• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dec. 28th show...." and stuff....".

Digigeek James,

Oh, and for the record, I think Holzer is an ignorant fool, not an idiot. Sorry if I messed that up.

dB

Her actions, as described by you would warrant that label in this respect, and you even mentioned the fact that she would probably not listen to you...that's why I said someone else should reiterate this to her -she may be foolish and naive, but she does not deserve to be affiliated with Knell if anyone can help it.

On a positive note, I saw the best, most sensible episode of UFO Hunters recently. I saw one on the DVR over the holidays. It was the "LOST UFO FILES" episode about James McDonald's files. It was really well done, had continuity, and made a good argument. Excellent show! I need to make a post about it.

James

I have to admit the show was not up to par in whole, but I really don't want these guys to slack off and lose their edge in fear of 'offending' someone.

Well, if anything, I was trying to show the contrast between having an edge and just being pissed off at someone and venting angrily. My point was that Holzer had not actively done anything to anyone - she was only guilty of not wanting to listen to David's warning and of being a marginal guest on the show. That hardly warrants name calling and wishing her ill-will. You don't think that's too catty and childish? Hey, everyone has a bad day, I have to apologize more often than I want to admit, but I have to do it when I am wrong, nevertheless.

Gene and David,

I just finally got a chance to listen to this episode, and want to personally thank you for shining the light on a filthy cockroach. Excellent job. :)

Thanks for this recent show and not letting me totally give up on the UFO subject and the Paracast entirely.

I don't believe disclosure about UFOs will happen but credit Gene and David for disclosing frauds and using their brains for at least some critical thinking and research.

I can't say I've learned anything about UFOs other than it's a field full of personality cults and self-promoting charlatans who are not interested in the least about truth.

Information from a science perspective should be free and not sold or be used as entertainment in my view and I applaud Gene and Dave for keeping the Paracast and it's podcast free.

Gene and David,

I just finally got a chance to listen to this episode, and want to personally thank you for shining the light on a filthy cockroach. Excellent job. :)

I agree. Fuck that asshole. What a loser. Well done. I'm sending you guys a Christmas present this year, JUST for sticking it to that liar. He's no good.

Well done.

- Apo.

On a positive note, I saw the best, most sensible episode of UFO Hunters recently. I saw one on the DVR over the holidays. It was the "LOST UFO FILES" episode about James McDonald's files. It was really well done, had continuity, and made a good argument. Excellent show! I need to make a post about it.

I just saw that yesterday. To actually see and hear Lonnie Zamora being interviewed was a real treat. I remember that case from when it first happened. I concur; a good show.

I just saw that yesterday. To actually see and hear Lonnie Zamora being interviewed was a real treat. I remember that case from when it first happened. I concur; a good show.

Is this episode available online anywhere? The Lonnie Zamora/Socorro case is one of my all-time favourites.

This episode was quite a novelty. You know, I thought Knell was quite informed on the subject of UFOs, but alas what he did say was nothing special or new. The man knew how to speak and did so like a machine gun firing. I'll give him that.

I reckoned the interview would go on for longer but you guys just made it look as if you had planned to come off the rails right from the start and had no intentions of discussing an actual topic. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I did feel some sympathy for the guy for coming out to talk UFOs and being barraged with "You're a fraud!" incessantly.

Nonetheless, lies, fraud and plagiarism mustn't go unpunished.

This episode was quite a novelty. You know, I thought Knell was quite informed on the subject of UFOs, but alas what he did say was nothing special or new. The man knew how to speak and did so like a machine gun firing. I'll give him that.

I reckoned the interview would go on for longer but you guys just made it look as if you had planned to come off the rails right from the start and had no intentions of discussing an actual topic. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I did feel some sympathy for the guy for coming out to talk UFOs and being barraged with "You're a fraud!" incessantly.

Think it through.
Knowing that Knell is a fraud, if they hadn't challenged him they would simply have been providing him with a platform and by doing so made themselves accessories.
The man's consistent history of lying and swindling is not only something that people should be warned about, it taints anything he says on the subject of UFOs - not only can nothing he says on the subject be trusted (when are you supposed to believe a liar?), but as long as people like him are taken seriously within the field of UFOs nothing about that field will be taken seriously by the world at large.
Lastly, he was not ambushed with material that did not relate to what he had come to say: he was quite happy to launch into his imaginary biography (full of his equally imaginary contributions to the motion picture industry, for instance), and it would have been improper not to challenge him on lies that he was repeating live.

OK, I don't quite get your position here. The guy makes claims over and over that cannot be substantiated (about UFOs and copious other stuff), and you feel sorry for him? But you understand why the hosts did what they did.

