• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

December 20, 2015 — Nancy du Tertre

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I don't know about you, but when I first received this book, I thought of a song, "Talk to the Animals, from a 1967 movie, "Dr. Doolittle." I heard the song, but never saw the movie.

Regardless, the topic of talking to ET, or figuring out how, is still important on a number of levels.

It's so important, that I devoted this weeks Paracast Newsletter to the subject:

Your Paracast Newsletter — December 20, 2015

Chris and I also talk about this subject, in part, in this week's episode of After The Paracast. If you're interested in checking out our exclusive podcast, part of The Paracast+, please check here:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Thanks for asking my questions.

Didn't have much hope for this but in the end I enjoyed this episode.Nancy is clearly an intelligent and charming woman, as attested by her previous occupation. And her effect on Chris...
From other interviews I thought her underlying philosophy would be a bit too new-agey (note her use of the term "energy") for the Paracast but you gave her a bit of a tough time and she came through relatively unscathed and expressing a vague agnosticism which I hadn't picked up on before.

Two other things stood out.

First - Nancy's story about her strange telephone experience: how many times have we heard people in the paranormal field tell similar anecdotes? John Keel obviously, but just from listening to podcasts on anomalous phenomenon it seems many others have strange telephone tales to tell. I'm fairly sure Joshua Cutchin has one, as does Nick Redfern. There was someone on the Paracast John Keel roundtable memoriam who tells a story of how a phone call about Keel was interrupted by an otherworldly screaming. Only a few months ago Greg Bishop caught a creepy EVP style high-pitched giggle in the background of a phone conversation he was having with Paul Kimball on Radio Misterioso. Just in the same way as your guest next week (Mike Clelland) asks everyone if they have ever had any strange experiences with owls, you guys should ask every guest if they've had any strange telephone experiences. There's a book there waiting to be written, I'm sure of it.

Second- Nancy, along with Joshua a fortnight ago and Mike Clelland, who you have next week, are all to some extent gathering stories and, to varying degrees, not worrying about the veracity or truthfulness of these stories, and drawing conclusions from them. I can see a value in this approach, I think even frauds or the confused can tell us something. I would just feel uneasy if this was to become a dominant approach to the subject. I'd be very interested in how others felt about this.

Haven't listened to the show yet but I just noticed Nancy is on C2C tonight. Gene and Chris bagged her before Premier Networks did.

It was an entertaining episode, but I have reservations about her conclusions. I'm open to the possibility of all that she claims, but..
..not sure if I dig that aliens (?!) are 'real' because, like subatomic particles or dark matter, they can't be seen (or more to what she said: that they aren't things?:confused: Not sure what to do with that one.
Also, don't really get why someone would be considered 'lucky' by having a UFO/ET/whatever encounter.
Even if it's just a snappy title, I still kind of expected the creator of exolinguistics to show us how to talk to an alien. Probably in the sequel..

Last edited:
Interesting she mentioned that some Enochian symbols are channeled from these entities. I wonder if she knows the link between Enochian and A.Crowley's work.

First - Nancy's story about her strange telephone experience: how many times have we heard people in the paranormal field tell similar anecdotes?... I'm fairly sure Joshua Cutchin has one, as does Nick Redfern.

Yep. I had been on a family vacation and my wife and I had stayed behind an extra day. Early the morning before we left, I received a phone call from my parents.

When I answered, it was a robotic voice on the line, similar to an old Speak-and-Spell toy. I tried to make out what was being said, but it was unintelligible. I hung up and then called my folks, who were sound asleep. It was odd, and not a dream on my end, since the call log showed that I had indeed received an incoming call from their number.

Highly possible that there is a mundane network-related answer, but odd nonetheless.

Enjoyable for sure. But I need to tell Chris OB about a service he'd like, called Paranormal Date.

Just being silly I loved hearing Chris in this episode, being human n all;)

Off-planet call centres, it had to happen.

My neighbour's "barking dog" ET leaves alien DNA in the middle of my lawn quite regularly.

I enjoyed the show, despite having misgivings over the premise of Nancy's book. I was pleasantly surprised to hear an intelligent person who pretty much laid it on the line as far as she herself was concerned.

When it comes to anything psychic or remote-viewing related, things get a bit thin for me often, but only because I think those subjects probably must be experienced or witnessed first hand before you can put much stock in them. But she doesn't expect everyone else to take anything at face value and it seems she is very willing to consider alternatives and ultimately that she might not be right about many things, but she is going where her own personal research and experience is leading and that, I think, is fair enough.

Hell, it's hard for me to concisely relate to 'new people' what my ideas are relating to many paranormal topics and it's only fair to grant other people the time and consideration that new and often unusual ideas must be given to even start coming to any kind of understanding.

I think she conducted herself well and came across positively in circumstances (relating to her book's material) that could easily have made her look a bit 'woo-woo true believer-ish.'

Your Paracast Newsletter — December 20, 2015

"As most of you know, there are people who claim to have already communicated with ET. They contact them in the desert, are abducted by them in their bedrooms or on a dark country road, or perhaps they “channel” communications from “higher” beings. Some claim those beings to be extraterrestrial, others claim that they are spirits of the dead."

Most claim that they could care less if you believe they are ET or not but, of course, you knew that. Yes?

"Of course, even if you assume those experiences are being described as accurately as possible, that doesn’t demonstrate the actual cause. Besides, even if it were ET, why assume they are telling us the truth and not just giving us a cover story to fulfill their “prime directive” about communicating with the primitives?"

To come to a well-reasoned conclusion, it would be wise to actually spend a few months (years in my case) immersed in the subjects of voice channeling, (in)direct voice mediumship and attendance in seances that are specifically designed to communicate with the ET community.

Or not. It's entirely your choice.

To come to a well-reasoned conclusion, it would be wise to actually spend a few months (years in my case) immersed in the subjects of voice channeling, (in)direct voice mediumship and attendance in seances that are specifically designed to communicate with the ET community.
Do you have any good stories and/or proof of this taking place?

Back