• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Derrel W.Sims

jritzmann said:
Yeah I pushed my thumbs between one's eyes years ago when I got incredibly pissed off at the whole mess. Not just the face, but the whole thing crumpled like the air was sucked out of a paper bag.

Hi Jeff, am I missing something or are you saying you pushed your thumbs between the eyes of an alien? I have to admit I don't think I have seen your other posts on the forum, but I have heard you on the Paracast. So, sorry to ask this if you have explained it elsewhere.

Brian Now said:
What an interesting idea! But, now, how would this account for shadows if this system was done on the tank? The cameras under the tank are recording the ground covered in its shadow. So anyone looking at the tank might not see the tank itself, but they would see its shadow. Maybe a good onboard computer could account for the shadow and brighten the image in real time.

The shadow problem wouldn't apply to a craft in the air though so it could be a good way to hide a UFO.

Dunno about shadows - heat signatures from exhausts was another problem, as I recall. Perhaps they didn't bother with ground vehicles because of the shadow / heat problems...

...unless they found a propulsion system that didn't require an exhaust...8)

jritzmann said:
I've had people tell me paper, and that smell you get in your nose when you have a cold. I've always percived it as wet corogated cardboard or pulp paper...wet and stale.

Yeah I pushed my thumbs between one's eyes years ago when I got incredibly pissed off at the whole mess. Not just the face, but the whole thing crumpled like the air was sucked out of a paper bag. It literally fell apart like old paper ash. I dont recall much after that other then I suddenly found myself in the kitchen making a glass of tea at 3am. No wake up the next day, just the realization that I was in the kitchen...like *snap*. Very bizarre feeling but seamless. I dont recall any sound from that instance, other then a light crunch sound as it fell apart. Kinda like onion skin paper.

I knew you had some weird experiences, but that tops all I can recall you sharing. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm curious why you picked that part of it's body to squeeze? Any idea why?

I've heard the cold/flu scent describe before, but for whatever reason I thought it could be environmental, or due to something the entities did to the abductee's nose etc.

OKay Jeff that's... seriously weird. I found this video the other day... looks like it's probably a little old:

Just wondering if any of the stuff in here seems familiar/corroborative too (beyond the obvious missing time, phasing through walls, etc)?

jritzmann said:
I've had people tell me paper, and that smell you get in your nose when you have a cold. I've always percived it as wet corogated cardboard or pulp paper...wet and stale.

Yeah I pushed my thumbs between one's eyes years ago when I got incredibly pissed off at the whole mess. Not just the face, but the whole thing crumpled like the air was sucked out of a paper bag. It literally fell apart like old paper ash. I dont recall much after that other then I suddenly found myself in the kitchen making a glass of tea at 3am. No wake up the next day, just the realization that I was in the kitchen...like *snap*. Very bizarre feeling but seamless. I dont recall any sound from that instance, other then a light crunch sound as it fell apart. Kinda like onion skin paper.

I made reference to the wet cardboard smell in a post regarding the Sims interview earlier. This is what I experienced, along with another scent that seemed to be alcohol based mixed with something sourly organic, similar to spoiled meat or unwashed bodies.
SIms and Strieber claim the entities they have encountered often have a repulsively sulfurous stench. I believe there may be an explanation for these differences, although it is only a very tentative hypothesis.

Mogwa said:
I made reference to the wet cardboard smell in a post regarding the Sims interview earlier. This is what I experienced, along with another scent that seemed to be alcohol based mixed with something sourly organic, similar to spoiled meat or unwashed bodies.
SIms and Strieber claim the entities they have encountered often have a repulsively sulfurous stench. I believe there may be an explanation for these differences, although it is only a very tentative hypothesis.

Have you posted about your experiences somewhere? I'd like to read about them if you have.

A.LeClair said:
Have you posted about your experiences somewhere? I'd like to read about them if you have.

A., thank you for responding with a polite query rather than an insulting crack.
To be embarrassingly frank, I'm more than a little hesitant about relating the details of such a personal, traumatic experience to a potentially hostile audience. I was amazed at the vicious comments some people made after David told of his brushes with paranormal events, even though they were delivered without any subjectively drawn conclusions claiming insights into the nature of the phenomena he witnessed. He simply described what happened as best he could.
As far as I know, I've only had two encounters with the entities in question. If there were others, I have no recollection of them. I'll make time over the weekend to post the details, but I should tell you beforehand that I don't have any answers to the most important questions.