Do you agree with how Knell was handled or not?

Is this episode available online anywhere? The Lonnie Zamora/Socorro case is one of my all-time favourites.

Yes, the episode is available on YouTube in several 10 minute increments. First one is here:
. The other parts should show up on the right hand side if you pull this one up.

Also, I suspect you can see it on History Channel if you'll look through the listsings. They repeat so often that I can't imagine it not being on again.

I'm not understanding this idea being bandied about that Knell was 'treated badly.' I think it was a perfect example of investigative journalism and one of the best shows yet. The thing is, David and Gene simply asked questions and they did so in a rational and calm manner. They didn't call Knell any names. They didn't do a 'yell and scream' routine. They never deviated from a respectful tone. They simply let Knell talk himself into a complete dead end. In effect, Knell exposed himself. Knell was probably easier to expose than someone like Greer, who is vastly more intelligent and deviously tries to control the conversation, but you can't lay that on the show itself.

I have no problem with how Knell was treated. In fact, I have seen a clear improvement in the show over the last few episodes. Given the weekly nature of the show it is inevitable that once in awhile you're going to have a show that doesn't quite live up to expectations, but this wasn't one of those.

I also believe that no potential guest need fear the show. If a guest is straightforward and honest, then there is nothing to worry about. I think Gene and David are more appreciative of guests who are not dogmatic in their interpretatons and points of view, but perhaps we should all entertain that idea.

Yes, the episode is available on YouTube in several 10 minute increments. First one is here:
. The other parts should show up on the right hand side if you pull this one up.

Also, I suspect you can see it on History Channel if you'll look gthrough the listsings. They repeat so often that I can't imagine it not being on again.

Many thanks, Schuyler. The History Channel hasn't aired any of the UFO Hunters shows here in the UK yet, as far as I know.

Having just watched this episode of UFO Hunters, I wonder why the subject of the two entities Lonnie Zamora claimed to have observed was not mentioned. Anyone know why?

Do you agree with how Knell was handled or not?

Of course I agree. I thought David, Gene and Frank did their homework brilliantly in preparing the evidence to uncover Knell's fantastic claims and criminal activity. I really don't want to sound like defending the guy as that's not my intention. I would have liked to hear more of what he had to say before he was given the heat that his newspaper and media appearances did not exist.

Of course I agree. I thought David, Gene and Frank did their homework brilliantly in preparing the evidence to uncover Knell's fantastic claims and criminal activity. I really don't want to sound like defending the guy as that's not my intention. I would have liked to hear more of what he had to say before he was given the heat that his newspaper and media appearances did not exist.

Ok. Got it. In other words, a longer rope. Understood.

Thanks.

Here's a bottom line regarding Knell: he's been caught blatantly lying, over and over, fabricating stuff with absolutely no restraint, no concern for any level of rationality, stealing, engaging in DVD piracy and literary plagiarism, mail fraud, and who knows what else. He came on our show, and we asked him about his claims. His responses were either evasive or out-and-out lies. What part of this situation are folks not comprehending? Should we just ignore people like this? Not if we're trying to get some clarity, IMO. NO ONE has ever asked this guy to back anything up - when you state that you've been mentioned in the New York Times, you better be ready to back it up. Knell can't back ANY of his claims up at all. He's a compulsive liar, and a crook. If folks have problems with our outing this creep, that's just weird. Would you rather we do just nothing? Sorry, I'm not capable of being that passive. I can't stand by and twiddle my thumbs, any more than if I was standing next to someone beating up someone who is smaller/weaker than them; in that situation, I'm in the mix, it's just in my DNA.

dB

...Should we just ignore people like this? Not if we're trying to get some clarity, IMO. NO ONE has ever asked this guy to back anything up - when you state that you've been mentioned in the New York Times, you better be ready to back it up. Knell can't back ANY of his claims up at all. He's a compulsive liar, and a crook. If folks have problems with our outing this creep, that's just weird. Would you rather we do just nothing? ...

I have always been amazed by how little effort a show like C2C put into vetting its guests. It has a near-amazing array of scam artists, liars, kooks and fools, all treated with the same deference and insipidness as "legitimate" guests. If every show put in the effort we saw in this segment of The Paracast there would be NO forum for these devious and/or deluded cretins.

Gene, David and Frank are to be not only thanked for this effort but encouraged to keep it up. If the upshot is that the pool of guests is diminished to only the honest, credible and intelligent that is a very good thing. Those of us from the New York area, and of a certain age, will know what I mean when I say it reminded me of some of the very best shows of Long John Nebel. First class!

Back