• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Do you believe that Grey Aliens Exist?

Do you believe that Grey Aliens Exist?

• Total voters
The question still begs, after almost 70 yrs- what did happen at the Roswell site? It took the Air Force 50 yrs to toss out the project mogul thing. Would such a project crashing to the ground cause the response we know that took place? Wouldn't said project have been monitored to such a degree that the powers behind it should have known when and generally where it went down? Are we to accept a high level military figure couldn't ID such an earthly project, no matter how secret it may have been? To have confused balsal wood and aluminum foil to that of a crashed disk? Sometimes I wonder if the first report WAS the actual truth. Other times I'm not so sure.

Nick Redfern made interesting points about Roswell on the last episode: the mogul balloon was the Air Force not knowing itself what had happened, but felt compelled to come up with something, and perhaps more compelling, that the records from the base disappeared for the years surrounding the incident. So something did happen that needed to be hidden. Perhaps it was so embarrassing i.e. loss of military life in an experiment, or so extraordinary that it was something that needed to be locked up and then forgotten. Right now it's pure mythology, and the dream team may as well go looking for the holy grail while they're at it as the odds are even for both.

Nick Redfern made interesting points about Roswell on the last episode: the mogul balloon was the Air Force not knowing itself what had happened, but felt compelled to come up with something, and perhaps more compelling, that the records from the base disappeared for the years surrounding the incident. So something did happen that needed to be hidden. Perhaps it was so embarrassing i.e. loss of military life in an experiment, or so extraordinary that it was something that needed to be locked up and then forgotten. Right now it's pure mythology, and the dream team may as well go looking for the holy grail while they're at it as the odds are even for both.

More can be explained by human nature and ineptitude than any snazzy complex and all shiny alien theory - requiring more savvy and sophistication than existed at a time just shy by a few decades of the horse and buggy. How these things grow like topsy is the mystery that is not really a mystery. It's how the human mind works imo.

I am sorry to be complicated but for me it depends what you mean by "exist".

Do I believe that people see "greys" and are telling the "truth" when they recount their "abduction" experiences. Yes 100%

You may have beat me to it. However, I can't quite wrap my head around the mis-identification of Papaer Clip scientists as alien life forms. I met one of these guys years ago, and he came across more like somebody's jolly uncle than anything else.

What does intrigue me about Roswell is the possibility that what people saw and perceived as alien life forms might have been specimens of early genetic engineering passed from Nazi to American hands post WWII. The embarrassment for this alone might account for extreme measures taken to hide whatever happened there in 1947. Including the press release of capturing a flying saucer, a move that smacks more of a red herring than a mistake.

Last edited:
I have another theory on the "flying saucer" and its "occupants" allegedly recovered at Roswell. it will take some effort to do it justice so please bare with me because I type slowly.
I will post it in this thread asap

Greys are attractive character design. I really like looking at them, even though they are completely unsettling, when given the right set of features. There is a lot of talk about psychology, face recognition and biological directors for infant care that can be discussed for what makes the grey design so compelling, but I don't feel like doing any of it.

Aesthetically, I'd place them along side Nintendo's Mario and Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as some of the most successful character/graphic design in modern history. This, however, only applies to the most modern version of the grey from the last thirty years. Earlier incarnations were missing a lot of what makes the model intriguing. Like Mario and the Ninja Turtles, the grey design is simple enough in form to allow for exploration in variation, yet specific enough in concept that any and all variations on the form are immediately recognizable.

The current aesthetic of the grey is so visually and emotionally effective that it stopped the majority of alien character design in our culture in its tracks. Before the concept of the grey was introduced, we were treated to all forms of green goblin and robotic terror. Following the first documented instances of the use of the grey aesthetic, the majority of all art, and even UFO case, that has anything to do with aliens or spacecraft utilizes some variant of the grey form.

Greys are a favorite of mine in the area of character, and even graphic, design. So much so that, like Mario and the Turtles, I have to avoid constantly pulling from the form when constructing my own designs. I'm a big fan of the Grey alien aesthetic and I think it will prevail into future generations, just as the other two designs mentioned have.

Personally I am very much open to the concept of 'grey aliens'. Although, as Starise said, not necessarily as beings from another planet. Also, I believe there may be variants of the grey alien, different ethnicities/species, if you will.