Mogwa said:
A., thank you for responding with a polite query rather than an insulting crack.
To be embarrassingly frank, I'm more than a little hesitant about relating the details of such a personal, traumatic experience to a potentially hostile audience. I was amazed at the vicious comments some people made after David told of his brushes with paranormal events, even though they were delivered without any subjectively drawn conclusions claiming insights into the nature of the phenomena he witnessed. He simply described what happened as best he could.
As far as I know, I've only had two encounters with the entities in question. If there were others, I have no recollection of them. I'll make time over the weekend to post the details, but I should tell you beforehand that I don't have any answers to the most important questions.

No problem.

Many people feel the same way as you. I actually collect reports, so me being an azz makes it less likely people will open up to me which is undesired. I was recently hard on a contactee like case posted here. Hokey story, they gave more answers than questions (unlike most the legit, or at least seemingly legit cases) and asked for money. Huge red flags, so that type of thing I'm not as pleasant with.

Only post if you want. David is sensitive to people who get ridiculed for sharing here, so are many others, so it probably won't be tolerated and they'll likely get warned or maybe banned even. You might get some hecklers, I'll heckle back at them though:)

If you can put your concerns aside, Mogwa, I for one would like to hear it (well...read it). I can't promise I'll believe you but I won't ridicule you for no reason either. Basically I'm just interested in the information, even if it makes no sense from my perspective, it's better to have it and not understand it than be without it and possibly miss a piece of the puzzle...

CapnG said:
If you can put your concerns aside, Mogwa, I for one would like to hear it (well...read it). I can't promise I'll believe you but I won't ridicule you for no reason either. Basically I'm just interested in the information, even if it makes no sense from my perspective, it's better to have it and not understand it than be without it and possibly miss a piece of the puzzle...

I have serious reservations about posting this, but I said I would, so here it is.
The events in question occurred while I was single, and living in a a very large apartment complex that maintained a high level of occupant security. Just gaining admission to the premises required the use of a magnetic key card. Once on the grounds, the key card was again necessary, along with another conventional key for my apartment's doors. It would have been next to impossible for any unauthorized person to have wondered about freely, undetected, unless they were an expert lock pick and invisible to security.

