• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DMR Webpage & Dr. John Alexander

Don, Rich,

I just finished listening to your Friday show discussing among other things John Alexander's latest appearance on DMR. A great discussion as always.

I have a couple of theories about what is actually happening with Dr. Alexander based on what is said and not said in his book. I've loaned the damn thing out and can't quote chapter and verse now but those familiar with it will recognize what I'm getting at I hope.

In the beginning of the book where he talks about the various ins and outs of getting in front of people and quizzing them about UFOs he presents an interesting fact. If you are asking about classified subjects one method of shutting you up is to read you in to the level that will somewhat sate your interest while causing you to be bound by security oaths and regulations that effectively make it impossible to repeat anything you have learned.

I think the fact that he relates that early on in the book is significant when you combine it with the glaring absence of any mention whatsoever of the National Reconnaissance Office. If you were to look at the charters of federal agencies to determine who to ask about hard data and intelligence about Unidentified Flying Objects the NRO would be at the top of the list. In fact, as Don pointed out, the NRO and the NSA would both have to be involved in the handling of that type of information by their stated functions within the larger United States Intelligence apparatus.

It could very well be that John Alexander found what he was looking for, was read in to some degree and then placed under some legal restriction that prevented from even mentioning the NRO in his book. He could be right, the military may not view UFOs as part of their charter. If they cannot be dealt with by conventional military means (which seems the case) and otherwise pose no immediate threat or danger, UFOs could very well find themselves at the bottom of the budgetary list for them. It seems insane but Washington is nothing if stark raving mad about many things. The NRO and NSA however would have to by their stated functions and reasons for existing: monitor, report, and offer other intelligence about everything in space, in the atmosphere, and transversing the oceans to some arbitrating body regardless of budgetary constraints.

It seems to me it has to be something like that or Dr. A just doesn't get it as Ward reports Moore as postulating. Given his qualifications, credentials, and accomplishments I think it is a stretch to think he just doesn't get the spy game. I would say that he presents as much as he can in the book and gives his real genuine opinion that UFOs are not high on the list of concerns within the government simply because they don't have the money, time, or expertise to deal with it.

The next time you get him on Don, please quiz him about the whole being read in to shut him up possibility and ask him why he never mentions the NRO? Did he talk to anyone from the NRO?

Also here is something that absolutely baffles me. As Gordon Cooper's response in Out of the Blue illustrates, classified information is communicated on a need to know basis. Isn't it very possible that any number of things are simply lost in the need to know maze? How are these need to know lists coordinated? See what I'm getting at? If the President of the United States can be taken off a need to know list because of a security risk inside his staff and miss crucial intelligence in WWII, doesn't it say the system is fatally flawed? It begs the question, "Who is controlling the flow of information?" A set of regulations?

Rich, I could not make out what the fellow said in reply to question about just sitting in the cave. What did he say?

And for the goodness sake, please get that footage up somewhere we can see it! I have been dying to see the real missile footage for some time now.

Thanks guys for another great show! It is great to hear some new DMR.

Good observations TO. As for the flow of information, that really is the big question, and no amount of FOIA's are answering that elusive question.

About the Rich quote its something along the lines of "what makes you think i was doing nothing" (while in the cave meditating.) That's when Rich received that flood of insight, information call it what you will.

And yes i really do hope that with some of the material that Don and Vicki collected while creating and running UFO magazine they have many first or second generation video tapes with amazing material on them. That rocket launch/UFO beam has become a almost an urban legend at this point.

If you get a chance Trained Observer maybe Don and Rich will be on this friday and you can call them live and add your great insights into these cases ;)

If you get a chance Trained Observer maybe Don and Rich will be on this friday and you can call them live and add your great insights into these cases

I would love to, but I am such a creature of habit though that by the time they are on the air I am fast asleep. I have planned to stay up several times to call in and have never managed it.

I laughed out loud when you mentioned Kerry Cassidy.

There may be a third explanation along with the either-or kind of scenario we are postulating. What if the phenomenon has the ability to play the role of intensified trickster with the government to the point of rendering members at all levels totally incapable of more than confused head-shaking on an individual level ? For example, high level operatives might receive--or think they have received--orders to confiscate data, such as the Vandenburg film, only to find it missing on arrival, vanished from places of safekeeping etc. The list of possibilities is almost endless if the ufo is toying with individuals in high places as it always has with anyone else.

This might result in what we seem to see, scattered files of low value data and little or no decisive evidence (whether it once passed through members of government's hands or not), and an unspoken policy of treating the issue as toxic to their ability to govern.

This is just one more theory and yet another notch up on the strangeness meter. But the issue itself is unavoidably strange.

There may be a third explanation ... What if the phenomenon has the ability to play the role of intensified trickster with the government to the point of rendering members at all levels totally incapable of more than confused head-shaking on an individual level ? ...

It is a thought. For some time now, I have considered the possibility that human society has been infiltrated, for lack of a better word, by agents of whatever organization is behind some of the UFO phenomena. In this case by UFOs I mean the unidentified but apparently manufactured vehicles reported by radar and eye-witnesses for decades.

It is highly likely that devices with the incredible performance characteristics of UFOs are only manufactured, maintained, and used by organized groups. If so, it seems obvious that these devices would be engaged in some sort of organized activity on the Earth. If human society plays any part in that activity it seems we could expect attempts to manipulate human beings toward the realization of their goals. The penetration of human military, intelligence, and government agencies by intelligence operatives would seem a natural tactic for said organization to employ in any attempt to control our perception and any potential interference with their activities.

The control of the conversation, to borrow a phrase from bbridges, by agents of the organization behind some of the UFO activity may have us intentionally spinning on Roswell, thinking about bizarre Grey aliens or other aspects of the UFO mythos that seem to dominate almost any discussion of UFOs. What if the occupants of these things actually look just like you or me and can walk among us undetected?

Another possibility is as you suggest, maybe it is more influence than direct interference. Perhaps this organization has through technological means the ability to exact some strange influence over how UFOs are thought of and handled by human beings. Who can really say? This is just wild speculation of course.

I fear that the truth lies more in human incompetence, greed, and stubbornness than any outside influence though. I think things have just gotten so complex that we've lost the damn plot.

Loved it, you've got to hand it to Mr. Alexander, he doesn't back down one bit and there is that weird 'sense' that that man knows a lot more then he is telling. Great show, grabbed and listened to the friday night show with Richard and the Louis Jarvis show while I was at it. :)

I believe his right Alexander? I don't think there is this big interest in UFO's as we in this community thinks there is. Like i estimate two percent of UFO cases since 1945 are genuine unknowns, whats left are just distractions events. I've my doubts honestly a highly organised secretive agency would have been set up to monitor rare genuine UFO events mainly due to infrequency of these type of events. Honestly genuine UFO sightings, can't be predicted to any timetable created, so who in this shadowy government would waste their resources like that on something they can't immediately investigate and possibly prevent from happening? You'd be only wasting your life away by sitting and waiting in a office somewhere hoping, for the next major UFO event to occur and then you could investigate it.

I think the only scenario possible and its a slim possibility. A small insider group exists with the knowledge we are being visited (but they don't spent every waking hour thinking about this subject its not an immediate priority on the agenda) but when something happens (major UFO event that has a US security interest) they gather information and then react and sent their hired people to retrieve all evidence and bring it back and then keep it and store it away from everyone else seeing it ever again. How realistic that scenario is anyones guess?

Back