• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Clifford Mahooty September 20

Halo:Reach is great aside from the very short length of the campaign. But short campaigns seems to be the theme of shooters nowadays. Seriously, aside from the length problem what shooter on a console is more fun?

How about Bioshock 1 and 2 or the modern warfare series..? Oops, wrong thread I thought I was in IGN's xbox forum... ;-)

Chris don't take this too personally... Some guys here don't get it and that's the Internet for you... I'm sure I'll get blamed for kissing xxxxx but I'll say it anyway: paracast is the only paranormal show I know that tries not to be too stereotype and offers a good variety of guests... Sometimes you succeed sometimes you don't...Not an easy job for a weekly show running for some years now... BOA, Coast to Coast and DMR are good examples for the opposite... No offense... ;-)

How about Bioshock 1 and 2 or the modern warfare series..? Oops, wrong thread I thought I was in IGN's xbox forum... ;-)

Chris don't take this too personally... Some guys here don't get it and that's the Internet for you... I'm sure I'll get blamed for kissing xxxxx but I'll say it anyway: paracast is the only paranormal show I know that tries not to be too stereotype and offers a good variety of guests... Sometimes you succeed sometimes you don't...Not an easy job for a weekly show running for some years now... BOA, Coast to Coast and DMR are good examples for the opposite... No offense... ;-)

Pftt, MW is good but no better than Halo. Bioshock is very good but it's a different type of shooter (Less action, more about exploration) and is also no better than Halo overall.

Pftt, MW is good but no better than Halo. Bioshock is very good but it's a different type of shooter (Less action, more about exploration) and is also no better than Halo overall.

You're not affiliated with bungie somehow, are you? :)

But you're right. Haven't played Reach yet but I remember I played halo 3 at least 5 times out of sheer frustration that there wasn't anything competitive... Well until bioshock came around the corner... Different setting and tone but for me the best mood-shooter of all times...

Looking forward to play Reach though...

I didn't think the Clifford Mahooty episode really fit with much of the kind of material that the Paracast covers, but found it refreshing and interesting nonetheless. I've been to Zuni many times and even was allowed to spend a night attending a Shalako at Zuni years ago. I've not found many among the pueblo tribes willing to talk about their religious beliefs, though. So to have Clifford Mahooty open up like this really was interesting. Some of his ideas or interpretations may be a bit offbeat -- but who am I to judge when it comes to Zuni religious belief?

I loved this episode! This was just what I was looking for; thankfully
it was archived. It was so nice of him to share the native american point of view.
I hope to hear more from Clifford and maybe some other tribal elders soon.

Peace to all!

I only got to listen to the Clifford Mahooty episode yesterday. The Cherokees have similar stories - theirs says they are from the Pleiades and came here 10,000 years ago. I felt that Mahooty gave the background on how his culture viewed things like UFOs. This was just as valid as white mans views (beings from other planets, other dimensions, swamp gas, ascended masters ad nauseum) because white man doesn't have any concrete evidence to support his views either.

Back