In spite of those protective measures, I awoke one June morning and found that someone or something had attacked me physically during the night. I discovered two wounds: one on the inside my right thigh, close to my genitals, and another across my abdomen, just to the right of the navel. The injuries were nearly identical: three parallel deep scratches approximately three eights of an inch apart, four to five inches long, and deep enough to have drawn blood. Both injuries were extremely sensitive and would sting painfully when touched. Although the wounds had to have been made within the last eight hours, they already seemed to display signs of infection, although of a very strange variety. Swelling, or proud flesh, was apparent only in the exact track of each line of penetration. There was absolutely no evidence of histamine infusion in the rest of the surrounding tissue as would be the case of any localized infection caused by penetrating trauma. In my opinion, the characteristics seemed more like an allergic reaction than infection.
It would have been impossible for me to have inflicted the wounds upon myself. I have always kept my nails trimmed short, and even if they had been long enough to have created such damage, the scratches were too close together for my fingers to repeat the pattern, mo matter how hard I tried to compress them. There were no instruments in my home that could have done the damage, not even kitchen utensils, The dimensions were wrong. The only conventional explanation I can yet come up with might be clawing from an extremely angry cat, but I didn't have one. Nobody living in the complex did, since pets were not allowed.
While I was still examining the scratches, I experienced a sudden rush of extremely frightening memories presented in a series of disjointed scenarios.The first was a first person perspective of me standing absolutely still in a familiar field that was overgrown with scrub, weeds and wild onions. Movement was impossible; I was frozen in place like a statue. (I have no idea what clothes I was wearing because, as I said, I was seeing this through my own eyes, not an an independent observer.)
After a few seconds had passed I could distinguish a large, dark circular shape moving across the star field of the night sky. It settled gently down onto the ground about fifty yards from my position. The hull was a smooth uniform gray, with no apparent signs of rivets or any other kind of familiar panel construction.
The sight of this "craft" made no emotional impression on me at all. I might as well been watching a scrap of paper being blown around by the wind. It's here that the first gap appears in my memory. One moment I was standing motionless in a field, then just as suddenly I found myself inside a white room filled with medical laboratory style work stations. Each station was a long solid base table with dark orange colored slab tops. A stainless steel trough ran down the center of each table, dividing it in half. Inverted J-shaped faucets were visible along the far sides of the troughs, but I never saw any knobs or levers that would be used to control water flow.
It was in this room that I encountered the entity that I have come to call "the elephant man." He was no more than five and a half feet tall, wearing what looked like a disposable white paper medical gown over a massively squat body. His skin was grayish brown and extremely wrinkled, exactly like that of an elephant. It's head was round, seemed to possess no protruding ears, had a thin lipless mouth and pinkish colored eyes I believe most people would associate with albinos. He was standing next to one of the work stations, staring at me. The place reeked of what I can best describe as an alcohol based disinfectant with a sour organic smell along with it.
Throughout all these experiences, voluntary movement was impossible. I was a prisoner in my own body. From the extreme points of my peripheral vision I would occasionally catch a glimpse of short pale figures moving very quickly. Whatever those things were, it's clear they didn't want me to see them straight on. That would come later.
While I was gaping at the elephant man, a voice began to speak, It seemed to come form behind me, but I can't be sure since it also seemed to be inside my head at the same time.
"He is our ally," the voice said, referring the elephant man thing. As soon as the voice stopped I could suddenly hear children singing from somewhere in another room. Their voices were faint but clear. The song they sang was a wordless choral piece totally unfamiliar to me.
Immediately, a picture popped into my mind. Joseph Mengele. Here was another monster in an experimental lab setting, with access to human children. My initial shock at the sight of the elephant man was replaced with anger and hatred. If I'd had control of my body, I would have attacked that thing without a moment's hesitation, then tried to find the children.
"He's afraid of you," the voice behind me said. And there the memories stop. What followed was me waking and discovering the scratches.
Three weeks later the first wounds had healed, only to be replaced with another set. The marks on my thigh were back in almost exactly the same location, but the second injury was slightly below and between my shoulder blades. By using a hand mirror to pick up the reflection from the larger bathroom mirror, I found the familiar three deep, long "claw marks." The physical symptoms of appearance and discomfort were the same as before.
The memories associated with this incident are just as confusing and full of gaps as the originals. I witnessed no ship arriving, I simply found myself in a dark room, paralyzed, standing upright, sensing a presence behind me.
There was no fear, not even a trace of apprehension.
This is the only instance when I can recall speaking, although I don't know how that could have been possible given the loss of voluntary physical movement on my part. Maybe I just thought my question: I asked whatever was lurking in the shadows to let me see them.
Three beings moved into my field of vision, directly in front of me. Their bodies were cast in a dramatic chiaroscuro in the room's dim light. What I most vividly recall is three sets of huge, round, amber gold eyes with black vertical slit pupils, set in elongated conical skulls. The skin was a mottled brown. No ears, a vestigial nose and a thin slit for a mouth. Imagine a squid's mantle minus the tentacles, and you'll have a fairly accurate picture. From what I could see of their bodies, they appeared to be bipeds approximately five feet in height, although it's difficult to be sure. There was nothing else in the room to measure them against.
My response was as quick as it was puzzling. I have no idea how I jumped to the conclusion that what I was seeing was some sort of charade, but I did.
"I asked to let me see you," I said. "This isn't right. You don't really look like that."
"It doesn't matter," a voice inside my head answered. "We can appear to be anything we wish."
From that scene my memory jumps to a room dominated by a monitor screen covering an entire wall. The three squid-like things are standing off to my right, positioned so that I can just barely catch a glimpse them. An odor of wet paper or cardboard suffuses the area.
There's something else in there with us, another living thing behind me and to the left. I can sense it's presence, and it frightens me. I don"t believe it's anything like the other three entities. The very thought of seeing what it might be is too terrible to contemplate.
"Look at the screen," a voice that sounds only in my mind orders.
There is a flash of color on the monitor, and I see a picture of a small city from an aerial view snap into perfectly clear resolution. It's like the ultimate high definition display, almost indistinguishable from three dimensional reality. I can make out cars and people along the streets, frozen motionless, which leads me to believe that I'm observing a still picture. Then I notice the movement of tree leaves rustling from the wind and the waves on a distant river flowing past the steel piles of a suspension bridge. Those people are in the same physical state of helplessness I am.
"This is what we can do," the voice says, and that's the end of memory. I'm waking up again, with the stinging scratches.
That's all I have. That and a terrible fear of looking up at the open sky, especially at night. It's a horrible, pervasive emotion that snaps down my spine and actually puckers my sphincter, if you'll excuse such a gross description.
The experiences stopped after the second incident. If there have been others, I don't remember them. I cannot imagine what possible uses they may have served. There were no visions of imminent ecological disaster, exploding moons, earthquakes, floods famines, wars, or any other kind of typical mayhem. Nobody instructed me in the secrets of the universe, or even an alien alphabet.
The only hypothesis I can offer relates to the elephant man scenario and my interpretation of it. Why did I so strongly associate him with a Nazi war criminal? Why were the singing children's voices introduced into the situation? Sometimes I think this may have been a psychological test to gauge my emotional responses. If that's what it was, I'm pretty sure I flunked.
But why administer it in the first place? If these entities have been interacting with us for as long as it appears, they should have mapped out the human psyche in the most minute detail by now.
I'm afraid the answers to the questions surrounding the entire spectrum of ufo related phenomena will never be answered. If we have collectively learned anything in the last fifty years, it is that the intelligences behind it can control human consciousness at its most fundamental level. That means we can believe nothing we experience when dealing with them.

