• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Croatia (1967)

ddd999

King of Mars
Something from my homeland. Croatia was back than part of Yugoslavia.
Croatian National TV recently made documentary about this incident (witnesses account, police transcripts,etc).

Here's the case in the nutshell:

A triangular odd-behaving flying object appeared in the Pag island (Croatia) skies in 1967. First witnesses were people living in the Kunteja area, not far from the building where police station used to be.

From time to time it appeared that the triangular flying object was heading for the ground and that it was going to land,” said one of the witnesses, M. N. “It was triangular with a square ending at the top of each corner, and it glowed in different colors, from red through bluish to green. It was something very unusual and beautiful.”

ufo1967qg7.jpg

Retired policeman, active in 1967, confirmed that the military and police authorities in charge in Zagreb (capital of Croatia) were notified immediately.

The fact that many witnesses, who were children at the time, remembered every detail about the event years later goes to show how impressive the 1967 happening was. The witness accounts were unanimous in everything – the way it moved, its shape and the way it changed colors – without a single inconsistency.

A retired policeman, active at the time, told later:
"There was a big fuss, sure as hell, people gathered, everyone came to watch it, and how wouldn’t they when that thing that showed up was like nothing anyone saw before. We thought this and that, who knows what it is, but nobody could tell us what it was.
It was something in the shape of a triangle, it had lights all over, on the corners of the triangle, and from its bottom it shined something out, like some color. It was moving, but it wasn’t even like an airplane, wasn’t like anything else. Like it was running in the sky, one minute here, the next there."
map_of_croatia.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post this, fascinating stuff!

Having watched the documentary, did you find the witnesses credible?

Mr. Bilic is one cool dude indeed. I believe we play England soon... good luck (but I hope we win)! ;)

About documentary... it was very well done and presented all sides of the argument. Only one witness went in front of the camera and I didn't find any reason to doubt him. The most incredible piece of evidence was original recording of the conversation between two police patrols that were looking at the object from two different locations. Chilling stuff.

Also the official explanation at the time that it was a weather balloon was/is utterly ridiculous... I guess that's why Zagreb scrambled two fighter jets from the nearby Army airport (near town of Zadar)...

Mr. Bilic is one cool dude indeed. I believe we play England soon... good luck (but I hope we win)! ;)

quote]

The English national team is a disgrace. But I suppose thats what you get when you have 11 millionares running round on a football field.:rolleyes:

I always follow Croatias progress in the International Arena as they never dissapoint.

I support newcastle united and i like croatia they play very good football. I love if bilic became our manager since kevin keegan has resigned from us. Pass on the word if there is any croatian on this forums:D

I'm still in shock! :eek:
England sure did execute a revenge… beating the team that ended their hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008. :D

Bloody hell... well done, I suppose. :rolleyes:

I'm still in shock! :eek:
England sure did execute a revenge… beating the team that ended their hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008. :D

Bloody hell... well done, I suppose.
Lets hope all teams end up in the World Cup, we can have a little party then to celebrate,:cool: which one off ye guys is buying.:D

Shut yer trap(attoni)! :D

Our game yesterday ... umm...it was just a blip... ... a glitch in the matrix... .... let's just pretend it never happend... ummm la la la la...

;)[/quote Trapattoni brillant manager. I can really see a difference in the team now, he is Italian , But i guess you cant win them all:D

Back