• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker and the Paracast discussed......

Steve-C.

Paranormal Maven
I listen to many different Podcasts on I Tunes and The latest Podcast (sept. 7th) of "Future Theater" hosted by Bill and Nancy Birnes featured discussions about UFO Magazine and what happened between Bill and Don to cause the split and they also discussed "the Paracast". I won't put my own spin on this but I would suggest everybody listen to this (Gene & Don) to hear how (Bill and Nancy) feel about matters previously discussed here on the Paracast.

I listen to many different Podcasts on I Tunes and The latest Podcast (sept. 7th) of "Future Theater" hosted by Bill and Nancy Birnes featured discussions about UFO Magazine and what happened between Bill and Don to cause the split and they also discussed "the Paracast". I won't put my own spin on this but I would suggest everybody listen to this (Gene & Don) to hear how (Bill and Nancy) feel about matters previously discussed here on the Paracast.

Let me say this ... I listened to that "show", and at this point all I will say is Bullshit! Divide everything he and she said then subtract 98 percent of it and you still ain't that close. I am here. If you got a question, ask me. I will tell you what the split was all about. And Pal, let me also say this ... if they are trying to backbite me then they ain't backbiting you.

Decker

Don, when you call someone Pal I know you are mad (GULP). I wasn't trying to make you mad I was just trying to tell you about what they were saying concerning you and the paracast. As far as what happened between the two of you, it's none of my business. I'm sure it's personal.

Last edited:
I removed the link. After listening to the show I felt it proper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the link. After listening to the show I felt it proper.
Yikes! It would seem listening to their banter on the show that the Birnes don't get out much anymore. Just my opinion: The show was a fascinating look at what appears to be a co-dependent but functioning, dysfunctional relationship. :) Kool-aid sipp'in sidekick Alfred Lehmberg is also real piece of work... He dissed the Paracast in a rather offhand manner, btw.

a1_Alfred_with_3.jpg

There was a lot of ranting, raving and interrupting going on. Impossible to follow any potential logic or rationale about any of the subjects covered... If they were the hosts of the program, perhaps they should think about holding on to their day jobs—if they have any.

All I wanted to do is point out to Gene, Chris and Don what another show was saying about them behind their backs. Go Dark Matters & The Paracast!!

This why the Paracast and DarkMatters are the real deal where professional host and feedback from loyal listeners who don't bag other shows too much above that immature attitude some others display.

Col Corso was a great officer and MI9 operative who was in the same class with other well know high ranking officer from many nations which had a network well after WW2.

Its easy to quantify. Bill and Nancy are crack alley, gutter dwelling, sewer spewing hack journalists. Period. This is the same man that once declared an obviously mentally unstable kid was an alien-human hybrid. No science here. Bill could just "tell". Thats how he chose to try and "help" the kid. By further feeding his delusion for the sake of creating a buzz for his show. He sickens me to my core. Nancy enables his delirium by finding ways to give them a voice and interjecting here own flights of fantasy whenever possible. It's a sad and scary thing that they even have a fan base. How can you not just shake your head in complete disgust?

Its easy to quantify. Bill and Nancy are crack alley, gutter dwelling, sewer spewing hack journalists. Period. This is the same man that once declared an obviously mentally unstable kid was an alien-human hybrid. No science here. Bill could just "tell". Thats how he chose to try and "help" the kid. By further feeding his delusion for the sake of creating a buzz for his show. He sickens me to my core. Nancy enables his delirium by finding ways to give them a voice and interjecting here own flights of fantasy whenever possible. It's a sad and scary thing that they even have a fan base. How can you not just shake your head in complete disgust?
I can't resist borrowing one of Chris' favorite lines: "So how bout telling us how you really feel?" I have to admit to being annoyed by Birnes on more than one occasion, so I want to click the like button on your post, but it's just so heavy man. Did you have a worse day than usual or have you actually seen them doing crack in an alley ... by the gutter ... while spewing sewage? I'm afraid to listen to the podcast now because I'm anticipating that some kind of green sludge will come spraying out of my speakers.

Last edited:
I have pretty much kept my piece on this ugly little incident. Believe me that there is much I could say about the Birnes. If I did what would that accomplish? It is no secret that they can not stand me and the feeling is mutual. I saw them take my wife's "baby" and that which fed her passion ... and run it into the dirt. I was not quite so "forward" with Bill but we had minor clashes over the way he was trying to head the magazine. One incident that quickly comes to my mind was an issue of UFO that featured Cliff Stone and his fantasy life as a super secret UFO "insider" and he derring do in Viet Nam. There is no other way to describe this tripe except "this was the most blatant bullshit", up to that time, that ever came outta UFO Magazine. I wrote a "counter article" explaining WHY THIS WAS TOTAL BULLSHIT. At that time the people who were behind the magazine, the people who bought it, couldn't tell a UFO from a pimple on their ass. I rather forcefully asked Birnes why this obvious bullshit was inserted into the magazine? His comeback was ... "I think everybody needs to have their say, then the readers can make up their own mind!" I went into orbit.

As far as Nancy Birnes, she has no more of an idea of what the entire UFO field is than a fly sitting on the Moon. She actually told my wife once during a magazine meeting that she was an awful editor. That really frosted me. Enough of this horse-shit. I will have my say in our book that we are currently writing. I know, just by listening to this so called radio program, they think I am going to unload on them. They have their little spies dropping by here to see what is being put up on the Paracast. Well, let em' report back with this note. In my opinion, which as everyone knows ... is like an ass, everybody has one, they are simply venal and vindictive ... and I almost shit when Birnes said they had 14, 000 subscribers. In his dreams. They have not published a magazine in a year and a half ... and forget that horseshit FREE copy. There are people that sent them money for a subscription over a year ago and the Birnes have not even written them back after the subscribers repeated attempts to find out what in hell is going on. AND ... then some time ago Nancy had the nerve to put a post up on their website that told everyone "she took time off to write a novel!" Actually I am rather surprised that some of these subscribers have not taken them to small claims court.

Well, that is it for now. In the scheme of things this little rant and tirade does not even register as a fart in a wind storm. They had a wonderful publication and they simply left it to rot. More is the shame.

Decker

Back