• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Disclosure & Questions for Dr. Steven Greer

Firstly, Awesome show Gene and David!

Now, on to the Dr. Greer subject. I was initially exposed to the Disclosure Project back in 2000 and went to a lecture he was giving at the University of Colorado Boulder around that time. I bought the book, read it and really thought this had a chance of going somewhere. I was delighted for the NPC exposure and thought that this thing is really gaining some traction. Since then, I have heard him on Coast to Coast and attended a much smaller forum where he was speaking. It was in July in Fort Collins, CO. So, $50.00 later and after sitting through the project video, he arrives at the venue. There were about 50-60 people in the room and I was the first person to ask a question. I laid it out and asked what the future plans were for the Disclosure Project. He launched into the familiar story and the even more familiar name dropping (which I expected), but then went on to say that some type of evil forces, he descibed them as "satanic", had begun to actively stymie his efforts and that he was even in fear for his life from these forces. Ok....didn't expect that, but, I stayed a little longer to hear some more. He spent some time hawking his new book and then did what I describe as "going for the jugular" by inviting the attendees to come down to the San Luis Basin to help him psychically summon a UFO. This was not a free event, but, I forget what he was charging for this experience. The second half of the event was to be a group meditation where he would teach all those present the techniques to be used to summon UFO's to them. Wow, I thought, was this about the Disclosure Project or some new age feel good marketing ploy? Did he actually expect me to believe that a UFO would travel across unknown amounts of time/space to be at my beck and call? I wondered if he was going to give out "their" pager number during the meditation...At this point I had lost interest in the event and went out for a contemplative smoke and a drive home, somewhat disillusioned.

Reflecting on my experience, I think that he is motivated by the profit margin (speaking engagements, books, videos, etc.) within the UFO field and not by some altruistic vision of actual disclosure. This is not to say that he is an evil person, just someone who, much like P.T. Barnum, knows what sells and how to extract money from the masses who feel that they need a leader to get the answers for them.

i think that the fact he has no balls to log in and answer a few questions here says it all.

Dr. Greer, you have no balls.

pixelsmith said:
i think that the fact he has no balls to log in and answer a few questions here says it all.

You are going a little overboard here. Most of our guests are not active participants in any message board. This doesn't mean they lack the courage. This is not an environment they have used and become comfortable with, which is also true for most of our listeners. Hopefully that'll get better, but don't assume the people who don't post messages are simply trying to avoid the hard questions.

I stand corrected. he does have balls.

maybe your guests should be encouraged to participate in the forums for a couple days after an interview.

pixelsmith said:
I stand corrected. he does have balls.

maybe your guests should be encouraged to participate in the forums for a couple days after an interview.

Actually, I do often ask that of guests, but it's rare that they will participate. To them, even though they talk often of alien worlds, a message board is, itself, an extraterrestrial phenomenon to some.

pixelsmith said:

Why would he log in here and read this when he can remote-view it? If you sit quietly and calm your mind you should be able to hear him speak to you telepathically. Ok, I'm just being facetious. I actually am a big fan of Dr. Greer and after my own amazing close encounter 3 years ago his Press-Club conference was the first thing about this subject I had watched that made me feel a little better about what I had witnessed. But then it raised another question - why did the mainstream media not jump on this?

klatuu_berada_nicto said:
The second half of the event was to be a group meditation where he would teach all those present the techniques to be used to summon UFO's to them. Wow, I thought, was this about the Disclosure Project or some new age feel good marketing ploy? Did he actually expect me to believe that a UFO would travel across unknown amounts of time/space to be at my beck and call?

After what I experienced I don't doubt this one bit. An amber-white egg shaped light landed in a field and after my brother started flashing a flashlight at it it erupted into one of the most amazingly ridiculous "light shows" I have ever seen. Lights of every color flashed and spun and bounced and danced around this object and not a thing could be heard. Like fireworks with no sound or smoke. Why did it do that? Was it communicating with us? The light show went on for perhaps 2 minutes and then the light winked out. What did it want? Surely if it was a visitor from another world it wouldn't have been wasting it's time putting on a light show for a couple of middle-class earthlings in the middle of the night out in some remote field, right? Well, that's exactly what it was doing. Who knows why they do what they do? If they would put on a light show for me and my brother then why not for some people that actually want a sighting?

