• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

COVID-19 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and one of the things we westeners haven't discussed much, is the fact that also the poor countries have to vaccinated, just as we did with Polio. Currently it looks like it cannot be done in time, and COVID will be with us for years to come.

Here in Finland, gov donated all AZ and J&J vaxx to the UN COVAX program, as they are not used for local population. (Yes, I guess it sound bit suspect, as AZ was taken off the local program as too risky... J&J never made the cut here, but they purchased few million shots anycase)

Following the COVAX will be a key point in the coming year. If you want to donate to charity, that is a great pointer.

Fox
What a rabbit hole this one is. I've been backed up on my listening since the Thomas Morrison episode, because I'd like to devote time to that one. I've listened to bits and pieces of more recent episodes, like the Ryan Sprague last week. It had appeared that Randle was taking a back seat and then there were finally guest hosts. Plus, some update of Chrome had kept the account I use to track Paracast emails turned off.

Wow, I checked the Paracast updates today and see Randle went off the deep end on Covid. The whole argument about seat belts was weird. If this disease has cracked him, just wait until he sees the loss of personal freedom and autonomy that manmade global warming is going to inflict on us. (Please point me to the global warming threads rather than add another 40 pages to this one.)

My position is get the vaccine. Force other people to get the vaccine. I suspect African-Americans and Latina/o/x have lower rates of vaccinations than conservative whites. We should probably look into solutions for that.
Well that's what mandates are all about. All the people moaning about them forget the history, going back to the American Revolutionary War. Vaccine mandates have been in effect in schools for many many years. My son, Grayson, had to bring his vaccination certificates whenever he was admitted to a new school.

One governor was asked, by Fox News host Chris Wallace surprisingly enough, how he can justify that and still oppose COVID-19 vaccine mandates. He fumbled about parents having experience, even though they didn't when the polio vaccine was first approved. If other governors were made to look at stupid as they are, there would not be as many of these protests.

The situation in Idaho, a state with low vaccination rates:

"Hospitals throughout Idaho are now allowed to ration medical care as the state expands its 'crisis standards of care' criteria in the face of overwhelming coronavirus cases and hospitalizations.

“'The situation is dire,' Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Director Dave Jeppesen said in a statement. 'We don’t have enough resources to adequately treat the patients in our hospitals, whether you are there for COVID-19 or a heart attack or because of a car accident.'

"The announcement expanded protocols from earlier this week that moved to begin rationing care in some overburdened hospitals dealing with the surge in covid-19 patients."

In other words, innocent people who do not have COVID-19, and may even be vaccinated, may die or become sicker due to other conditions as the result of this situation. This is tragic and entirely the fault of the people who have pushed this outrageous anti-vaccination//anti-mask/anti-mandate scheme.

With higher vaccination rates, its now seems that its politics, not disease. Its a great opportunity for left-wing gov to do their nurturing state policy.

What they've done here, is to the restaurant and live music business, is inexcusable. Gov has driven certain businesses to bankrupty. To me, that sounds like alcohol policy!

So no, I'm not at all with the current communist Finnish gov. They have done zero for employment etc important stuff. COVID hides their incompetence.

Incompetence in COVID-19 management rules the world. After a dreadful start, the U.S. was getting better till most red state governors decided it was more important to let people die than deprive them of their alleged freedoms. Somehow that will bring in donations and votes — at least the people who aren't blocked from voting by more stringent election laws.

When disaster, there opportunity...

It still remains, that most of this mask stuff will be just security theatre. Real FFP2 masks have never been recommended.

Vaccination is the only way out from this conundrum. Masks do not matter at all, in the end, if you look this as a system.

(Apologies for being an engineer)

The data on masks does show an impact, particularly if both parties are wearing them. Social distancing is also effective, but the vaccine is the best choice.

However, the worst problem is that the anti-vax/anti-mask/anti-mandate movement has become a religion. You cannot argue with logic. Same with the illusion that there was massive voter fraud in the U.S., even though the real fraud consists of the efforts by Trump and his supporters to continue to overturn the election along with efforts to pass laws that restrict voting.

I had a brief contact with something called Longhorn Paranormal, that boasts of it being the fastest growing TV show of its type in America, something they are, of course, claiming without evidence.

But on their site, they added a meaningless boast, that they are both unvaxxed and unmasked. So I wrote them, and, to no surprise, got the standard false excuses for their foolish posture.

I actually wrote a few paragraphs correcting the misstatements they made in their response, but, of course, they didn't have the courage to respond. I would hope nobody will visit their site or otherwise check their content due to their dangerous beliefs. They shouldn't benefit from behaving irresponsibly.

How about linking to a real story about the real hearing and not from some random cherry-picked comments? 1 in 500 US residents have died of COVID.

The hearing was actually about whether boosters of the Pfizer vaccine were needed, and the real outcome was that they recommended third shots to those over 65, and those with compromised immune systems, thus benefiting from another dose.

Yes, that's the real takeaway, though you wouldn't know it from that sketchy site.

