• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

COVID-19 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have missed your calling, Randle. If you'd pursued fiction-writing and cinema history you could sell this plot synopsis and the title 'Patient Zero' -- or even a full screenplay -- to Hollywood. More cash of course for the detailed screenplay.

Every few years a screenplay comes out with some kind of biological disaster as the theme. I mentioned a few posts back that we recently watched Contagion after seeing the interview with the scientific advisor on the Australian 60 minutes story I mentioned in my last post. Lots of stars and well known bit part actors in it. At first I thought I'd actually seen it already, but I was thinking of another one called Outbreak from 1995 ...

Last edited:
Renewed Claims of COVID-19's Lab Origins

"The “increasing confidence” comes from classified and open-source documents and evidence, the sources said. Fox News has requested to see the evidence directly. Sources emphasized -- as is often the case with intelligence -- that it’s not definitive and should not be characterized as such ... "

Before I believe any report from Fox News that advances an administration theory, I’d wait for others to confirm.

Regardless, though, it’s more important to take control and reopen society safely. Then we can worry more about what really happened.

Scaling up remdesivir amid the coronavirus crisis

"Drug manufacturing today is like a bucket brigade, explains Princeton University chemist Paul Reider, who previously held chemistry leadership positions at Amgen and Merck & Co. One supplier sends raw materials to another, which uses those basic chemicals to do the first step in the synthesis of a molecule—say, creating a simple side chain. The result gets passed on to another company in the brigade, which performs the next step, and so on. Two or more of those bucket lines might converge to put together the now-complex pieces into the final molecule."​

Before I believe any report from Fox News that advances an administration theory, I’d wait for others to confirm. Regardless, though, it’s more important to take control and reopen society safely. Then we can worry more about what really happened.
I'm fine with the idea of getting people back to work so that they can earn a living, carefully, while taking appropriate safety measures against a second wave, because poverty costs lives as well. But when I see protesters demanding physical distancing and isolation requirements be lifted so that they can go hang-out at the beach, all I can do is is a facepalm.

Perhaps you don't actually listen to the show or read the newsletter, but I've changed my views on the issue of whether or not SARS-CoV-2 had lab assistance twice now because new evidence has surfaced along the way. If you didn't watch the Epoch Times documentary or the Australian 60 minutes segments I posted earlier, then I would understand why you might assume it was "my conspiracy theory".

The truth is that others have already done a much better job than me of making a convincing case, not just for the COVID-19 pandemic, but for the atrocities of the CCP. [CDC?] So much so, that IMO anyone who doesn't see it, and prefers instead to blame it all on Trump, are the ones who have lost their objectivity. Maybe think about that before taking any more swipes at me. Even Gene sees it, and he and I agree on Trump.

Lastly, I'm not sure exactly where you're from. You imply you are from the USA, yet you're dismissive of my optimism about the ability of American citizens to rally. I'm a Canadian and I know there are political problems down there, but I see Americans as my neighbors and friends. I'm sad for the citizens affected there by the current situation, so if I decide to relay a message of optimism and hope for them, maybe you could save your negative backlash for another forum, and instead try to say something positive.
[/QUOTE]

1587460687433.png

"A new study in China has found that the novel coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different variations.
The results showed that medical officials have vastly underestimated the overall ability of the virus to mutate, in findings that different strains have affected different parts of the world, leading to potential difficulties in finding an overall cure. . . ."

Coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different strains study finds

It's important to check the news source and see how reliable it is.

I don't know about Jerusalem Post, but having different variations is credible.

Fox News? No way. Some call it "State TV," because it fueled the rise of Trump, and also fueled his ignorant talk points. It's a bubble that basically destroys any credibility from the White House.

It's important to check the news source and see how reliable it is.

I don't know about Jerusalem Post, but having different variations is credible.

My general impression of the Jerusalem Post is that it's a major paper in Israel and elsewhere in that part of the world. This article seems well-informed and articulate, and I'm fairly sure this newspaper would also consult with some of Israel's excellent scientific institutions on subject matter like this.

Fox News? No way. Some call it "State TV," because it fueled the rise of Trump, and also fueled his ignorant talk points. It's a bubble that basically destroys any credibility from the White House.

I could not agree more.

Here's a verdict on the magical cure that Dr. Trump says will cause no harm:

So does Trump take responsibility because some people died because of his snake oil claims, or because he was months late in admitting there was a pandemic?

The buck stops anywhere else!

The Daily 202: Shifting coronavirus timeline shows how much experts still don’t know – and why testing matters.

"The medical examiner in California’s Santa Clara County didn’t learn until Tuesday that the novel coronavirus killed a resident there on Feb. 6 – 76 days ago. But it was not for lack of trying.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was severely restricting testing at the time to people who had traveled abroad, sought medical care for specific symptoms or were in close contact with an infected person. This unidentified person died at home, as did another individual who died in the county on Feb. 17.

But the local coroner performed autopsies on the two bodies and sent tissue samples to the CDC. Finally, after phone calls to federal authorities, they were tested. Both of the deceased had covid-19, the disease caused by the virus. So did a third person who died on March 6.

This news again alters the timeline of the contagion’s transmission on American soil. . . ."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...why-testing-matters/5e9fcdbf602ff10d49aeb55b/

Here's a verdict on the magical cure that Dr. Trump says will cause no harm ...
Makes you wonder if he's got shares in Sandoz.
So does Trump take responsibility because some people died because of his snake oil claims, or because he was months late in admitting there was a pandemic?
To be fair, the WHO didn't officially declare the outbreak a pandemic until March 11, 2020 , and before that, there were conflicting reports about what was actually going on. Trump made the decision to ban travel in late January ( before the WHO declaration ) after accepting the uniform recommendation of the HHS ( Department of Health & Human Services ). - SOURCE -

Last edited:
The travel ban was BS. Read the limits.

We were already infected.

The CDC knew about this months before the WHO announcement.

"A new study in China has found that the novel coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different variations.
The results showed that medical officials have vastly underestimated the overall ability of the virus to mutate, in findings that different strains have affected different parts of the world, leading to potential difficulties in finding an overall cure. . . ."

Coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different strains study finds
I suspect that full story of the SARS-CoV-2 virus is something that has been kept from everyone all along, and that in the future we may find that this situation was as serious as the Cuban Missile Crisis.

The travel ban was BS. Read the limits.

We were already infected.

The CDC knew about this months before the WHO announcement.
Months before, there was no pandemic. The earliest known cases were identified in mid November and it took time to spread. The first known cases arrived in North America early in January 2020, but we only know that from hindsight. At that time, pronouncements that could cause a national panic would have been unwise, even if the potential risks were known behind the scenes.

Short of eliminating the virology lab in China and overthrowing the CCP, I'm not sure what actions any president could have done to prevent the pandemic. This is people playing with stuff they shouldn't. But then again, it's also possible that something like it it could come entirely out of Nature. The universe is a hazardous place to live in. Grant it - Trump doesn't help make us feel any more secure about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back