As far as Dr. Greer repeating himself I think you have to look at it from the standpoint of him trying to reach new people. When I first watched the Press Club video all of that stuff was new to me. Now it isn't but I can understand why he does it the way he does. The success of the project requires the help of new witnesses all of the time. If someone was listening to him for the first time and he didn't tell them his story then they might not have a good idea of his motives. He is doing what works. The fact that he has identified over 400 people willing to testify is amazing in itself. Obviously he has done and continues to do something right.

I sense that he may be getting a little burned out with all of this and that he wants it to move to the next level which would be widespread and undisputed contact with these ET beings or whatever they are which I think is why he wants to train people on how to do this stuff. But don't forget that everyone needs to make a living... I wouldn't advertise free jiujitsu lessons or free photoshop lessons. Time is money. I think that if all he really cared about was money he would have stayed in his original field and remained an emergency-room doctor.

mjw,

Interesting experience. I personally have seen a UFO and didn't have to use meditation and flashlights. But, to each his own.

I think that if you do some research on the 400 witnesses he has waiting in the wings to testify, you might find a few of them do not hold the credentials that Dr. Greer claims they do. If there is one error being made, it is the lack of due dilligence regarding the witnesses backgrounds and that small error tends to reduce the believabilty of the other witnesses, no matter how many. Like I said, I read the project book and find some of the testimony very compelling and some of it, to be frank, bullshit.

Regarding the issue of motivation and money, let's look at this in terms of money. An emergency room doctor might make $100-$200 thousand a year (or about $72/hour gross) in a big hospital. The speaking engagement I attended netted $2500 (50 people at $50 a head). Subract $500 for the facility. $2000 left. He spoke for four hours, so he effectively made $500/hr gross. Which if he does it PART time (<1040 hours/year) equates to a potential gross yearly salary of $520,000. A big difference, huh? He did mention several times that he has a house in Northern Virginia and one in DC. Check out how expensive it is to live there and you might begin to see why he has decided to speak and leave the medical practice behind...

Now before someone goes off and labels me a "troll", I speak only for my experiences and personal opinions regarding Dr. Greer and the Disclosure Project. I'm not here to pick a fight with the people who support his efforts, just to offer a skeptical view to balance the discussion.

klatuu_berada_nicto-

The median expected salary for a typical Physician - Emergency Room in the United States is $214,266.
-Quote taken from www.salary.com (Average Physician - Emergency Room Salary. Physician - Emergency Room Job, Career Education & Unemp)

Also when someone is an emergency room doctor they have the luxury of driving home at the end of their shift and spending time with their family. A speaker/lecturer working the generic part-time hours you gave (1040 a year) would be on the road every single day, speaking 5 days a week and lucky to spend a few days a week with their family. I'm not saying that his lectures are not vital to his survival but everyone has to make a living. Here, add up the hours at all of these lectures and see how many times he speaks a week - http://www.disclosureproject.org/Events.htm#DPEvents
Once or twice, if it's not cancelled.
Or here - http://www.cseti.org/programs/upcoming.htm
That averages about 7 days a month. Actually you should do the math of all this as it's not really my strong suit.
Doctors, from what I have heard, also have great benefits.

I think he is doing this because it means more to him than his old work, not that it pays more. As far as the credentials of his witnesses go, I have no idea. But if you are going to be that way about it then I would love to hear what Dr. Greer personally told you about how much better it is being a speaker/lecturer than a doctor. Do you have evidence of him saying this? Or is it all assumption? Like you I'm not trying to fight about it and I can see your view but I don't mind debating things. It helps me think.

I forgot to add that we didn't meditate and draw the UFO in. We were, however, actually out looking for a UFO because of something that happened the night before. If you want the whole story I'll post it here. But we didn't meditate. Not that I wouldn't try it, though. I plan on doing that sometime in the future.

Personally, I'll be truly impressed when Dr. Greer puts ALL of the disclosure testimony up on Google video or Youtube, instead of having to purchase it for cash.

