• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Death on Mars! Dr. John Brandenburg returns to the Paracast

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Here is the new proof of a nuclear catastrophe on Mars! In an epic story of discovery, strong evidence is presented in John Brandenburg's latest book, Death on Mars, for a dead Martian civilization and the shocking reason for its demise: an ancient planetary-scale nuclear massacre leaving isotopic traces of vast explosions that endure to our present age.

The story told by a wide range of Mars data is now clear. Mars was once Earth-like in climate, with an ocean and rivers, and for a long period became home to both plant and animal life, including a humanoid civilization. Then, for unfathomable reasons, a massive thermo-nuclear explosion ravaged the centers of the Martian civilization and destroyed the biosphere of the planet. But the story does not end there. This tragedy may explain Fermi's Paradox, the fact that the cosmos, seemingly so fertile and with so many planets suitable for life, is as silent as a graveyard. We must immediately send astronauts to Mars to maximize our knowledge of what happened there, and learn how to avoid Mars’ fate. Or, so say's author John Brandenburg.

John E. Brandenburg Ph.D. is a veteran plasma physicist and the Senior Propulsion Scientist at Orbital Technologies Corporation in Madison, Wisconsin. He is the author of Beyond Einstein’s Unified Field, Life and Death on Mars and Cosmic Jesus. He appears on various radio and television talk shows and lives in Madison, WI. Death on Mars is his fourth book.

We will be taping Thursday. February 12. Please post your QUESTIONS here!

Hi Gene, Chris and Dr Brandenburg,

1. Dr Brandenburg having listen to you on a open minded science podcast which you discussed your hypothesis about Mars what has the reaction been to your theory about our past history of the universe. Also currently reading your fictional book on the UFO Coverup (hope its made into a movie ) which is very intresting and speculating do you think there is a real agreement between superpowers having treaty regarding threats from unkowns from space? As mentioned by late US President Ronald Regan speech at the United Nations. Speculating, how many military or civil devices are armed allready in Earths orbit facing outerspace ?

2. Dr Brandenburg , speculating how many planets in our solar system maybe hold organic life ? Also speculating your thoughts on what happened to the British/European spacecraft Beagle on Mars?

3. Gene, Chris and Dr Brandenburg , whats your thoughts on UFOs/paranormal study in general?

Mars was once Earth-like in climate, with an ocean and rivers, and for a long period became home to both plant and animal life, including a humanoid civilization.
1) If Earth was destroyed by all out nuclear war, then the evidence would be seen from space from the same type of satellites we have now for a billion or more years. [The erosion on Mars is far lower.] The camera resolution on the Mars rovers is better than our spy satellites and can do close-up images better than the human eye can see. Rovers see better, eat no food, need no life-support, produce no waste, do not contaminate Mars with Earth organisms, can be exposed 24/7, and do it for years to come. Humans can't do any of that. Can you explain away that reasoning, and why we need to spend hundreds of billions of dollars more for humans to do it with far less efficiency at such extreme costs?

2) Given that water is found on the Moon and it is far less costly to build and maintain and travel there, then why shouldn't humans establish a permanent base on the Moon first? We can learn from our mistakes more safely and cheaply and then go to Mars.

3) Given that humans could launch nuclear weapons at Mars and destroy any bases there too I think we need to take care of planet Earth first and maintain the peace here, because Mars and the Moon are very inhospitable places for humans to survive there. Why not save hundreds of billions of dollars and the costly human resources to do it to save Earth first?

Last edited:
1. if this all does come to pass, Mars is seen as a viable target for a human colony, and we are ready to launch the first colonists, what government/government organization, corporation, etc. do you think will be behind sending the colonists? will it be a government thing, or could it be privately sponsored? maybe both?

Q. I believe various surface pictures of Mars - including Cydonia - have been analysed with software that can state with some certainty, the likelihood of any patterns/structures in the picture being natural or artificial. I believe the 'face' and some other surface features scored very highly for being artificial.
Could you please comment on this please Dr Brandenburg?

Q. Despite (I think) NASA's best efforts to debunk totally the 'Face on Mars' in the Cydonia region, having released more recent images that seem to show less human features and symmetry overall, I am personally not swayed to date because in my opinion, just the perimeter outline of the face, still very visible in the newer pictures, has very pronounced symmetry about a central vertical axis. The part that corresponds to the human jaw is curved and when taken together with the overall outline, I believe it still strongly suggests an artificial structure.]
What are your own thoughts on the supposed face, NASA's explanations and the possible strong symmetry that I have pointed out?

Q. In quite a number of official NASA photos, there seem to be surface features that look very like some kind of vegetation. Whether it is or not, I've yet to hear a convincing explanation of how such features could be geological or due to weathering forces. What is your opinion of these features?

Have any peer-reviewed scientific journals confirmed these findings?

What are his thoughts on other so called Mars experts Mike Bara and Hoagland?

1. How have your peers in physics and astronomy responded to your work (e.g. ridicule, encouragement)?
  2. What got you interested in looking at Mars in the first place?
  3. How does your work on Mars relate to the research/technical work you do now?
Thank you.

Hi fellas. What a great guest - have very much enjoyed listening to Dr John's earlier appearances on here and Don Ecker's show in the past, and am really looking forward to this one. I have two unrelated questions:

1. In Dr Brandenburg's opinion, do the possible "circadian rhythms" identified in the Viking data by Joseph Miller originate from microbial life?
2. How far off are we from a commercially viable hybrid fusion-fission reactor, something proposed by Dr Brandenburg in the past?

1. how would Dr Brandenburg characterise the scientific orthodoxy response to his ideas?
2. If there has been silence or a weak response, can he speculate as to why this might be the case?
3. What is the best challenge or criticism of his ideas, who did it come from, and what can be done by way of further research or investigation to rebut that criticism?

Dr. Brandenburg you have said, “It is possible the Fermi Paradox means that our interstellar neighborhood contains forces hostile to young, noisy, civilizations such as ourselves?"
Fermi concluded on the basis of his calculations that we ought to have been visited long ago and many times over.
1. Given that there is a civilization advanced enough to travel vast distances and have the ability to 'nuke' another planetary civilization out of existence. Why would they destroy the biosphere of said planet, when as an advanced civilization they could merely use something like nano-technology and introduce a virus or some other disease that is genetically tailored to wipe out the offending intelligent race.
2. Given that Fermi was right in his famous outburst of, "Where are they?" Indeed where are they, this hostile interstellar force to be reckoned with?
In conclusion I find your theory very thought provoking and interesting but I always wrestle with the idea of any civilization advanced enough to gobble up the vastness of space or shift dimensions or time travel as needing to resort to things like nukes or scooping out pockets of flesh for DNA when a swab of spit will do or crashing in the desert when you pretty much have to have never break technology to accomplish any of the things we attribute to an advanced civilization.

Back