Personally I am very much open to the concept of 'grey aliens'. Although, as Starise said, not necessarily as beings from another planet. Also, I believe there may be variants of the grey alien, different ethnicities/species, if you will.
I'm curious to know what it is about witness stories that give rise to how we think about them. If they are only a concept, would they come with ethnic variants, vs. just different shapes and sizes? I wonder if the more we talk about their supposed validity the more we call them into being like a thought tulpa to respond to our collective nightmares about both psychological and real physical traumas that we can not address for many reasons.

I once worked with a woman who had invented this whole other nebulous mysterious man that lived in her house as a means of coping with her father who sexually abused her. So many abduction folk are also victims of childhood trauma and this leads me to wonder.

Last edited:
See this link, search for the National Enquirer story.
Junkfood Science: A surprising link between UFOs and acupuncture

The way I understand it, Dr. Niemtzow conducted a study as part of Project VISIT suggesting the grey prototype based on an amalgamation of reports. Paul Bennewitz probably saw this report or its coverage in the National Enquirer, and he is the one that started discussing aliens specifically using the term "greys".

An interesting aside: Carroll Wayne Watts was the first to report little humanoid aliens- greys as we know them back in 1967. Trouble is- the story was a hoax.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Google News Archive Search

Last edited:
I'm curious to know what it is about witness stories that give rise to how we think about them. If they are only a concept, would they come with ethnic variants, vs. just different shapes and sizes?

They seem to be a predominantly western conceptualization. Obviously, there are various cultures and ethnicities that make up the west, but for the most part, the concept of the grey seems strongest amongst middle aged white people in the US and Britains. In Mexico, Central America and South America, geographically but not stereotypically "western," where UFO's are popular, stories involving alien encounters seem to be rare; however, most associations made between UFO's and creatures appear to deal more with cryptozoological forms. In those cases, creatures like the Chupacabra are the stand-in for the Grey character. The most popular rendered form of the Chupacabra closely resembles a Grey, but with horns, green scales and sharp claws.

The interesting thing about the Chupacabra "Grey" is the fact that, traditionally, reptiles and serpents play a big role in folklore of those locations. It seems as though they took the clean, aesthetically pleasing physical design of the grey and added to it aesthetic concepts that adapted it to their traditions and lore. It's even more interesting to think about when you consider that, in "practice," a Chupacabra can look like almost anything.

In other cultures, where the concept of the Grey has been assimilated, variations and adaptations to the form that reflect the culture and folklore of local tradition are generally common.

The commonly reported head to neck size ratio has always seemed morphologically unsound. In conventional biological terms--the long slender neck is just not mechanically capable of supporting so large a head. Unless the greys are of aquatic origin, or a blend of animal and machine or just plain robotic. But I still prefer to think of them as human archetypes manifested by forces still unseen.

nice point, i do have to wonder what conditions would have to be in place for a race(?) to evolve(?) so that this condition was the norm. either the Grey's like to graze from tall trees or marfan's syndrome is endemic to their race.

Can someone please give me a rundown on Whitley Strieber. I only recently heard a couple of interviews of him & I would like to know if if people here think this guy has any credibility. Does he have a chequered past? Do you believe he believes what he saw or did he make it all up to sell his communion book? What about the other witnesses that came forward claiming that they also had experiences at Whitney's cabin? Like I said I know really little about this guy, any info would be appreciated.

I should clarify that I don't think he is crazy, but he doesn't care to spin some crazy yarns.

Whitley Strieber, J.C. Johnson, and Brad Steiger are my favourite paranormal "storytellers," be it fiction or non.

Last edited:
Walken's identity shoud be in question. If there's a human on earth most likely to be an alien masquerading as human it's definitely Christopher Walken. He constantly has this hollow, haunted look in his eyes like he's experiencing a different reality altogether, all the time, like David Bowie in The Man Who Fell To Earth.

Strieber, on the other hand, like all contactees, fits the pattern of someone who may, or may not, have had an incredible experience, once. But as the storyteller continues to write new books for sale the storyteller soon descends into a fictionalized world of alien shamen visiting him in the middle of the night in his motel room to give him some kind of spiritual key to the universe. There was also the whole 'come and mediate cult of Whitley' thing that went on prior to his last book. His trajectory, like Greer's, and many other contactees, kind of throws the rest of his stange tales into questionable territory, nevermind the fact that as a horror author he is best poised to spin a rather convincing sci-fi tale of surreal alien contact.

Back