• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Derrel W.Sims

Yeah, I know. I heard them. I'm not railing on you guys, you did a great job being very fair, and in a word Tolerant.

I just hope I didn't make you guys grit your teeth too much when you guys had me on. By the way, I had a blast.

Tommy Allison said:
Yeah, I know. I heard them. I'm not railing on you guys, you did a great job being very fair, and in a word Tolerant.

I just hope I didn't make you guys grit your teeth too much when you guys had me on. By the way, I had a blast.

We gritted our teeth with some other guests, but not with you. We enjoyed having you on.

Dave/Gene,
You were saying on the show that there would be a lot of chatter...has anyone met him? I met him at the UFO thingy in Laughlin recently and besides being a little batty((typical of other telepaths I have met) I am comfortable saying he could be credible...Leir is a tough act to dismiss....in any catagory...We all have to get along ....perhaps having Leir on again with the data from Sims?

Scottsdale
Kato8)

Kato2012 said:
Dave/Gene,
You were saying on the show that there would be a lot of chatter...has anyone met him? I met him at the UFO thingy in Laughlin recently and besides being a little batty((typical of other telepaths I have met) I am comfortable saying he could be credible...Leir is a tough act to dismiss....in any catagory...We all have to get along ....perhaps having Leir on again with the data from Sims?

Scottsdale
Kato8)

I don't know how Leir is going to react to what Sims said about him, but we certainly expect to have him on again in the near future.

If Sims is a telepath, then George Bush must be the smartest man on the planet.

Yeah... Telepathy. Right.

A.LeClair said:
I know Budd asks a lot of his "abductees" about smells, so he could probably give more details than I. I'm not a hundred percent confident in my recollections, or I might mention some. I think Jeff R. mentioned one on one of the Paracast shows. If memory serves.

Yes I did. Wet paper-ish smell. They crush like paper too (only dry paper).

I thought the show was excellent, though Derrel was on shorter than I expected. I haven't listened to the last guest yet, I will later.

I'd be interested in seeing the alien photos he has. I been trying to get a vid off Leir for awhile now. No luck.

Leir has a bad side. I've seen it.

There's some interesting discussion over at Ufo Updates I started where Dick Hall, me and Stan Friedman go at it in regards to whether or not Leir is a MD among other things. Stanton makes some funny comments and makes Dick look like an idiot. Dick doesn't like Leir and attacks him etc. Thread is called "Leir's 'Alien Debris'" I think.

If I get the Paracast's newsletter will I normally get a better heads up on guests? I heard David mention that some of the questions we asked were made after the interview, so that's why I ask.

Tommy Allison said:
I missed the first 15 minutes with Derrel. Damn.

Most of the interview was pretty much the standard fare. I noticed there really was some interesting discussions backed up by absolutely nothing.

I realize that as a previous guest that these guys do ask tough questions, but I'm not entirely sure what happened here with Derrel.

Oh well...

Listened live eh? I love the archives.

David mentioned on the show that he wasn't aware of certain things or probably would have questioned him on it. The not believing in evolution claim as an example. I can't recall if Sims is a creationist or not. He might just think that evolution has some problems and doesn't think it's complete, like me. I would be surprised if he thought none of it was true, or if he believes in creationism. He says he's a Christian, but not all buy into creationism.

Well... Apparently an MIB roughed up his secretary one morning. Apparently she was burned, bloodied, and was incoherent for 9 minutes according to the account in an e-mail I received.

I'll just say this.

I have my own MIB story, peculiar as it was, it was totally non-violent.

The idea of an MIB roughing up someone is new territory for me, especially if there was physical evidence to back up the claims.

i missed the interview last nite but planning to listen to it tonite. from wat i read here, well seems like mr. sims gave yet another of his trademark interviews. well i knew he had issues with leir, coz i remember him mentioning it in one of jerry pippin's interviews. just heard a lil bit of the comments made by Gene and David. all i cud say is Spot On!

anyway i've heard derrel making his evolution comment twice. once, it was in c2c with bell. this comment was in context with life on earth and was ridiculous, and the other one was made in the paranormal cafe with rob simcox, where he talked about it in context to the hierarchy of alien life forms! :mad:

here's the Part III of his interview at Paranormal Cafe!

