• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Citizen's Hearing on Disclosure: Hearts and Minds

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
by Billy Cox
Article HERE:
You either followed the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure last week or you didn’t, so attempting a rehash of what happened at Washington’s National Press Club in this small space would be like trying to cram an orca into a Mason jar. And considering how De Void managed only a cursory scan of events from afar, a decent analysis is implausible.

What most intrigued De Void were the Yale-educated Cahn’s credentials, which include the authorship of a 1968 study calledHunger, USA. Special counsel to and speechwriter for Attorney General Robert Kennedy and a distinguished scholar at the London School for Economics, Cahn went on to develop the Time Dollars project, a tax-exempt, service-credit currency program that serves poor communities in the U.S. and more than two dozen countries abroad.

But one especially noteworthy blurb lit De Void’s radar screen and it concerned neither the witnesses nor the six retired politicians who listened to their testimony in a congressional inquiry-style format. This was Alejandro Rojas’ Open Minds Magazine interview with law professor emeritus Edgar Cahn, who told Rojas that what he heard last Friday was “very compelling, very exciting,” and “very disturbing,” especially regarding the implications of hoarding technology leads that could theoretically create a “sustainable planet.”

De Void contacted Cahn on a followup phoner to see if the old civil rights attorney was having any second thoughts about supporting a United Nations-sponsored inquiry into The Great Taboo, as well as pressuring Congress to launch its own formal investigation. Cahn, who had no prior interest in UFOs and attended Friday’s session at the invitation of a friend, brushed off the notion he might get cold feet.

“I was one of the first people to do any research on hunger in America at a time when everybody denied its existence,” he said. “The only studies that had been done were by vitamin companies on the affluent; they said there might be some vitamin deficiencies here and there, but there was no indication of the magnitude and distribution of malnutrition in this country.”

Underwritten with foundation resources, Cahn’s year-long Hunger, USA study “at the very least shifted the burden of proof to the government to defend its position,” he recalls. “I even debated the Secretary of Agriculture who said there was no hunger in America. I had to tell him there are no newborn babies who can eat peanut butter.”

Given how last week’s UFO hearing was his first exposure to the issue, and given the “obvious” questions raised by a multinational cast of witnesses whose credentials impressed him, Cahn had a flashback to Official America’s initial resistance to the existence of malnutrition in the world’s richest nation. As with today, the media voiced plenty of skepticism — but with one significant distinction.
“There was sort of a disbelief in the media back then,” Cahn says. “You had to almost make it political battle, with an enemy, and in this case we were going against congressional districts where farmers were getting paid subsidies not to grow certain things. That got their attention.

“So it’s one thing for them to say, ‘We don’t know.’ But it’s another thing entirely for the media not to demand transparency from its government and to ridicule what it doesn’t know. If a politician charges taxicab fare for a pleasure trip, investigative reporters will be all over the case. But with such a massive amount of material on UFOs, with such cumulative experiences, they’re not willing to suspend disbelief? You almost need an investigation into why this is. I don’t think there’s a conspiracy involved, but more of a fear of looking foolish.”

Cahn says dedicated transparency advocates should collaborate with foundations or academic institutions to fund a commission to “challenge the executive branch for withholding information in the public interest,” he says. “That goes to the separation of powers, and Congress has an obligation to obtain that information. I’d go to a state where there have been numerous sightings, gather about 200, 300 people who’ve seen these things, and get them to gang up on their congressmen or senators as constituents who vote.

“You can also get a lot of energy from teenagers. I’d find a way to teenagers involved, because teenagers can be persistent and they don’t shut up and they should demand to know what’s going on in our universe.” At age 78, Cahn sounds like he’s ready for another campaign. Having his intelligence insulted by institutional indifference — media and otherwise — really puts the fire in him. “I’ve been in the trenches for awhile,” he says, “and I’m not afraid to get back in.”

"Having his intelligence insulted by institutional indifference — media and otherwise — really puts the fire in him."

I really like this statement. Aren't we all tired of having our collective intelligence insulted?
It infuriates me to no end to be pissed on and be told it's rain.

I think the project as a whole did a good job of bringing attention to and a degree of dignity to the topic.
Of course i'm looking at the forest here not individual trees.

