• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DMR on iTunes

J.T.

Maybe Logic
Just noted that DMR is showing up on iTunes podcast directory -- downloaded the Gus Russo episode (only one showing up so far). Makes it a heckuva lot easier to download and listen to. Thanks a bunch!

Jay back in Boston told me he was working on this ... but this is news to me. Thanks for the heads up!

Decker

Fantastic! I use an app that sources iTunes for the downloads. It's the most convenient for me to use my smartphone for podcasts. This is a nice addition to my subscriptions. It shows 1 episode (downloading now) but its a start. Thanks to whoever got the ball rolling to post DMR on iTunes and thanks for the show Don.

As you know, DMR is now available on iTunes. I just received the following from Jay this AM.

This is the link to subscribe to Don's podcasts via iTunes:
iTunes - Podcasts - Dark Matters Radio by Don Ecker

Click this link, it'll open up a preview in a new tab/window, then click "view in itunes" (which will open it up in itunes), then once itunes opens up, obviously click the link that says "subscribe free" (located right below the dmr graphic) or click subscribe in the popup confirmation window. Should be hassle free, but let me know if you have any issues. I am going to try to add another couple of episodes to see how things go, but if you are subscribed to it, itunes should automatically download the new posts (I assume if you have it open it'll do it immediately, otherwise it'll probably do it the next time you launch itunes).

If you have questions you may contact Jay at [email protected]

Just downloaded the Walter Bosley episode and started it on my lunch time walk. Only 30 minutes into it but had to get back to work. Gonna finish it a little later. Glad to finally have it on itunes. :cool:

Out of curiosity I checked the iTunes site today for DMR. Now over 30 episodes are uploaded for download.

I was wondering, how many of you listen to DMR on iTunes as opposed to listening live when I broadcast? Please let me know.

Decker

iTunes or download from cyberstation website, depends where it's uploaded first. I'm on eastern time and get up early so has to be after the fact. But I do listen to almost all shows, sometimes more than once (Vito Saccheri ep is great, always worth a repeat listen or few).

Just so we understand how iTunes works. iTunes uses a special file (an RSS feed technically) that contains the index and descriptions to all the episodes you have available (up to 300 actually -- which is why some of our original episodes of The Paracast don't show on iTunes although they are still posted). iTunes simply links to the original site and retrieves the file for you. So long as the file is on that site, assuming no server issues, you can download the file. So long as the index file is updated, you'll be able to get the latest episodes.

I listen to DMR Live so I can channel the aliens into Dons head

I listen to The Paracast on Download

I think both shows DMR and Paracast are a good combo of shows that are a good duo

I remember listening to all the old Paracast shows when Dr.Goldberg was on and when Boyd Bushman was on, now thats a long time ago.

I think DMR and the Paracast should MORPH into 1 HYBRID SHOW

Para Dark Cast Matters

Darkcast Matters

The Para Matters

Para Matters

Bye the way did PAUL KIMBALL get abducted by aliens I have not seen him in a while.

Nah, Ryan,tongue in cheek and all, I love both shows, but like to keep them seperate for my listening pleasure. I'm an Egoist in that way. ;)

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble downloading Dark Matters from iTunes. I've gotten an error message for the last dozen or so episodes.

I will check with CyberstationUSA about that. This is the first I've heard there may be a problem. Thank you geetepe for the heads up.

Decker

Back