• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chris Lambright and Curtis L. Collins

By the way, all this mention of Boron - it's been posted that it's used as shielding and fair enough but in the nuclear power industry it can be used as a moderator - no, not a forum one, a moderator in that sense slows neutrons down so they can better cause fission. The fastest moving neutrons are not what is ideal. Also they are used as 'control rods' which can be physically dropped into place to 'scoop up' neutrons to stop a reaction.

Greg Bishop once mentioned on UFO Mystic that he had a source that claimed it was an experimental nuclear powered craft that the pilot lost control of. I think he said the pilot was relying on something like an electronic display that went black. It was years ago that I saw his comment so I might be misremembering. Might be worth emailing him to ask him about it. This is one case where I'm almost positive something happened and I tend to agree with those who think it was an experimental craft.

One final thing: Greg Bishop has mentioned on his radio show how Rick Doty mentioned to him that the Cash-Landrum UFO was a nuclear-powered test aircraft, which employed cameras instead of regular windows due to the heavy shielding needed to protect the pilots, and that during the event the cameras turned off which rendered the pilots completely blind about their where-abouts.

As everything disclosed by Doty, take it with a sack of salt ;)
Was it Doty who told him that? I remember him mentioning it on ufo mystic and I thought he just referred to a "source". Also, is there anyway to see all the Chris Lambright ufo paintings? That Cash-Landrum painting is fantastic. Really impressive work.

By the way, this might've been my all time favorite episode of The Paracast, perhaps because I've long been fascinated with this case. Perhaps the show can do a series of these types of episodes, looking back at significant cases. Maybe get Bill Chalker and someone else on who has seriously looked into the Father Gill Papua, New Guinea case? It's nice to see an important case other than Roswell get a show.

Was it Doty who told him that? I remember him mentioning it on ufo mystic and I thought he just referred to a "source". Also, is there anyway to see all the Chris Lambright ufo paintings? That Cash-Landrum painting is fantastic. Really impressive work.

It was Rick Doty. If it were somehow true, then it stands as perhaps the only genuine information he ever spread! There's more drama to that story that I hope to tell later after getting it documented. In any case, its just an interesting bit of trivia-apochrypha, something that really had no bearing on the reality of the case.

I'm not sure what else Chis Lambright has painted (and displayed), but his best known one can be found here:
Socorro / Zamora UFO Incident - 1964
It is also included as a bonus in his UFO e-book, X Descending

flipper, I've located a 60-year old man that lived two miles near the sighting, and has posted about the road stories, and even a 2nd mysterious helicopter event a few years later. Even if he doesn't have first-hand knowledge, he may be able to reach someone who does. We need to find someone who lived along that road and had their daily routine affected by this resurfacing along that road.
Very impressive research!!!

Hey, thought I'd share a personal anecdote about the Cash-Landrum incident.

I went to high school in Houston and after graduating I worked for a short time in a LaMadeleine restaurant. I discovered that one of the chefs grew up in the adjoining town where this incident occurred (I was familiar with the incident at the time because I was already a ufo buff back then)

I asked him if he knew about that incident. He said yes, it happened when he was a kid and he told me something I hadn't read in any of the articles: the day after this incident there was a big ring burned into the road where the encounter occurred. He said that several kids in town went to see the ring, including him.

He didn't mention if the ring was an actual depression into the road or just a "burn mark", but he added that this ring in the road was paved over within a few days. Potholes around here can remain untouched for months or even a year, so if it was paved over immediately that is certainly uncommon for this area.

Anyway, just a random story from a random guy. Thanks for your time everyone.

Brandon, thanks for relating that story. The road episode sounds like a local legend that somehow crept into case records because the primary case witnesses believed the story and repeated them.

I'm working on fully documenting the road story, but here's a rough timeline:
12/29/1980 UFO Incident on a worn 2-lane country road
2/28/1981 General area of the road examined, photographed. No UFO damage to road in report.
7/11/1981 Recreation of the scene on original road for "That's Incredible!"
6/16/1982 Recreation of the scene on original road for "The UFO Experience"
7/2/1982 MUFON Symposium: road repair 1st mentioned, with claim UFO scorched pavement
12/5/1983 Billy Cox, (Florida) Today visited the scene, “One lane wears a new coat of asphalt.”

Yes, the road was repaired, but not immediately. It seems to have happened about a year and a half later, during a period of expansion and construction, when convenience stores and apartments started being built in the area.

Brandon, thanks for relating that story. The road episode sounds like a local legend that somehow crept into case records because the primary case witnesses believed the story and repeated them.

I'm working on fully documenting the road story, but here's a rough timeline:
12/29/1980 UFO Incident on a worn 2-lane country road
2/28/1981 General area of the road examined, photographed. No UFO damage to road in report.
7/11/1981 Recreation of the scene on original road for "That's Incredible!"
6/16/1982 Recreation of the scene on original road for "The UFO Experience"
7/2/1982 MUFON Symposium: road repair 1st mentioned, with claim UFO scorched pavement
12/5/1983 Billy Cox, (Florida) Today visited the scene, “One lane wears a new coat of asphalt.”

Yes, the road was repaired, but not immediately. It seems to have happened about a year and a half later, during a period of expansion and construction, when convenience stores and apartments started being built in the area.

Thanks for the info. It's definitely conceivable that additional details or embellishments were added to the original story over time, especially if it's pretty much the only distinguishing feature of that particular town.

Back