Rather than grab someone's random comment on a meeting about vaccine boosters, I gave you a readable summary that provided factual information people can look through.

I am not going to argue about Randall's decision to leave because we wouldn't turn the show over to his quest against vaccines, masks and mandates. It has nothing to do with a paranormal radio show. This thread is still here to debate the issue, but we have to focus on the fact that misinformation has caused real people to get sick and die. If you can't handle the truth, fine and dandy.

Rather than grab someone's random comment on a meeting about vaccine boosters, I gave you a readable summary that provided factual information people can look through.

I am not going to argue about Randall's decision to leave because we wouldn't turn the show over to his quest against vaccines, masks and mandates. It has nothing to do with a paranormal radio show. This thread is still here to debate the issue, but we have to focus on the fact that misinformation has caused real people to get sick and die. If you can't handle the truth, fine and dandy.
I said what I said because you dismissed my source out of hand. No way you could have listened to mine before replying. Anyway I read yours and it's a nice summary from a third party. There was a lot of disagreement. And with that type of summary you really can't tell what the arguments are. My link provides actual testimony from the meeting. I find that's the only way I can decide an issue on my own. I like to hear the evidence as opposed to having someone else telling me what they think I should know. With that I'll just say I hope the right side wins the debate. You can have the last word, I'm done with it. There was a lot of arguing about the small sample sizes in the studies. Also, how can you say this is not experimental when it is the first time this technology has been used. Nobody can predict long term affects.

Well, actually what it demonstrated is that you can take an 8-hour hearing, cherry pick a few random comments without confirmation, and turn them into evidence of something sinister that would otherwise not exist. The hearing was designed to consider booster shots, not disproven claims on the part of a few.

The mRNA technology has been under development for years. One of the vaccines, from Johnson & Johnson, doesn't even include that technology. They all went through thorough 3-phase test cycles and were found to work without serious side effects. Over 380 million doses have been administered in the U.S. By no definition is that experimental. Maybe the first phase or two before approval, but not now.

As to long-term effects, vaccine experts point out that side effects are seen in the early stages.

You clearly are trying to twist the evidence into something sinister that doesn't really apply. People are becoming sick and dying as a result of what people are doing with these long-disproven anti-vax claims. You continue to ignore what's really happening.

Hospitals ICUs are filled with the unvaccinated, and people with other ailments can't even get admitted, or have to be rushed to other hospitals at risk to themselves. You are 11 times more likely to die from COVID if you don't take the vaccine. What else do you need to come to your senses?

More stats, as of September 18, 2021:

5.88 billion people on Earth have received doses of vaccine, of which 2.46 billion are fully vaccinated.

384 million people in the U.S. have received doses of vaccine, of which 181 million are fully vaccinated.

Yes, they are dying like flies; amend that. It applies primarily to those unvaccinated.

What are some symptoms of a COVID-19 breakthrough case?

In fact, the top five symptoms for people with a breakthrough infection were headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat and loss of smell. Notably absent: fever and persistent cough, which are in the top five for unvaccinated people, according to the data compiled by the U.K. researchers.

In other words, there's a slight chance of a breakthrough infection involving those vaccinated, but the symptoms are usually quite minor compared to those who are unvaccinated.

I just wonder how people can still resist vaccines for usually false reasons in light of all the evidence.

I desperately wanted to let this drop but I had an epiphany last night. I got interested in this because of your remarks about the ethics professor's video Randall sent you on the other thread you closed. I realized that you remind me of Jim Oberg and Phil Klass. If you can't win an argument on its merits, you viciously attack and malign anyone you disagree with. I know one thing about the video. She didn't do any begging for financial support because she made a bad decision or had some bad luck.

Actually you have it backwards. I am simply stating mainstream science and proven facets about vaccines.

You are ignoring those facts, cited chapter and verse dozens of times, and coming out with superstitions and other anti-vaccine/anti-mask/anti-mandate nonsense.

I don't know if that makes you Phil Klass or Jim Oberg, because your beliefs appear to be more religious than factual.

Let's stop the nonsense shall we?

As to the professor's video, she has the option to take the vaccine or leave. It's a very ordinary mandate. It's up to her what she does.

If she had, in fact, asked for financial support to help her pay her bills and put food on the table, I would actually support that move. I would not want to see someone starve due to their decisions, good or bad.

And one more thing: Nobody is attacking you viciously for your false beliefs. The facts are readily available from mainstream sources. It's up to you to focus on them.

I wanted to give you all a reliable reference so you can see the main COVID-19 vaccine myths exposed in one place.

I was surprised how many myths there are, but I suggest you give this article a read if you still believe the vaccines are experimental or that they do not do what they claim to do:

I realize people will believe what they want to believe. But consider the risks you take refusing to take vaccines successfully administered to hundreds of millions of people around the world. Consider the hospitals in the U.S. with ICUs flooded with COVID-19 patients, the vast majority of whom are not vaccinated. Indeed, people with other serious illnesses have had to be flown to other parts of the country to get hospital beds. This is a very serious situation. It's not a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back