• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Conscious Shift?

iinfluence

Paranormal Novice
Again, quick note: I don't know if there's a limit to how many posts we can have up? I've just had a lot happen to me and it seems like the forum is a place to get good, solid, scientific, thought provoking and generally educated ideas. People who are actually not idiots reside here. Thank you.

This experience is something to this day that I can't describe or really evaluate at all, I thought I'd get some educated guesses from some people with experiences..

So, in my house, in my Sophomore year in highschool I became a little bit of a hermit in my room, Constantly playing MMORPGs ( Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games ) never really interacting with society except for the necessities like eating, school, passing them to the bathroom and yadda yadda yadda ). This type of behavior became a bit of a hazard to my health, of course, I wasn't getting enough nutrition or social idk.. growth? All kinds of things felt wrong... I thing all kinds of gamers understand that when you have a handheld/laptop to play video games, you can do whatever whenever and play where ever, sadly, I stayed in my room secluded. Playing games from hours late to early, every day, surviving off of about 4-5 hrs a sleep a night.

Now that you understand the condition I was in, I'll actually explain experience. The date is something I can't remember, but one night while playing my favorite MMORPG at the time, Ragnarok Online, I had just got done grinding levels ( serious game hours of doing what you need to get what you want ), and took a quick break... I remember the light being on pretty bright, and I thought to myself 'I don't remember it being so bright, or even remember having the even on?' ( I prefered to play in the dark, better graphics and more calming. ) After that, I had a feeling that an arrow or bolt, something straight lined.. a beam or something came and shot straight down on me, but not on my forehead or any of that, it was on the right side of my nose, right about the ridge for my nostril... What exactly that feeling was, wasn't materialized.. I felt this completely... spiritually? My body, skin, skeleton or any of that didnt get hurt its like it was acting something inside me? When that happened I blinked, and felt disoriented like no other, everything felt like I was 'foreign familiar'? I knew where I was at but I felt out of place?

For a few hours everything felt like that, walking around to do the basics; talking to family, playing xbox, all of that... but it wasn't until after I had eaten something that I sort of began to snap out of it. I walked back to my room and sat on my bed and just stared, no particular direction in mind, just zoning out. Again, the time itself is something I can't remember. I don't really remember how, but I felt lifted away from myself. Whatever was in me or in that beam or psybeam? Left me and I felt normal. After that, I just got back into my routine and played more Ragnarök Online.

I put this up here because I'm wondering what this is... I still to this day cannot figure it out...

Is this a serious post? I mean... c'mon... I think if you re-read what you wrote you will figure out why you experienced something abnormal.

Pixel, I think it's a serious post, but I totally agree with you. Judging by what iinfluence was doing at the time, it's not surprising. After concentrating on a small area for so long, one's brain will react to changes in his surroundings.

Considering the history you described of sleep-deprivation, nutrient deprivation and isolation -this is not an extraordinary experience, at least in terms of process. How you felt, however, may have seemed extraordinary in some sense.

I can't express to you how important your health is.. you'll figure that out when you lose it. Your body and your brain can do amazing things, and when in sync are even more amazing, when abused it can be disabling and disorientating and create all sorts of weird sensations, pains, mental oddness... it sounds like you are not in touch with your body, which isn't uncommon, especially if your attached to a computer all day.
If I code for a day I'm a complete space case. :eek:
I think your effect has a cause.. if this reoccurs you might want to figure out how to express it better and see a doctor.

I can't express to you how important your health is.. you'll figure that out when you lose it. Your body and your brain can do amazing things, and when in sync are even more amazing, when abused it can be disabling and disorientating and create all sorts of weird sensations, pains, mental oddness... it sounds like you are not in touch with your body, which isn't uncommon, especially if your attached to a computer all day.
If I code for a day I'm a complete space case. :eek:
I think your effect has a cause.. if this reoccurs you might want to figure out how to express it better and see a doctor.

See a Doctor? Why not put the game controller down and go outside for a long walk in the sunshine?

See a Doctor? Why not put the game controller down and go outside for a long walk in the sunshine?

This is great advice, however, autoimmune diseases that attack the nervous system are serious and cannot be cured by a walk in the sunshine or whatnot.. but your right.. take care of yourself first.. and if the strange sensations keep occurring.. get it checked out.. though that might be a fruitless endeavor in and of itself.

In case anyone was wondering, I am fine now, but from what I can gather you're saying that I had a minor mental break down? Or am I interpreting it wrong.

In case anyone was wondering, I am fine now, but from what I can gather you're saying that I had a minor mental break down? Or am I interpreting it wrong.

sounds like your brain revolted. dude... walk away from the video games. go hiking, create some art, read a book, volunteer at a human or animal shelter, etc etc etc....

There is no way anyone can say what happened to you....
I wouldn't say you had a minor mental breakdown.

I think what people are saying is that what you did may have altered your consciousness... many things can alter consciousness.. hyper focus, malnutrition, hypoglycemia, illness, meditation, lack of sleep, emotional events. And that it is not surprising you would have altered your consciousness with all the gaming, sleeping issues and bad eating habits you were sustaining. You may want to look up disassociation or dissociative state and see if that is perhaps similar to the feelings you were having.
:shy:

Once along long time ago I had to tell a good friend her father had passed away. I totally dissociated from the event. It was very surreal. I felt like i was watching a movie. It is a mental coping mechanism that is pretty normal.

sounds like you could of had a mini-stroke mate.... i'd recommend going to your doctor just to get checked , its pretty common these days because mmo's have become a epidemic in our society

Back