• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cryptoterrestrials - upcoming show

P

Paul Kimball

Gene will be taping an episode this Wednesday with Nick Redfern, Greg Bishop and yours truly wherein we discuss Mac Tonnies' final work, The Cryptoterrestrials. If you have anything in particular you want us to cover, let me know.

Paul

Gene will be taping an episode this Wednesday with Nick Redfern, Greg Bishop and yours truly wherein we discuss Mac Tonnies' final work, The Cryptoterrestrials. If you have anything in particular you want us to cover, let me know.

Paul

And, knowing it's a thankless task, Paul has graciously agreed to help out as a forum moderator. We're still looking for more volunteers, by the way.

I greatly look forward to Wednesday's taping. Mac's final work was exceptional and worth not just one show, but several. Others are being set up as we speak. :)

Happy to help, Gene.

And yes, Mac is going to finally get the attention he deserves (and it won't be just The Cryptoterrestrials) - sadly, it will be posthumous, but his work, his ideas, and his way of thinking will carry on.

Paul

I felt the Paracast had gone through a dip in the past few weeks. Subject matter, guests and enthusiasm seemed a little deflated. Maybe it's just the winter blues? Maybe it's just me? Who knows?

The upcoming shows look to be breaking out of that and promise to be back to business...the Tonnies show is an example of this. Cool guests and a smoking subject...CTs. :)

One of Mac's strands of thought speculates that CTs have somehow pre-dated our own evolution. The upshot of which is that they have the headstart on our evolution and are thus more advanced technologically. That area of his ideas doesn't appeal to me...

The possibility that some intelligence (possibly CT) is present under our oceans is definitely thought-provoking. On a Paracast interview, a guest suggested around 70/80% of UFO reports occur in or near the ocean. 70% or so of Earth is covered in water so probability dictates most sightings would be near water. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of the guests on this show regarding the ocean connection.

Mac mentioned in passing during one of his interviews (maybe his Binnall of America apperance?) that Nick Redfern had come across some declassified military documents relating to humanoids on an island in the Pacific spotted during World War 2. It's not mentioned in the book, but I'd be intrigued to know more about this.
The folkloric aspect has been fairly well documented/discussed previously, but what's out there in terms of supporting evidence in terms of anomalous fossils, artifacts, etc (if anything) would be an interesting discussion.

I felt the Paracast had gone through a dip in the past few weeks. Subject matter, guests and enthusiasm seemed a little deflated. Maybe it's just the winter blues? Maybe it's just me? Who knows?

The upcoming shows look to be breaking out of that and promise to be back to business...the Tonnies show is an example of this. Cool guests and a smoking subject...CTs. :)

One of Mac's strands of thought speculates that CTs have somehow pre-dated our own evolution. The upshot of which is that they have the headstart on our evolution and are thus more advanced technologically. That area of his ideas doesn't appeal to me...

The possibility that some intelligence (possibly CT) is present under our oceans is definitely thought-provoking. On a Paracast interview, a guest suggested around 70/80% of UFO reports occur in or near the ocean. 70% or so of Earth is covered in water so probability dictates most sightings would be near water. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of the guests on this show regarding the ocean connection.

Interesting post; the Grey when i picture this creature in my head based on peoples descriptions. I Think often could the Grey's habitant be water; if this being is really a living creature. The blue, grey skin, pods on the fingers, black eyes starved of sunlight could explain why it looks like it does if it was a water based lifeform of some kind.

when you think of the water idea, it makes sense, ie, sooner or later a land entrance would be discovered, if only because of increased land use, surveying techniques improving, all kinds of reasons.

put a large entrance/exit under water, and you can come and go as you please from there, and enter the surface atmosphere from any safe, unobserved spot in the ocean.

ya, that makes much more sense.

sooner or later a land entrance would be discovered, if only because of increased land use, surveying techniques improving, all kinds of reasons.

I agree that a significant aspect of the UFO question that is often overlooked is the ocean, which covers well over 70% of the planet. However, as anyone who has ever visited Africa can tell you (or a place like Puerto Rico, with its dense, unpopulated forests), there's still plenty of places on the surface where entrances could be located / hidden.

Paul

It would be cool to get Dr.Richard Sauder of " Underground bases " on, as he might be able to shed some ideas regarding entities living under the Earth. So looking forward to this show , thanks Paul for organizing it.

It would be cool to get Dr.Richard Sauder of " Underground bases " on, as he might be able to shed some ideas regarding entities living under the Earth. So looking forward to this show , thanks Paul for organizing it.

All credit to Gene for bringing us together. :)

Intriguing. Maybe get Michael Mott on there too?

Paul, you're volunteering to help us with that one, right? :D

Interesting post; the Grey when i picture this creature in my head based on peoples descriptions. I Think often could the Grey's habitant be water; if this being is really a living creature. The blue, grey skin, pods on the fingers, black eyes starved of sunlight could explain why it looks like it does if it was a water based lifeform of some kind.

I wouldn't make that connection - if you need to make a reference to the speculative beings it sort of contradicts the water environment - being upright on bipeds would be structurally more suited to land based, pods on fingers (no humour intended) - would only function providing there was ability in creating a vacuum - i.e. in gaseous/moist environments, sunlight only penetrates a small percentage of surface water - deep ocenonic creatures should not have eyes (especially if you suspect them to blink).

I sort of doubt earth cryptoterrestrials (that being, of the intellectual sort which this show refers to), technology requires energy - and the most abundant and varied forms of it are resourced on planetary surfaces/sub surfaces - it also is the area where the vast array of chemical reactions can and do take place, in all phases - liquid/solid and gaseous. Also, if the ability has been made to cross the boundary to the surface and the air, then habitats must grow and not stay hidden.

I'm still prefering the solar-terrestrial theory.

I agree that a significant aspect of the UFO question that is often overlooked is the ocean, which covers well over 70% of the planet. However, as anyone who has ever visited Africa can tell you (or a place like Puerto Rico, with its dense, unpopulated forests), there's still plenty of places on the surface where entrances could be located / hidden.

Paul

If you accept our co-habitants have been surfacing for millenia, you would think that some sort of evidence would show on or around the land egress after all that time; water reverts to its natural state once any force acting upon it is removed. (a bit longer for a tsunami, or in Newfoundland... ;) ), so yes, we have lots of areas on land where an entrance could be disguised, but I prefer the water camouflage more, as a possible option.

Although, all that being said, if they have the technology to do what they have been credited with doing so far, who's to say they aren't hiding in plain sight now anyway, and they could likely hide any traces of themselves with little or no effort.

But if you are going on a personal preference, I would vote for the water idea.

Q.1 I would like to know what type of Cryptoterrestrials creature can actualy growls and is able to blow air and which makes your hair move ( no not my wife) and must have some form which can hide in a cloaking deveice of sorts?

Cheers,
blowfish

Just finished recording the episode with Gene, Greg, Nick, and the "spirit" of Crypto Mac T. That was the most fun I've ever had doing a radio show... tied with the Radio Misterioso episode Mac and I did with Greg in LA back in '06. Thanks for the input, folks - we did our best to reference the discussions on the Paracast forums so far about the book.

halifax%202006..jpg

The other three "Challengers of the Unknown" in Halifax, NS, 2006.
pencil.png

Back