HIGH-QUALITY)

Star Trek indeed.

It was good to hear Don Ecker's views. He needs at least four hours to talk about all the characters he has met over the years. If only there were more people like him in the field. It is too bad he has burnt out on all the nonsense. One thing he mentioned that struck me was at the end of the program. Don said he had heard stories of battles taking place in space. I would have loved to hear more about that. Unfortunately time had run out.

The William Cooper thing confirmed a lot of stuff i heard about him, that was very informative. He did do some good ranting about the government though.

I thought Gene's brylcream joke was funny, and the other 2 gentlemen tripping over it made it even funnier. I love dry humor.

We need more of this unmasking the masked from first hand experiences, great stuff.

He needs at least four hours

Agreed. A no nonsense fellow such as this who has spent such considerable time looking into "this thing" definitely needs more time. Actually, I would enjoy hearing him just going through cases he's studied without the character talk. We could consider *this* episode to have covered that, and the next (with him) to stick strictly to the cases.

To be honest, I think the character talk is sorta getting worn out a bit as well. I think most of the baddies have been covered now, so to my mind it's time to get back to a focus on cases.

Good morning all. After my interview aired last evening with Gene and David I thought many of you might have additional questions. If you go to my Dark Matters Radio blog and read the latest entry, you would find this link to my "goodbye" paper I wrote when I left research. If not you may not be aware of it so I wanted to leave a link in case any of you are interested. It is a 54 page PDF file and will answer many questions you may have since we only had a limited time on the show.

20 Years in the UFO Fog
20 YEARS IN THE UFO FOG

Decker

It's refreshing to listen to a guy like Don, straight up stuff.

Too bad the circus atmosphere drove him out of active research, the subject needs more folks like him.

I went ahead and deleted a couple my silly posts, as to not clutter up this thread that might become a question and answer thread for Don etc.

Deja vu. I had forgotten about ParaNet. I was a member of that and FidoNet with my BBS called Quicksilver. I actually still have the 'Hardcard 105MB disk' with the software on it. Of course, it won't work on any modern bus system today. Of course, the advent of the Internet killed the BBS scene. Thanks for the memory.

Deja vu. I had forgotten about ParaNet. I was a member of that and FidoNet with my BBS called Quicksilver. I actually still have the 'Hardcard 105MB disk' with the software on it. Of course, it won't work on any modern bus system today. Of course, the advent of the Internet killed the BBS scene. Thanks for the memory.

I visited a usenet group years ago called alt.paranet. Related? Or is usenet what BBS turned into? I didn't have a computer back in the BBS days I gather.

I visited a usenet group years ago called alt.paranet. Related? Or is usenet what BBS turned into? I didn't have a computer back in the BBS days I gather.
I believe it was the usenet clone. Back in the days Usenet was the Internet equivalent to BBS threads, i.e.: There was a crude interface between the two types of systems that allowed cross-posting to take place. This was in the days before the web when everything was text-based. Lots of FidoNet threads were also on Usenet. Usenet was (and is, to some extent) it's own system that tried to accommodate the BBS systems as best they could. BBS systems (One guy and one phone line and a modem at home in the spare bedroom) have largely disappeared and their role has been taken over by forums such as this.

I *really did* enjoy the talk of the old BBS stuff... it was really cool to just sorta picture those guys communicating that way, and swapping docs and stuff.

On the character talk, one thing caught my attention that I was kind of hoping David would address during the show... Mr. Ecker had mentioned Kevin Randall as being one of the folks he thought did some good research, but I was somehow thinking I had seen Mr. Randall getting called out in the past. I personally do not know anything about him other than the Roswell book that I read (don't recall the title, but it was a very recent release that he co authored with Don Schmidt I believe the guy's name was). If my memory tingle is serving right, it seems he was accused of getting "confessions" from Roswellian old timers under less than awesome circumstances?

It really sucks for stuff like this to be going on, because it sorta renders the entire book I read pretty useless in my making any sort of determination in what I think might have happened. This convolution makes things very difficult... how *nice* it would be if everyone was straight up enough that we could take stories at face value.

Oh yes, and the thing regarding Teller's comment of "I would say nothing"... pretty dang interesting! I have had a hard time with what to think of Bob's stories, and that makes it a good bit harder... what a stinkin damn tangle this whole thing really is.

I *really did* enjoy the talk of the old BBS stuff... it was really cool to just sorta picture those guys communicating that way, and swapping docs and stuff.

I get the impression you think it was kind of like smoke signals! :) At the time I thought I was involved in very advanced high-tech stuff and all us FidoNet Sysops thought we were the smartest guys in MS-DOS-land because of how we could manipulate autoexec.bat files like it was a programming languages. I was dragged kicking and screaming into the GUI world and I didn't like it one bit. Of course, if I want to go backwards, there's always Linux. :D

I get the impression you think it was kind of like smoke signals!

No no, I find it very technically impressive, and *deeply*, *wonderfully* nerdy! Had I been "around" during that era I would have certainly been involved, and had a similar feeling of superiority to the outside BBS world!

One of the most awesome things about that whole "scene" to me, is that it required folks with both;

- an exceptionally strong will to communicate and swap ideas.
- an exceptionally strong will to technically facilitate and carry out said communication.

I've only listened to half the show so far but I have really liked it thus far. Mr. Ecker is clearly a man of integrity. I wanted to hear more about the giant object from the Russian/ NASA Mars probe.
I'd love to hear Don Ecker back on the show again.
Bravo,
Fahrusha:)

Back