• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

COVID-19 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
More facts about the consequences to the unvaccinated in states with the lowest number of vaccinations:

Now some will attack CNN because of Trump's fake claim that it is "fake news." Just remember that, almost any time Trump accused someone of something, he, in fact, was guilty of that accusation.

Here, in an admission to a CBS reporter, Trump admits the real reason he uses the term "fake news":

Remember, Trump is guilty of that of which he accuses others. So when he cries "fake news," he is, in fact, trying to cover up his own attempts to generate fake news by lying. When he screams "election fraud," it is a scheme to cover up his efforts to use fraud and deceit to overturn a legitimate election.

The European Commission has opened a site for re-enabling travel and normal life:
Re-open EU

In the end the outcome is positive, although very, very slow.

It will happen eventually, but it could have happened earlier except for the current political posturing and crazy behavior.

Tell me about it. The unvaccinated have kept whole societies under siege. I find hard time approving that.

If such people are thinking that mandates represent authoritarian moves, they need to look in their mirrors and realize it is their behavior that has forced such policies when it comes to vaccines.

When I remind these people that vaccine mandates date back to the Revolutionary War, and other steps to enforce them over the centuries, the anti-vaxxers can't provide logical responses.

My wife I were vaccinated because we want to be healthy and protect ourselves — as much as possible — from getting sick. At 76, with a heart condition of undetermined seriousness, I don't need to make myself any more vulnerable than I am already. I am actually going to consider a third or booster shot when the Moderna vaccine is approved for such treatments.

My wife I were vaccinated because we want to be healthy and protect ourselves — as much as possible — from getting sick. At 76, with a heart condition of undetermined seriousness, I don't need to make myself any more vulnerable than I am already. I am actually going to consider a third or booster shot when the Moderna vaccine is approved for such treatments.

You should. Here all risk groups are already lined up for 3rd shot (its Pfizer here). Myself (as a middle-aged person) I'm seeing if it mutates enough, and if so, there will be new mRNA version.

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated​

So this is where people are going to start seeing the results of falling for the common statistical-fallacy based arguments. As the percentages of vaccinated increase, the percentage of the vaccinated becoming carriers will outnumber those of the unvaccinated, as will the numbers in hospitals, and then it will become a "pandemic of the vaccinated" where people will have no choice but admit that the real problem all along has been a crappy healthcare system that is unprepared to deal with the caseload.

Our best hope is that the virus itself will fizzle-out according to the way they normally do, and any new variants will be less harmful. In the meantime stay healthy, use available supplements to reduce the impact of any infection, and practice strategies to avoid infection. My doctor here referred me to a paper that found that fresh ( not dried or powdered ) ginger reduces the virus's ability to stick to lung tissue. Slice off a thin piece, remove the peel, chop it into small chunks, and pour some boiling water over them, add a couple of tablespoons of lemonade concentrate, and you have a tasty ginger tea. Sip it cold or hot throughout the day, take additional vitamins C & D, echinacea and ginseng are immune boosters too.

In the meantime, many vaccinated people share the belief that mandates, passports, firings, ect, are unethical and the resistance against that on a fair minded level needs advocates. We need to get through to people, not force them or make them feel stupid for not getting it. Thanks @Gene Steinberg for allowing these posts, despite your present position. I continue to hope that at some point we will once again find ourselves aligned with a common cause. Stay well.

As much as I disagree with you on the health issue, we do have a common cause: The truth about our paranormal universe.

Stay healthy my friend.

On the other hand, most of your positions have been refuted over and over. Vaccines aren't perfect, an the story from Massachusetts is months old, old news. Let's just say you are many times more apt to be hospitalized and die from COVID if you don't vaccinate. That itself should be reason enough to do the logical and scientific thing.

The anti-vaccine arguments have grown tiresome. Consider people in ICU beds begging nurses to vaccinate them when they are dying. It's too late for them.

Guys, aren't we now already in the situation that we want to OPEN the society, not close it?

Currently, Sweden will be all open on wednesday.

But not in Finland, the vaccine rates are stalling. The hell stays.

Amid all the nonsense from the anti-vax crowd, here is the problem:

In other words, if you are unvaccinated, you have a much greater chance of getting COVID, getting hospitalized and dying. Period. There is NO other argument left.

Amid all the nonsense from the anti-vax crowd, here is the problem:

In other words, if you are unvaccinated, you have a much greater chance of getting COVID, getting hospitalized and dying. Period. There is NO other argument left.

Actually the chance of getting covid has nothing to do with being vaccinated or unvaccinated. It has to with whether or not you are exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus – nothing else. Getting hospitalized because of COVID as opposed to with COVID also affects the statistical argument, plus the vast majority of people who get COVID don't need hospitalization. Many don't even get serious symptoms, and the stats on those dying "from" COVID as opposed to "with" COVID are also dubious, and leave out all the collateral deaths from the management measures.

In the end, all your arguments are either plain wrong, misleading, or fail on ethical grounds. That being said, no solution is going to be perfect, so there are going to be deaths and suffering regardless. So the question then becomes one of weighing other important factors about the kind of society we want to live in. Do we want an authoritarian regime that forces pharmaceutical injections on its population? Or do we respect the rights and freedoms of individuals and accept the risks that go along with that — I'm obviously in the latter camp.

Here's one for @Bob Zanotti

Switzerland: Police Unleash Rubber Bullets, Water Cannons on Vax Passport Protesters

Your conclusions about all this continue to be off-kilter.

I gave you a very simple set of stats, and have amplified it over and over again. In the U.S., ICU beds are stuffed with COVID-19 sufferers. People with other conditions that require ICU beds are facing problems getting proper treatment. These are the facts.

By the stats I've provided, you are far more likely to get COVID if you are unvaccinated, and when you do, it'll be far more serious.

There is nothing unethical about it, and the facts and arguments are demonstrably correct.

You can assert what you want, but the rights and freedoms of individuals cannot inflict upon the rights and freedoms of other individuals, particularly when it comes to a contagious disease. I'm surprised you still don't get it.

It seems I have to repeat stories like this again:

It's yet another state where anti-vaxxers held sway.

I posted because I trust the source and I feel the collateral damage from mandates will be way worse than letting things progress voluntarily. Why is it fair for a soldier, serving our country, to get a life altering dishonorable discharge because he doesn't want the shot?

Your link doesn't work and was removed.

Long and short is that soldiers have to obey their commanders, unless being asked to do something illegal. Period. That's how the system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back