But its great to see such enthusiasm for the topic

Excellent Q & A on the show, particularly Gene's last question, to paraphrase, 'What if they'd taken $600,000 and put it into solid UFO research?" As I mentioned before, these hearings are essentially a PR exercise. But how badly do we really need more PR? It's not like UFOs are a big revelation. The world is so saturated with it that people are getting bored with it. Basically, without scientifically verifiable material evidence, it's just more of the "same old same old", and more grandstanding on the part of select personalities is just preaching to the choir. But don't get me wrong. All that being said, I'm not going to knock anyone for all the effort that was put into the exercise. I'm sure it was a lot of work and that a lot of people deserve to be congratulated for their effort and participation. Perhaps there will be some unexpected fallout or it will attract some fresh minds into the field.

As ive made mention of before, we have to be careful of rapid advances, "free" energy could be a game changer in less than possitive ways.

Even at a smaller scale rapid advances are a double edged sword

And others worry that we're barreling toward a future that doesn't take people into account. For instance, self-driving cars could improve safety, but also put millions of truck drivers out of work, Hibbard said. So far, no one is planning for those possibilities.
"There are such strong financial incentives in using technology in ways that aren't necessarily in everyone's interest," Hibbard said. "That's going to be a very difficult problem, possibly an unsolvable problem."

Human takeover by machines may be closer than we think - Science

Or

But behind 3D Printing’s exciting facade lies a darker side – the potential of total destruction of worldwide manufacturing, and the crippling job losses that will go with it.Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/3d-printing-could-easily-destroy-chinas-economy-trigger-potential-of-total-destruction-of-worldwide-manufacturing-and-massive-job-losses/#7c6T3HzOHIaYbSMt.99

Free energy and antigrav would have a devastating effect on the world if simply dumped on us overnight

As ive made mention of before, we have to be careful of rapid advances, "free" energy could be a game changer in less than possitive ways ... Even at a smaller scale rapid advances are a double edged sword ...

Not a fan of Ayn Rand I take it?

Check out this site for UFO books, it's run by a forum member, Ufology Calgary. Good selection of books and I'm slowly going thru lots of UFO books, recently I've read 'Flying Saucers from Outer Space' by Donald Keyhoe (you'll hear his name often, being an early advocate of military/govt disclosure), 'Alien Agenda' by Jim Marrs - not an in-depth look but a good general look at the UFO subject, 'UFOs, Generals, Pilots and Government Officials...' by Leslie Kean.

Another book, not about UFOs actually but a fantastic, interesting read about the modern paranormal case, a case that has been covered on a couple of shows.

You can ask about anything in this forum and someone will have the answer or point you to one, enjoy being a member - I do!:)

Not a fan of Ayn Rand I take it?

Well as the article i posted posits, a single device, 3D printers could destroy Chinas economy, and has the potential to trigger the total destruction of worldwide manufactoring with the unimaginally massive job losses and economic collapse associated with it.

As with any decision making process, if the cons outweigh the pro's you have to rethink the proposition.

Free energy and antigrav would be a similiar double edged sword.

Dolan: The Secret Space Program - Who is Responsible? | Page 2 | The Paracast Community Forums

And its not just the obvious jobs that would just evaporate , its all the other industries and business's that hang off them.

The 3D printer vs china is a great place to illustrate this.

So 3D printers destroy China's (and perhaps everyones) manufactoring industrys, Those workers are out of a job, so the local lunch vendors lose their customer base, the transport workers lose their fares, the construction industry stops building new houses factorys etc, and like ripples in a pond those workers who have lost customers and income, can no longer afford to patronise other business. its an economic butterfly effect

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions, where a small change at one place in a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences to a later state.

Fabulous! ... Looking forward to reading them at last :) .
I have always appreciated of your no-BS insight into the subjects we banter about here on the Forum, so, your feedback and insight about my work will be welcomed and appreciated... or something like that.

I have always appreciated of your no-BS insight into the subjects we banter about here on the Forum, so, your feedback and insight about my work will be welcomed and appreciated... or something like that.

Thanks Chris. BTW I just posted a question in that Cattle Mutilation thread. I've never had the pleasure of discussing this grizzly business with an expert like yourself, so I'm looking forward to getting some further insight there.

Back