Frankly, the idea that UFOs can be summoned by wishful thinking or any other mental exercise is highly questionable, but if they can do it, where's the clear video evidence?

Dr. Greer is a good candidate as someone we should have back on the show, from my Internet readings and listener feedback here on the forums, it's clear that there are some problems with some of the claims. The UFO field contains a whole lot of noise, it's frustrating to wade through all of the junk. If it were my fulltime job, well, that would be great, but given that The Paracast is a labor of love, well, it's enough working just getting the show out every week.

Supposedly Ed and Kris Sherwood of cropcircleanswers.com have been putting on group meditations in Santa Monica, CA that have been drawing in UFO's over the past few months. They have photos of this here - crop circle news, articles, photos, videos, presentations, interviews, radio, tv, research, documentation, formations, designs, circles, information, resources
I think they are supposed to have video footage as well but I couldn't find any. If any paracast listeners live in that area it would be sweet to hear about it.

I found these disclosure project videos on google video:

And on myspace:

Featured Content on Myspace

And on Yahoo video:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?e...om/video/search?ei=UTF-8&p=disclosure+project

A few on AOL video:

AOL On

Youtube is currently down for the moment but I'll have to check back with them and see if they are on there as well.

I don't know if Dr. Greer put those up there or not but there they are.

funny how these things that appear from meditation groups or Prophets (profits) always look like a bunch of balloons tied together. if they can make them appear, make them appear CLOSER. with all the high tech cameras in everyones hands now days why dont we have a bunch of clear close up ufo pictures?

as far as the disclosure project goes i feel we need a credible person to take the ball and run with it for a while as dr greer gets his nest egg built up. maybe after he has made some money he will come back and be useful to this effort once again.

Well I'm sure you will do your part to help out, pixelsmith, by buying a nice $3000 HD video cam.

Pony up the 3 grand for the camera and another $800 to attend one of Dr. Greers "Ambassador to the Universe Trainings". Get some good video of these balloons, put them up on YouTube to share with the world and then we can once and for all put an end to Dr. Greer's mischief.

Don't take me too personal. Just being playful :D

I just have one more question - could you define "credible person" for me? As far as I know there is no such thing as a universally credible person. According to Jews not even Jesus Christ is a credible person. I guess everything just has to do with perception and belief. The truth must be subjective.

If any of the Paracast listeners wants to try this meditative UFO wrangling then I would love to be a part of it. But know this - if everyone saw something, say, a UFO from 10 feet away and we all took pictures and shot video and then a being stepped out of the craft and it walked up to us and sat down and talked about the meaning of life over a drink and we all got this on video and spread it all over the net and sent it to every major media company in the world it still would not matter. Lots of people would still not think it to be real and some people might think it's real but would think that everyone else would think it's fake and still others would think that it's real but wouldn't want it to be real. I think it's just going to take time. To be honest if I had not seen what I saw with my own eyes then I probably wouldn't believe it either.

I also don't think that it would be beneficial to us or them if these beings made themselves known to us on a world-wide scale if we weren't ready for it. Look at what happened to the Aztecs when Cortez showed up or the Native Americans when the Pilgrims showed up. Any time a more advanced culture is introduced to a primitive culture the primitive culture is usually finished if it's not assimilated. But who knows why they do what they do or what thier motives are? I think Stanton Friedman has the best explanation for that.

MJW,

That 2 hour Executive Summary of the Disclosure Project is outstanding, and quite insightful.

The range and credibility of the witnesses is, in my opinion, very compelling. I know that putting Greer down seems to be a hobby for many, but I'll take the witnesses on their own. I am stunned by their testimonies, and my intuition is that they are, for the most part, all telling the truth.

