• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Derrel W.Sims

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
Great, you are having him on. I would have suggested having him on before, but I'm not aware of anything new that he's done so I didn't.

Maybe ask him what's up with his own experiences (abduction related, which many people aren't aware of), surveillance attempts, and one or more of the Roswell pieces. One of which turned out to be bogus, while another is with Leir last I heard.

From having listened to many of his interviews in C2C, BV Radio, Paranormal Cafe and a host of other shows, i wud say that he kinda got a free pass on all of em, where no critical issues were raised. I dont say that what he does is suspect and all, but no one asks him detailed questions about the implants, and whether he is willing to share the analysis of them with professional material scientists and so on! i even remember posting a Virtually Strange post entry by an Israeli doctor who actually listened to Sims' talk and asked him if he would be willing to have him have a luk into it, to which Sims declined.

And on top of that, he said that he is sure that Evolution is wrong! :mad:

Am sure Gene and David wud conduct a critical interview!

Oh man... Um.... Uh.... David, you got some e-mail buddy.

All I can do is snicker.

I consider Sims to be something of a self aggrandizing poseur. He constantly makes claims and announcements that he never substantiates. Every few months he informs the world that he has played a part in the discovery of some incredible artifact or archaeological site that will enlighten the rest of ignorant humanity.
Well, I'm still waiting, and I'm just as ignorant as I ever was.
He also has the habit of refusing to release information he claims to possess that can definitively prove the validity of purported abduction cases. Sometimes it's a little known physical feature of the aliens, at others it may be something else. It's hard to be sure. Coy is cute in teenage girlfriends, but absurd in fully grown men.
One question I hope Gene and David ask Sims is what these gray "aliens" of his smell like. What is their odor? If he's being truthful about his extensive contact with this specific group of entities, there is only one correct answer, and it isn't anything a phony might hit upon by accident.

Mogwa said:
I consider Sims to be something of a self aggrandizing poseur. He constantly makes claims and announcements that he never substantiates. Every few months he informs the world that he has played a part in the discovery of some incredible artifact or archaeological site that will enlighten the rest of ignorant humanity.
Well, I'm still waiting, and I'm just as ignorant as I ever was.
He also has the habit of refusing to release information he claims to possess that can definitively prove the validity of purported abduction cases. Sometimes it's a little known physical feature of the aliens, at others it may be something else. It's hard to be sure. Coy is cute in teenage girlfriends, but absurd in fully grown men.
One question I hope Gene and David ask Sims is what these gray "aliens" of his smell like. What is their odor? If he's being truthful about his extensive contact with this specific group of entities, there is only one correct answer, and it isn't anything a phony might hit upon by accident.

Um.... Ass???

Is that what they smell like? Stinky buttcrack? To my knowledge, I have yet to hear or read that anyone made a note of the smell of the aliens. However.. Derrel should be able to tell you all what a MIB smells like. Apparently he encounters them with some frequency.

Mogwa said:
He also has the habit of refusing to release information he claims to possess that can definitively prove the validity of purported abduction cases.

precisely! he always makes tall claims in his radio interviews and never backs them up with proof of ne kind! and the radio show hosts who interviewed him also acted like jerks, never confronting him on ne of his claims.

i still can't fogive him for his Evolution Comment tho! :mad:

Tommy Allison said:
To my knowledge, I have yet to hear or read that anyone made a note of the smell of the aliens. However.. Derrel should be able to tell you all what a MIB smells like. Apparently he encounters them with some frequency.

For the record, I humbly make note of it now.

neuromancer said:
From having listened to many of his interviews in C2C, BV Radio, Paranormal Cafe and a host of other shows, i wud say that he kinda got a free pass on all of em, where no critical issues were raised. I dont say that what he does is suspect and all, but no one asks him detailed questions about the implants, and whether he is willing to share the analysis of them with professional material scientists and so on! i even remember posting a Virtually Strange post entry by an Israeli doctor who actually listened to Sims' talk and asked him if he would be willing to have him have a luk into it, to which Sims declined.

And on top of that, he said that he is sure that Evolution is wrong! :mad:

Am sure Gene and David wud conduct a critical interview!

I'm all for critical questions. What specifically did you have in mind? I may have already asked him.

Tommy Allison said:
To my knowledge, I have yet to hear or read that anyone made a note of the smell of the aliens.

Several abductees have and the reports are consistant but whether or not that's seperate accounts acting as confirmation or copycats reciting from example is up for debate.

CapnG said:
Several abductees have and the reports are consistant but whether or not that's seperate accounts acting as confirmation or copycats reciting from example is up for debate.

It occurs to me that I have just committed the same error I've charged against Sims...playing coy with "classified" information considered too important to be shared with the unworthy masses. So now I'm going to answer a question nobody asked: the vicious, murdering, thieving, lying, sadistic little motherless sons of the abyss smell like wet cardboard.
That's something you'll never read or hear reported in any abduction case I know of. Perhaps I've missed one, but I doubt it. Only people who have been forced to interact with the entities commonly referred to as "grays" while still possessing some measure of control over their physical senses know this is reliable fact.

