• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Concerning Exorcism

Glossolalia isn't restricted to Christianity or religion. It has a couple of origins but neither is supernatural. One of them is as a learned behavior which accounts for much of what is known as speaking in tongues today. I really think that everyone is capable of doing it on demand, the major hurtle is simply allowing yourself to do it. Think Jazz singing or whatever.

Whats really alarming is the number of deaths in 2012 listed here

Exorcism | Religion News Blog

Children beaten and tortured to death, by people who have never seen a demon, and believe they are real because someone told them they were.

A three-year-old girl was apparently smothered to death by eight people during an exorcism ritual in Malaysia on Sunday night.

The toddler died after being pinned down by her parents, relatives and the family maid with their bodies during a ritual ostensibly to chase away evil spirits in the family.

Conviction upheld in ‘exorcism’ torture death of 13-month-old girl
The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld the conviction of a man found guilty in the 2008 beating death of his girlfriend’s 13-month-old daughter, Amora Bain Carson.
The child was beaten with a hammer, sexually assaulted, and bitten more than 20 times.

A court in Brussels opened the trial of six people charged in connection with the 2004 murder of a young Muslim woman in a deadly act of exorcism, a practice of evicting demons or other spiritual entities from a person believed to be possessed.

The woman was reportedly deceived into believing that she could not have children because she was possessed and that she had to undergo a practice of exorcism.

The Indiana Court of Appeals has upheld a jury’s rejection of an insanity defense in the case of a woman who suffocated her 3-year-old son by forcing him to drink oil and vinegar because he was possessed by a demon.

THIS is why we need to fight superstition and ignorance, killing children because someone brainwashed someone into thinking an imaginary being was real.

A few years back the chopped-up body parts of a young black boy were found in the river Thames, London.

He was from West Africa and came to the UK, supposedly to stay with an aunt and be educated here. In fact, it was all a scam to bring him here and use him in some kind of black magic ceremony, or they thought he was possessed and 'the demon had to be killed' - it was one of those options. Either way, he died needlessly and no doubt horrifically and all for someone else's backward superstitions. It would be slightly more bearable if he was a willing adult who believed in all that witchcraft stuff.
Can you imagine what would go through your mind at age 10 when you realise your Aunt is going to kill you?

If memory serves, is it not West-African religions that were brought across the sea to the Americas and that is where the voodoo of the South and Caribbean?

A bit ironic. According to an article on Ripoff Report Raphael Aron ( the "expert" in the video ) represents himself as an expert in cult-counseling who creates associations and companies, appoints himself head to give people the impression that he should be paid high fees for his professionalism, when in fact he charges more than a professional psychiatrist. The article goes on ...
"Mr Aron charged me $1,500 per session to see my son. That included a return flight from Melbourne to Sydney on the same day. Initially phone calls to him were free but soon enough his secretary informed me that he also charged $95 for a 45 minute phone call which had to be set up by an appointment. On top of the $95 I was paying the interstate phone rates to call Melbourne. I worked many overtime shifts in my job to save that money for Mr Aron to see my son."

This exorcist is actually much more affordable.
Anderson Cooper is Possessed !

This must have been recorded close before her death in 1976 (the movie 'the Exorcist' came out in 1973) and it scares the crap out of me. As far as i can translate it, she is pretty much spot on with what 'Regan' in the movie was spewing forth, insulting the Priest(s) and 'god'.

It still scares the crap out of me.
this case used to properly scare me as a kid, that and the case about the twins who predicted peoples deaths and who used to lock their arms and legs together.

That clip has to be one of the most creepiest, disturbing things I've seen. I couldn't listen to the audio at all.

What's even more terrifying is the fact that there exist people of the cloth who actually go along with the possession delusion, and think that they alone have some sort of other worldly power to cure it.

Real or delusion - either side of the coin, it's terrifying.

This must have been recorded close before her death in 1976 (the movie 'the Exorcist' came out in 1973) and it scares the crap out of me.
What scares me is that anyone would do such a thing to the poor girl. It all seems completely tragic and far to wrapped up in religion rather than the kind of help and treatment that she really needed. So far as I'm concerned the whole possession phenomenon is either fabrication and/or, psychology and/or mental disorders. I don't buy into the idea that human bodies can be taken over by invisible demons.

Back