• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Biedny appreciation station

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyingsun

Paranormal Adept
I really really enjoy the guest hosts thus far, thanks to Paul and Frank again, but I guess I'm not the only one missing Davids critique I guess.Call me a 'fan boy' of the show (which I find hilarious btw, calling someone 29 years old a 'boy' speaks for itself...), but I really enjoy it and dB is missing ...

I would love to see dB come back. On the flip side, I am not missing him as much as I thought I would. Maybe in the future I will. Good luck dB, I wish you well.

I agree the show is still great, but I miss the unrelenting discernment that David adds to the interviews.

I love the show, and have been a regular listener to the programme for two years now. Some people have posted in different threads, that David hasn't not been missed, Bollocks to that, i personally think it is a real loss to this show that David left. I support Gene don't get me wrong, and i like said above will remain a regular listener until the show ends.

Personally, I think it is a mistake to have UFO Magazine as an avertiser and have Bill Birnes coming back to the Paracast. I fear the Paracast is going to become another Coast to Coast, Unknown Country, or other similar garbage. I hope I am wrong.

If he were to appear on The Paracast, we would not be shy about asking the hard questions.

I find it interesting that Bill would return as an advertiser. I am not surprised Gene has allowed him to return. Gene is a stand up guy. And very smart.

I find it interesting that Bill would return as an advertiser. I am not surprised Gene has allowed him to return. Gene is a stand up guy. And very smart.

I have to admit, I was shocked to hear the UFO Mag ad. But, in earnest, I think you have to admit that UFO Magazine is a paranormal periodical (how's that for alliteration?) and the Paracast is certainly a show about the paranormal. Although I still hold little regard for Bill Birnes after the last few years of his antics, I think we can at least marginally distinguish between UFO Magazine and Bill himself.

I mean, although there are a host of sleaze balls writing in the magazine, contributors also include the likes of Stanton Friedman, Kevin Randle, and George Knapp.

I am still uneasy about it. But, perhaps because I love The Paracast so much and know that money is tight, I can swallow the bitter pill, knowing that the ad money helps.

Without going into the technical details, we also exchange ads with different companies from time to time to expand the audience. I would love to see more paid ads of course. :)

I have personally enjoyed the rotating host format, and if David choses to come back, even as a rotating host, his return would be very much welcomed.

As I mentioned on another thread, given the problems surrounding Dr. Jacobs (and perhaps the other abduction researchers), now more than ever it is important for shows like the Paracast to put forward "realist" researchers and investigators to help fill any "voids" created as a result of Dr. Jacobs' troubles (which I believe to be more significant than may appear at first glance). Absent this, I suspect the charlatans take up even more of the UFO stage over time. This may present an opportunity for the broader UFO community to spend less time on abductions and more time on one or more realist investigators, not to become celebrities in their own right but has a well organized countermovement to all the mumbo-jumbo (creative distruction). The rotating host format may be one small step in this direction, although ideally someone would organize a realist UFO conference which attracted the attention of the broader UFO community and its newcomers.

Personally, I think it is a mistake to have UFO Magazine as an avertiser and have Bill Birnes coming back to the Paracast. I fear the Paracast is going to become another Coast to Coast, Unknown Country, or other similar garbage. I hope I am wrong.

While I "understand" your points I don't feel they are valid. First Because Coast To Coast was a trail blazer and as such was not "garbage." They are still able to get top names in the field and although Norry drives me crazy (I quit streamlink) I still have to give credit for what Art Bell started. Whitley Strieber also drives me nuts at times but he is very passionate and "I" think very sincere about what he does. there is room for all and I find The Paracast to be a great show. But, I don't "not" listen to ohter shows out of some misguided loyalty to a podcast. It's like baseball and football. I hear people try to elevate one sport above the other. I just go out and enjoy both. I still remember people saying things like "I only read Stephen King" or some other writer. To bad cause they miss alot. So, chill and just enjoy the ride. The "paranormal" will always (like religion) have it's huskters and charlatans. But it will always have those searching for the truth. Ya gotta keep trying to seperate "signal from noise."

While I "understand" your points I don't feel they are valid. First Because Coast To Coast was a trail blazer and as such was not "garbage." They are still able to get top names in the field and although Norry drives me crazy (I quit streamlink) I still have to give credit for what Art Bell started. Whitley Strieber also drives me nuts at times but he is very passionate and "I" think very sincere about what he does. there is room for all and I find The Paracast to be a great show. But, I don't "not" listen to ohter shows out of some misguided loyalty to a podcast. It's like baseball and football. I hear people try to elevate one sport above the other. I just go out and enjoy both. I still remember people saying things like "I only read Stephen King" or some other writer. To bad cause they miss alot. So, chill and just enjoy the ride. The "paranormal" will always (like religion) have it's huskters and charlatans. But it will always have those searching for the truth. Ya gotta keep trying to seperate "signal from noise."

The originator of this format was actually Long John Nebel, back in the 1950s. All night talk radio, with an emphasis on the paranormal and extreme political viewpoints. That was way ahead of Art Bell, who is mostly a successor to Long John.

The originator of this format was actually Long John Nebel, back in the 1950s. All night talk radio, with an emphasis on the paranormal and extreme political viewpoints. That was way ahead of Art Bell, who is mostly a successor to Long John.

Your right Gene. Not many left that were b4 my time these days. Long John was a little before I started listening. But I have heard him thanks to archive.org and other places on the internet. I don't think the U.F.O. field lends itself well at this time to experts. It's mainly people looking up in the sky or having lucid dreams or life experience. Nothing wrong with that but it's maddening (I would suspect)if you are a nuts and bolts test tube science type. I support the Paracast and will continue to do so. But, I also enjoy some of the guest on Coast and I also think Strieber is a sincere searcher. Off the wall at times but sincere. I'm one of those folks who maintain a skeptical attitude while still having hope that some day before I pass on something will show itself to be true and fantastic at the same time. Until, then I'll remain a "gotta see it to really believe it" hopeful searcher. Some things are truly beyond my ability to understand. Life after death ( I hope it's true) Life on other planets, parrallel universe, time travel, Deja Vue all over again. I really think we are more than the random firings of a dying brain. But, like most I honestly don' t know. Not for sure anyway.

I'm still enjoying the show immensely, and I'm sure everybody's favorite angry human will come back to co-host from time to time. I really do miss him. I'd also like to recommend the wonderful Peter Robbins to also step in if you need a co-host Gene. I can't believe I overlooked him in my original poll. He has wit and a ton of experience , not to mention an excellent and articulate style.

PS. The Rendelshem Forest Incident has an anniversary event this year. How cool would it be to get a Rendelshem round-table going with Peter, some key witnesses and a couple of guys like Redfern and chums.

I was really caught off guard hearing the UFO Magazine commercial. Two weeks after dB's gone and Birnes is back, advertising away? A little suspicious to me. Plus, I thought it very distasteful to hear "If you're a friend of Genes, you're a friend of mine"!! What if I'm a friend of David's, Bill? Do I still get the discount on your magazine? Huh? Or do I hear you slamming the phone in my ear!?

Not suspicious at all. We just want to reach more potential listeners. As a friend of David's I'm sure he'd be delighted to have your order. :)

Of course the charming thing about Long John was that he didn't believe a word of what his guests were saying and he and his panelists would often (but not always) poke merciless fun at the guest. Still undoubtedly the Party Line (as the show was called) was a huge influence on the UFO community, being heard all across the country. It certainly launched the "career" of Howard Menger and contributed to the success of his famous New Jersey conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back