• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dec 18th Tim Beckley

I enjoyed this show. The fact Crowley was mentioned peaked my curiosity. It's been my personal suspicion that all paranormal and UFO activity is a spiritual in origin. I feel people like Crowley, Parsons, as well as countless others throughout history indeed know how to contact the other dimension. Throw in government involvement, hidden gnostic texts from the elite secret societies and it's no wonder manifestations have exploded. I suggest Gene and Chris try to get a guest who can explain things like the Kabbalah and the use of black magic. I don't recall a Paracast episode exploring the UFO phenomenon from this perspective.

No paranormal things going on with Uri and his aliens from Hoobah (or whatever its called).

When these things are used for or presented in the entertainment framework, I think it is a strong indication of their unreality. Uri Geller has always been an entertainer with a cult-like following.

Here is the The Amazing Kreskin, one of the greatest mentalists of all time.

I just really enjoy listening to Gene and other guys like Mr. Beckley talk about cases, events, and personalities from the past that they personally met, knew, or witnessed. Thanks, Gene and Chris!

Here is the The Amazing Kreskin, one of the greatest mentalists of all time.

Wow. Nice one, thanks again. What amazes me most is that he is essentially saying that at least as a child he did have what you might call paranormal abilities. We do have a few mentalists in Germany, and they'll show you "mindreading" tricks where allegedly there is no way they could have cheated but in the end they always say "There's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happening here, it's all just tricks, or a refined ability to observe people closely. Nothing supernatural" . And these are sometimes things, where they don't even provide the props (like books from which a word has to be chosen, which could be manipulated).

A "trick" you see sometimes is very much like one of the SRI tests with Geller. The volunteer draws something he thinks of and the mentalist somehow comes up with a similar drawing. There is allegedly no way the mentalist could have seen that image, wether by means of a mirror or a camera. No third person has seen it, it's not shown to the audience and the volunteer keeps it sealed until the mentalist asks him to show it. So IMO the only way to use trickery here is to have the volunteer be an accomplice. I don't know about TV shows and stuff (I guess they wouldn't mind a little fraudulent behaviour because, "you know, it's all just entertainment" :rolleyes: but in the case of the SRI experiments... well, I can't see Geller, Targ, Puthoff and Mitchell all in the same conspiracy to fool peole.

And yet these mentalists (in my country) will go "I can't tell you the secrets of our trade" (there seems to be even a mentalist or illusionist society overseeing that) "but it's all totally explainable and not paranormal". I sometimes wonder if the public opinion here in Germany being absolutely opposed to things like Psi, UFOs and stuff (sometimes aggressively so) has something to do with it.

I might be dreaming this or i am having a bad case of weird "Deja Vu" lol But was that interview aired before now? I've only listened to ten minutes, but i have heard those stories been told before. Please tell me i am not going crazy lol

I guess Mr Beckley has been on the paracst before. Or if you mean the MIB lady, I think she has been on another podcast some time ago.

Back