• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cryptoterrestrials - upcoming show

Gene will be taping an episode this Wednesday with Nick Redfern, Greg Bishop and yours truly wherein we discuss Mac Tonnies' final work, The Cryptoterrestrials. If you have anything in particular you want us to cover, let me know.

Paul

My question: What makes the cryptoterrestrial hypothesis unique and seperate from Keel's ultraterrestrial hypothesis? I admit I have not yet read the book but from reading the accounts of people who have read the book and who are familiar with Keel's ultraterrestrials, the feeling seems to be that the cryptoterrestrial hypthesis is just a repackaging of Keel's ultraterrestrials. If this turns out to be the case then Tonnies deserves no credit, despite his unfortunate passing.

And just for the record, Keel never ruled out that ultraterrestrials may be an advanced humanoid race that evolved on earth either before us or along with us, although he did seem to favor beings existing beyond the four dimensions we inhabit.

The Cryptoterrestrial Hypothesis could be considered kind of mid-way between the nuts and bolts Extraterrestrial Hypothesis and Keel's idea of a Superspectrum or Vallee's notion of fractal beings. Keel did seem to weigh up the idea of a sister species in the likes of "Our Haunted Planet" but seemed to move away from the idea in later years. The indigenous humanoid idea even pre-dates Keel, if you look at the Shaver Mystery and so on, and Tonnies quite openly acknowedged his debt to the likes of Keel etc. However, what I think is unique is his perspective on the idea, bringing looking at it from a more technological, less supernatural angle. He also acknowledged contemporaries who came up with similar conculsions (such as Wm Michael Mott).
Personally, I think he deserves credit for an engaging, well thought out, well written book.
(Btw, show's been recorded now, maybe one of the participants can throw any light on whether this was discussed?)

Hi Gene, Paul, Nick and Greg,
The Cryptoterrestrial hypothesis is very interesting and Mac Tonnies book 'The cryptoterrestrials' (2010) discusses the indigenous humanoids methods of practicing telepathic signals through magnetic waves:eek: and could this have any correlation to vehicle interference:eek: contacts and lost time. In addition, Mr Nick Redfern and Mr Greg Bishop give excellent parts in this masterpiece:) of work which should be must for all readers in this sometimes crazy subject of Ufology.:D

Ja Love,
blowfish

Back