CapnG said:

I know Budd asks a lot of his "abductees" about smells, so he could probably give more details than I. I'm not a hundred percent confident in my recollections, or I might mention some. I think Jeff R. mentioned one on one of the Paracast shows. If memory serves.

Bah, I give in. If memory serves, I've heard of sulfur, vinegar, cinnamon, lighter and lantern fluid, vanilla and rotten eggs (all separately not together). I sometimes hear others repeat that Travis Walton says they smelled like marshmallows, but that's a booboo. He said they felt like marsh mallows, or mallowish. I'm sure there are others too, but can't recall the specifics and will leave it at those I mentioned for now.

....Erh ahhhhhh well the real objective for my research is so we can uhhhh catch one of those little grey buggers & uhhh subject them to some form of scientific analysis so we can erhhhh further our studies of the abduction phenomena & hopefully this whole issue will finally be able to be solved....

Man, I disliked this guy when I first heard him on Jerry Pippin awhile back. I still dislike this man not exclusively due to his views, but mainly because I believe we aren't necessarily dealing with an issue that involves 'solid, physical, 3-dimensional beings from another planet'.
This man comes off as a very distasteful & ignorant pro-nazi of the Ufology field & leaves an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. He has failed to provide implant evidence to support many of his claims, given falsified contacts for his claims (as in, he has claimed many reliable scientific researchers have put his pieces of evidence under the microscope so to speak & proven that they are of an unknown terrestrial origin),
& generally gets off under the gusto-attitude of a staff-seargent in an attempt ('I THINK') to sway skeptical minds into believing that these 'beings' are most DEFINATELY dangerous, unpredictable whatevers using the human race for their own study...In a field of research such as this you cannot be too certain about ANYTHING, aswell as be too careful.

Well, Mr Sims, I'm still waiting for this evidence buddy.

Roswell may very well HAVE happened as it did, there may have been entities captured under the watchful eye of Truman, but this guy is a jackass for throwing around the theory that its certainly possible to 'catch' one of these beings...What a nutcase...He very well may have had abduction-related experiences...I dont care...He does nothing for this field other than make it seem more ridiculous and suit for fruit-cakes to dwell on rather than actually putting his money where his mouth is and getting those goddamn samples PROPERLY analysed and with OFFICIAL scientific credits at that.

I could care less whether you burn Mr Derrel Sims or not...Just please Dave & Gene, PROBE this guy like so many others have failed to do.

I've e-mailed Sims about the handling of evidence and he was quite open with me.

To his credit he turned down 2000 dollars I was offering him to help with future work. His reason was he only would take money from someone if they could over see where everything is being put to use. I wasn't heavily involved with his implant project so he didn't feel right about taking my money.

Anyway, he does have good reasons (in my view) to refute certain claims and attacks here. I too was weary of Sims and Leir, but I chose to contact him and ask him a bunch of questions that concerned me. He addressed them all. I did the same with Pye though, yet the Paracast got a different result. Maybe they will with Derrel too.

Here are some questions to maybe ask Derrel before jumping to certain conclusions about him not being one to show evidence.

How big of a concern is it of yours to prove to the world that aliens are real? Do you feel you've done little or a lot? Some examples of being open to inquires and independent testing are?

How do you (Derrel) feel about the media and mainstream science? Has it made you more standoffish in presenting your data?

I know what his answers are to those two questions, or variations of them as of say, around 7 years ago. I'll mention the answers after he is on. No point me saying now, because they might be different answers as of today, and I'm wanting to see how consistent they are with what he told me around a decade ago (for my own knowing). Asking questions like above might clear up certain negative impressions people have. Though I doubt it will entirely to the impatient and overly cynical.

Yeah... Well... My take on Sims is quite a bit different than yours.

Not sure when you talked to him, but my recent encounter via e-mail is significantly different.

You don't want nothing about B.M. on your show but you allow alien abductees on. They are just as as crazy as his claims..lol.

I saw my thread got moved. I wanted to apologize. I didn't know whether to put it in ufo, or contactee, so I thought general would suffice since it was more about him and not ufos etc. Anyway, sorry Tom, Gene, or Dave.

Tommy Allison said:
Yeah... Well... My take on Sims is quite a bit different than yours.

Not sure when you talked to him, but my recent encounter via e-mail is significantly different.

That's cool. Same thing happened with me and Pye. I had great interactions with him while others haven't. I don't know if it's because of me being too "nice" or what though. Maybe I need to be more of an azz:) So, any negative perspectives on Derrel is appreciated. It's all worth knowing even if I don't agree from experience. My views on Pye have changed a bit since knowing of yours and David interactions.

I missed the first 15 minutes with Derrel. Damn.

Most of the interview was pretty much the standard fare. I noticed there really was some interesting discussions backed up by absolutely nothing.

I realize that as a previous guest that these guys do ask tough questions, but I'm not entirely sure what happened here with Derrel.

Oh well...

Tommy Allison said:
I missed the first 15 minutes with Derrel. Damn.

Most of the interview was pretty much the standard fare. I noticed there really was some interesting discussions backed up by absolutely nothing.

I realize that as a previous guest that these guys do ask tough questions, but I'm not entirely sure what happened here with Derrel.

Oh well...

You did hear the comments we made after the interview, right?

Back