Sims Evolution Comment

Pay attention at 01.38 - 03.00, where he mentions it!

I met Derrel at a ufo conference about 6 years ago. I told the director of the conference that I wanted to start a ufo group, and to my embarrassment the director had me stand up at the end of the conference and said that I was starting a ufo group. Because of this, after the conference Derrel asked me and my girlfriend to go and have lunch with him and his co-workers after the conference, so I got a chance to have an actual conversation with him.

One of the curious things he mentioned is that he could tell if someone is lying about an abduction by analyzing a handwritten account of the events. He said that he was an expert at handwriting analysis. I'm not familiar with the subject, is anyone here familiar with handwriting analysis?

He seemed like a nice enough guy, but I certainly got the general impression of a "salesman" type personality. The type of person who talks very fast and uses this to direct the conversation where he wants it to go. At one point he was talking to my girlfriend and I got this distinct impression that he was gauging her level of suggestibility.

As I said, he seemed like a nice enough guy, but there was something there that made me wary. The fact that he is ex-military also brings up an idea that I haven't heard mentioned anywhere yet. I think I'll make it a seperate thread.

The Sims interview...well that's an hour of my life that I will never get back! :p

haha, but seriously folks...I'm gonna miss that hour.

I'll only touch on one of my annoyances with him. On big error he seemed to make was his story that he was discussing satellite imagery with some govt or military guy. They basically decided UFO's wink out by changing to another part of the light spectrum, ie infrared or UV.

So if our David Biedny dons a leisure suit that reflects ONLY infrared then he will appear completely naked to us??! No, anything that reflects only invisible parts of the spectrum will just appear black...not transparent!

So, changing the light a UFO reflects or emits to IF or UV might be good for night time (coz they would look black) but not during the day. Aren't UFOs supposed to "wink out" in daylight too?

Brian Now said:
The Sims interview...well that's an hour of my life that I will never get back! :p

haha, but seriously folks...I'm gonna miss that hour.

I'll only touch on one of my annoyances with him. On big error he seemed to make was his story that he was discussing satellite imagery with some govt or military guy. They basically decided UFO's wink out by changing to another part of the light spectrum, ie infrared or UV.

So if our David Biedny dons a leisure suit that reflects ONLY infrared then he will appear completely naked to us??! No, anything that reflects only invisible parts of the spectrum will just appear black...not transparent!

So, changing the light a UFO reflects or emits to IF or UV might be good for night time (coz they would look black) but not during the day. Aren't UFOs supposed to "wink out" in daylight too?

That might relate to something that David once remarked on regarding his own encounter. I believe it was his impression that the "cloaking" mechanism on the ufo he saw was malfunctioning, so these smaller ufos were being deployed in a configuration around it, in order to conceal it. This seems like a reasonable conclusion, and implies that the mechanism for making these craft invisible might involve creating a surrounding field that somehow bends light around the object.

Is it possible that these ufo "cloaking" mechanisms only bend a certain range of light? There are public studies existing now showing that we currently possess the technology to bend light in only the microwave spectrum, effectively making an object invisible to microwave-sensing technology. (interesting article: Engineers see progress in creating 'invisibility cloak')

If the purpose of these cloaking devices is to conceal the vehicles from visible light sensing technology (ie, humans), then perhaps some of these vehicles are only designed to bend light in the visible spectrum.

BrandonD said:
That might relate to something that David once remarked on regarding his own encounter. I believe it was his impression that the "cloaking" mechanism on the ufo he saw was malfunctioning, so these smaller ufos were being deployed in a configuration around it, in order to conceal it. This seems like a reasonable conclusion, and implies that the mechanism for making these craft invisible might involve creating a surrounding field that somehow bends light around the object.

Yes, bending light is another story. I think bending light around you in all directions would be about the only way to appear invisible. I wonder, though, if it would ever be perfect. I imagine there could be some distortion of the light a la the movie "Predator" or the Romulans or Klingons on Star Trek.

Brian Now said:
Yes, bending light is another story. I think bending light around you in all directions would be about the only way to appear invisible. I wonder, though, if it would ever be perfect. I imagine there could be some distortion of the light a la the movie "Predator" or the Romulans or Klingons on Star Trek.