I don't know what the exact dates were, A.L. They occurred in June of 1995. I can tell you that the first was on a workday, and the second happened three weeks later. The location was in central Indiana, about thirty five miles south of Indianapolis.
I'm the sort of person who has post-it notes stuck on every convenient surface to remind me of birthdays, appointments and anniversaries. Without them, I'd never remember any important date.

Thanks Mogwa, that was... different. One thing that seems to resonate with these accounts is that they're consistantly inconsistant! But, as you say, if they really can manipulate the human mind down to a fundamental level, who can say what's "real"?

To quite my nagging inner skeptic, what are the odds of a feral cat being loose in the building, hiding in your place for a while and then escaping when the opportunity presented itself?

CapnG said:
Thanks Mogwa, that was... different. One thing that seems to resonate with these accounts is that they're consistantly inconsistant! But, as you say, if they really can manipulate the human mind down to a fundamental level, who can say what's "real"?

To quite my nagging inner skeptic, what are the odds of a feral cat being loose in the building, hiding in your place for a while and then escaping when the opportunity presented itself?

I'd have to say about zero on the cat, even though this was in a rural area located between Indianapolis and the Indiana University campus in Bloomington.
That part of the countryside is quite highly developed as a sort of bedroom community for nearby urban areas. My neighbors were people who weren't especially fond of animals or small children, if you know what I mean. They were too damned snotty and important to be bothered by "pests."

Raccoon perhaps? I don't know if they'd be native to the area but I do know from personal experience that they have no qualms about making it into, nesting and even breeding in well urbanized areas (FYI baby raccoons are adorable but they scream like banshees). The paw size would be adaquate and the less than hygenic lifestyle would more than account for the allergic reaction.

Improbable from your viewpoint I'm sure but I'm certain you understand that I have to create such speculations.

Mogwa said:
I don't know what the exact dates were, A.L. They occurred in June of 1995. I can tell you that the first was on a workday, and the second happened three weeks later. The location was in central Indiana, about thirty five miles south of Indianapolis.
I'm the sort of person who has post-it notes stuck on every convenient surface to remind me of birthdays, appointments and anniversaries. Without them, I'd never remember any important date.

Ok thanks. No similar cases come to mind around that time and place, but if I recall, or come across any I'll let you know.

CapnG said:

I've come across squids and elephant men/women in some reports. The smells he reported too. As well as the telepathy. These similarities might just be coincidence. If you cast a big enough net (there's tons of abduction reports) you'll catch some of the same fish kinda etc.

Great show guys, just finished listening now :)...

Sims left me again feeling "A little uneasy" as David said....I'm still not convinced, not even in the slighest. He danced himself around Gene's question's so poorly...

Good on you Derrel,

You do nothing for this field.

Give this man enough rope & let him run...he will hang himself with his own nonsense...WHY must people avoid the hard questions when they are thrown infront of them?

Keep up the good work David & Gene, you make all show's very very entertaining...Would have been funny if David knew Derrel didn't believe in 'Evolution' before the interview!

Back