• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dec. 28th show...." and stuff....".

I just have a couple of questions. Why do dolphetsla's posts reflect an unregistered status? Did he (or she) take himself out or was he TAKEN out? Was dolphetesla threatened with removal privately by Gil as he claimed? Is Gil an 'admin' of some sort with extra privileges in that regard? (There is no indication of that on the headers.) Just wondering if some people are more equal than others, or if this is a set-up to make it look that way, or what. TIA.

Gil is a mod not admin.

Gil is a mod not admin.
Ahh! Thanks. Unlike your own header, Gil's does not show that. Thanks, Gene, or the clarification that dolphetsla's exit was self-induced. So, Gil has additional privileges as a moderator, I assume. That leaves open the question if he threatened dolphetsla's account with sanctions privately, as dolphetsla indicated.

If Gil did, then I am ashamed of him and consider that an abuse of power. If he did not, a simple claim otherwise would clear his name as far as I'm concerned, though as a mere user I would have no way of checking that. Some of you can and will know the truth of the matter.

I never said that you have to give money to animal rights organizations and probably eat bean curd and veggie burgers or you are not a true 'animal lover'. You're totally putting words into my mouth.

This got taken totally out of context. I was responding to a post in which somebody said that PETA was a joke. I was showing from my own experience that that's not true, and that somebody saying that they're a BS organization is spouting nonsense... because of what they've heard secondhand. PETA does a lot of good.

And I wasn't trying to downplay anyone else's experience, or devalue their actions--just to find out what exactly everyone that says they're big animal lovers have done. Time, money, effort--it's not holier than thou--I'm just asking! What have you done?

Since that post, plenty of people have stepped up and answered my question. Like I said, it was taken out of context--I didn't mean it the way it must have come out, so I'll be the first to apologize if anyone felt that I impugned their character--that's not the reason for the post, or why I'm here.

I'll admit, I was a little stung by the PETA comment--but I've gotten used to it. Still, I think many people in this thread way overreacted, and that stung more.

Gil, there is honestly no other way one could take that post you wrote -- it was finger pointing and condescending. If you read it you will have to admit that, and you did say you may have been a little heavy. By the way, your PM was a brilliant example of how to patronizingly explain how you were not being condescending. I'm not going to drop anymore time into this discussion -- it is obvious we will never resolve our differences here about that post. I now move on.

Ahh! Thanks. Unlike your own header, Gil's does not show that. Thanks, Gene, or the clarification that dolphetsla's exit was self-induced. So, Gil has additional privileges as a moderator, I assume. That leaves open the question if he threatened dolphetsla's account with sanctions privately, as dolphetsla indicated.

If Gil did, then I am ashamed of him and consider that an abuse of power. If he did not, a simple claim otherwise would clear his name as far as I'm concerned, though as a mere user I would have no way of checking that. Some of you can and will know the truth of the matter.

You can tell by how the name is written. I only know this because I'm a mod. There is a link at the bottom of the main forum index called "forum leaders". There you can see who's a mod or admin. Gene and David are the only current admins I think. Rick Deckard was one, but hasn't been active in awhile.

I know nothing about Gil or the person who left situation. Today is the first I've read about it via this thread.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->Gil - Nobody thinks ill of you. You just came off a little off-putting in your post. We have nothing but love for you. Animal rights, like Politics and religion really stirs up a hornets nest pretty much everywhere you go.

I don't think animal rights is the issue that sparked this dust up but rather PETA's validity as an organization championing said rights. Subtle but important difference.

What's not in question here however is that Bill Knell is a sub-human troll, unworthy of even the most basic animal rights.

Thanx guys for a fabulous show! Holy cow I posted links at ATS and UFOcasebook as this a classic case study what a true fraudster is..friendly affable sounded knowledgeable and boom, the whole house of cards collapsed, and it tells people how to prevent being hoodwinked. Google and do your homework.
Dave is so smooth..charming..while sharpening the steak knives and Gene must have been setting the place mats and condiments on the table..this was precious..I am still Laughing..God forgive me..:)

And to think C2C George and Linda have been practically sending out flares in the night for people like this to appear on their show time and time again.. without even googling a check..to at least prepare for a guest, is absolutely disgraceful.

Its like eating at a dirty spoon diner. Eat at your own risk.

Kudos and thanx for the great Public Service!!!

PS..for the American Fans here , didn't Knell sound just like Knute Gingrich.
I swear.
:)

I don't think animal rights is the issue that sparked this dust up but rather PETA's validity as an organization championing said rights. Subtle but important difference.

What's not in question here however is that Bill Knell is a sub-human troll, unworthy of even the most basic animal rights.

That's outrageous, he's not a Troll.

He's a hobgoblin.

I thought that this show was funny.

I bet that guy dosent know what hit him. first he gets exposed publicly for being a Liar and then all his websites are taken away from him .:D

Priceless.

please don't compare him to a troll or hobgoblin. Being part animal, they are therefore worthy of protection.... apparently, "what's his fraud" is not worthy of being protected.

please don't compare him to a troll or hobgoblin. Being part animal, they are therefore worthy of protection.... apparently, "what's his fraud" is not worthy of being protected.

But if BK (I will no longer use The Name) does not partake of an Animal Nature, does that mean he is a Disembodied Spirit or perhaps a Being of Pure Intellect?

I fear this World has more Troubles than I had previously dreamed of.

Bugger.