The *theory* for this technology has been around for years - you cover the vehicle with thousands of 'pixels' (mini-LCD displays, if you like) and wire them up to cameras on the opposite side of the vehicle (not directly, but via a computer). The computer then processes the images coming into the cameras and sets the colours of each 'pixel' on the opposite side of the vehicle, making it appear 'transparent/invisible' from a range of a few hundred feet away.

The whole process is very 'chameleon' like - the vehicle adopts the colours and patterns of it's immediate surroundings. If you've ever used 3D-modelling software, then the process is similar to UV-mapping.

I'm not sure if the technology has been successfully used yet (although, I think it probably has) - I saw a documentary in 90's where they demonstrated how it could hide a tank. I think one of the latest Bond films also showed it hiding one of Bond's cars.

LCD and camera technology is so cheap now, that I'd be surprised if they're not using something like this already.

The next step is 'flexible' displays that can be woven in fabrics - how about a stealth suit...

A.LeClair said:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Do you know of any other cases that report that scent?

You've crushed one before?

I've had people tell me paper, and that smell you get in your nose when you have a cold. I've always percived it as wet corogated cardboard or pulp paper...wet and stale.

Yeah I pushed my thumbs between one's eyes years ago when I got incredibly pissed off at the whole mess. Not just the face, but the whole thing crumpled like the air was sucked out of a paper bag. It literally fell apart like old paper ash. I dont recall much after that other then I suddenly found myself in the kitchen making a glass of tea at 3am. No wake up the next day, just the realization that I was in the kitchen...like *snap*. Very bizarre feeling but seamless. I dont recall any sound from that instance, other then a light crunch sound as it fell apart. Kinda like onion skin paper.

jritzmann said:
Yeah I pushed my thumbs between one's eyes years ago when I got incredibly pissed off at the whole mess. Not just the face, but the whole thing crumpled like the air was sucked out of a paper bag. It literally fell apart like old paper ash. I dont recall much after that other then I suddenly found myself in the kitchen making a glass of tea at 3am. No wake up the next day, just the realization that I was in the kitchen...like *snap*. Very bizarre feeling but seamless. I dont recall any sound from that instance, other then a light crunch sound as it fell apart. Kinda like onion skin paper.

That's pretty creepy..

IMO sulfur smells a lot like old wet cardboard..
Some people seem to think sulfur smells like rotten eggs or egg farts, doesn't. That's not sulfur that's hydrogen sulfide.

I see the inconsistencies in described smells as very meak considering the variation of smell perception in humans varies very highly in scientific testing. Taste perception per individual varies even greater due to a extreme variation in the amount and type of taste buds per individual.

I don't think bizarre inconsistencies say much of anything about the abduction phenomenon; gotta look at consistencies of which I find there are many. Now there is some consistency to the inconsistencies, the really wacky stuff in people's experiences (outside of the obvious frauds) usually ends by the subject being shut down mentally. It's a constant game of mental deception. Everybody who looks at the abduction phenomenon lets be honest, if you have the ability to make people see crap what are you going to do with it? Your going to play with people's heads CONSTANTLY and base your life on that model.

With all the wacky experiences I read about like the one your describing, nobody will ever convince me the visitors don't have a sense of humor.
..A dry twisted sense of humor.

Rick Deckard said:
The *theory* for this technology has been around for years - you cover the vehicle with thousands of 'pixels' (mini-LCD displays, if you like) and wire them up to cameras on the opposite side of the vehicle (not directly, but via a computer). The computer then processes the images coming into the cameras and sets the colours of each 'pixel' on the opposite side of the vehicle, making it appear 'transparent/invisible' from a range of a few hundred feet away.

The whole process is very 'chameleon' like - the vehicle adopts the colours and patterns of it's immediate surroundings.

What an interesting idea! But, now, how would this account for shadows if this system was done on the tank? The cameras under the tank are recording the ground covered in its shadow. So anyone looking at the tank might not see the tank itself, but they would see its shadow. Maybe a good onboard computer could account for the shadow and brighten the image in real time.

The shadow problem wouldn't apply to a craft in the air though so it could be a good way to hide a UFO.

Back