Wow.

i agree. for the most part i feel the witnesses are truthful. i feel greer has done an outstanding job up to now. before he screws it up he needs to step aside and let someone that doesnt need the paycheck take over.

mjw, David, Richard, etc.,

I took some time to view the link that mjw posted (thanks!) to the Google video site showing the NPC press conference from 5 years ago. I have sat through two of Dr. Greer's presentations, read the book and watched the 4 hour version of the video. I could not agree more fully that real disclosure is needed regarding this subject. My main problem with this organization (Disclosure & CSETI) stems from the response the Dr. Greer gave me when I asked him about the future of the Disclosure Project. He said that he was not going to pursue disclosure through the government because there are "satanic forces" working against him in that arena and that a more grass roots centered effort was the future for disclosure. I am still trying to understand this explanation. The purpose of the "disclosure" project was to seek congressional investigation and under oath testimony from his cadre of witnesses. The change in direction from using our political system, with it's congressional subpoena ability, to taking people out to summon UFO's in remote locations, doesn't seem to be working towards any actual disclosure or admittance of "extraterrestrial propulsion" technologies that the government might be hiding. In my opinion, the only thing it seems to be working towards is developing a of cult of personality. Yeah, maybe I was let down with regards to this ideal of disclosure, but, that is my error. This may be the reason that I have chosen to seek local people, where I live at, who have had these experiences and film their voluntary testimony regarding UFO's. Who knows what I might find and at least when I am done, I will have done what could be considered a layman's disclosure project.

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind me barging in here like this - I didn't know about your show until very recently...and in spending some time browsing this forum I realize people here seem to have their head screwed on straight. Which is a rare thing in these parts - it seems. It's nice to see people with intelligence who can think for themselves. So Cheers to all of you for that.

On Dr. Greer - I did want to make one comment. I am absolutely NOT an expert on Dr. Greer - I would guess that many here actually know more background on the Disclosure Project and Dr. Greer. But recently it's become a pet project of mine to sift through the many pages of his Briefing and attempt to confirm/verify the existence and authenticity of his sources. Just the testimonials of the radar sightings alone were intriguing enough - and that was only the tip of the iceburg. I agree with the poster above who mentions Stone - however from what we've seen - typically the more outrageous claims are the ones that have less truth. But who knows? And how can anyone really know until they start digging a little for themselves?

I suspect the odds are that some of Dr. Greer's sources may very likely be legit, and telling the truth. Others, of course, could have been introduced to Greer and thrown into the mix simply to discredit.

David Biedny said:
Personally, I'll be truly impressed when Dr. Greer puts ALL of the disclosure testimony up on Google video or Youtube, instead of having to purchase it for cash.

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. In particular, Dr. Greer mentioned in February of this year, in the course of promoting his latest book - that he has a diary (over 2000 pages) with significant names & organizations involved in "illegal clandestine operations". The quote is at this link... If you guys don't want cross-forum links, I understand and feel free to delete. What an interesting read (or listen) THAT diary would be. That's what I'd really like to see published... (if it exists).

Frankly, the idea that UFOs can be summoned by wishful thinking or any other mental exercise is highly questionable, but if they can do it, where's the clear video evidence?

Questions like that one above are why I decided to click that "register" button. ;)

Dr. Greer is a good candidate as someone we should have back on the show, from my Internet readings and listener feedback here on the forums, it's clear that there are some problems with some of the claims. The UFO field contains a whole lot of noise, it's frustrating to wade through all of the junk. If it were my fulltime job, well, that would be great, but given that The Paracast is a labor of love, well, it's enough working just getting the show out every week.

Labor of love....I hear ya. Sort of an addiction too isn't it? At least it is for me, in a way. Glad we discovered you guys... the more networking the better. If you ever do get Dr. Greer back on the show - it would be fantastic if he could be asked about that 2000 page diary, and if he might ever consider publishing some or all of it at some point...

Cheers to you both,
-Ry

Ry,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure if I would use the word addiction as a descriptor for my own interest in the paranormal, it's more like a deep fascination with the origins of my own experiences, some of which I've talked about on The Paracast, some of which I'm leaving for future episodes. When people go through extremely odd situations that don't conform to their normal worldview, I think there's a natural tendency to want to understand them, and what meaning they have or are supposed to have in our lives.

As far as the Disclosure project, if even 10% of the witnesses are being completely frank and honest, that's enough to raise some serious issues and questions about what is truly known about UFOs. I'm going to guess that the actual percentage is quite higher.

Glad you discovered our show, please tell your friends about it!

dB

Back