But if BK (I will no longer use The Name) does not partake of an Animal Nature, does that mean he is a Disembodied Spirit or perhaps a Being of Pure Intellect?

In no way should the term "Pure Intellect" EVER be associated with that... creature...

I fear this World has more Troubles than I had previously dreamed of.

Bugger.

oh, no, no, no, no. he is not animal, nor is he vegetable. mineral is too good, as well, as minerals are useful.
perhaps ... nope. cannot think of anything nasty enough to suit his nature.

Here's something you'll all appreciate - I decided to get in touch with Alexandra Holzer, to let her know about this latest episode, and the fact that she might want to rethink her association with Knell (he's got her bio on his site, and is acting as one of her booking agents). Her reply? She doesn't care about his background, and is not worried about the negative connotation of associating with him. Make of this what you will.

dB

David,

Honestly, I doubt she even "heard" you. We know that she was pretty anti-Paracast after her appearance - no need to go into whether it was her own fault or otherwise...that's irrelevant to this point. As such, she was very unreceptive to anything you had to say to her.

As she seems like a pretty decent and honest person (even though she came across as far too trusting and naive), someone else ought to warn her away from Knell, IMO, someone she will listen to.

It's such a shame to see how incredibly gullible people can be and that such people seem very common in these circles.

You know, it's funny, I just commented elsewhere to something somewhat similar that I see all the time. There was a post on a blog where someone linked to a Hal Turner website story about how he is being persecuted by the Zionist-controlled Government. The poster said that if this guy was telling the truth, that it was a horrible injustice...what a laugh. So, I had to take a moment to ask the poster to PLEASE friggin' at the least, Google the name before you just believe and accept ANYTHING you read or that is told to you. I swear, I think people WANT to be screwed and to look stupid. It is, sadly, UNCOMMON for people to test things they are told.

James

Guys?

So, 45 minutes into the show and so far nothing but talking about the previous episode and puffing up about how great you guys are. Look, I have always liked the show and have supported you guys both monetarily and via replies in other forums, but in this episode you've degraded into acting really petty and catty.

You spent an awfully long time bashing Holzer - okay, she should be wiser, but you don't need to call her an idiot, question whether she should pro-create, and say that she deserves anything bad that comes her way???!!! Are you kidding? It takes an awful lot of anger and self-loathing to toss around comments like that so easily. Was she a good guest? No, she wasn't, but you need to let it go, man and move to make NEW shows with NEW guests and not turn people like me off by acting like catty high-school girls.

Let's get back on to smart, critical analysis of Paranormal topics, please? Please?

Guys?

So, 45 minutes into the show and so far nothing but talking about the previous episode and puffing up about how great you guys are. Look, I have always liked the show and have supported you guys both monetarily and via replies in other forums, but in this episode you've degraded into acting really petty and catty.

You spent an awfully long time bashing Holzer - okay, she should be wiser, but you don't need to call her an idiot, question whether she should pro-create, and say that she deserves anything bad that comes her way???!!! Are you kidding? It takes an awful lot of anger and self-loathing to toss around comments like that so easily. Was she a good guest? No, she wasn't, but you need to let it go, man and move to make NEW shows with NEW guests and not turn people like me off by acting like catty high-school girls.

Let's get back on to smart, critical analysis of Paranormal topics, please? Please?

I think you are talking about the 1/4/09 show. This is a Dec 28th show thread.

I heard the episode too. And I have to disagree here. I listen to the paracast because of fact that the hosts to not pull punches. The comment about Holzer regarding 'anything bad' that comes her way was obviously meant in the context of her ignoring warnings about dealing with Bill Knell and anything bad that could come out of that action -- her own action -- not some general wish of ill will against her, as you seem to suggest. The other things are just ways of banging home a point. Get real.

Digigeek James,

If it's any consolation to you, that episode was perhaps my least favorite to record. I really wanted to take a week off, but Gene kept insisting we do a show, and the results are the disaster you heard. Outside of the GREAT musical interlude, it was a stinker, and so you know, I strongly urged my lovely girlfriend to skip this episode (she's the show's biggest fan). We haven't taken a break in almost three years, and we really, truly needed one this week. So go ahead and send hate mail to Gene, it's his fault you had to sit through this mess.

Oh, and for the record, I think Holzer is an ignorant fool, not an idiot. Sorry if I messed that up.

dB

Digigeek,

If it's any consolation to you, that episode was perhaps my least favorite to record. I really wanted to take a week off, but Gene kept insisting we do a show, and the results are the disaster you heard. Outside of the GREAT musical interlude, it was a stinker, and so you know, I strongly urged my lovely girlfriend to skip this episode (she's the show's biggest fan). We haven't taken a break in almost three years, and we really, truly needed one this week. So go ahead and send hate mail to Gene, it's his fault you had to sit through this mess.

dB
Yes, ladies and gentleman, when something goes wrong, it's always my fault. :D

I think you are talking about the 1/4/09 show. This is a Dec 28th show thread.

... -- not some general wish of ill will against her, as you seem to suggest. The other things are just ways of banging home a point. Get real.

1) Yep, I am referring to 1/4, my bad, so to speak.

2) Get real? I'm as real as it gets, baby.

1) Yep, I am referring to 1/4, my bad, so to speak.

2) Get real? I'm as real as it gets, baby.

I have to admit the show was not up to par in whole, but I really don't want these guys to slack off and lose their edge in fear of 'offending' someone.

Back