• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chad Drone Explained?

Free episodes:

tommyball said:
I'm all for free speech but can the "Chad Drone" and Apollo Moon Landing Hoax be put into the forbidden threads category along with topics pertaining to "he who shall not be named"?

Personally I think it would be a good thread to put up as a sticky and make everyone read before they can post.

I'm wondering if LMH and Strieber actually got a cut of the ad dollars for perpetuating this. Strieber seemed extraordinarily credulous with this whole thing, more than usual.

The only way I can visualize anyone making a profit from this hoax is if it is some way connected to the promotion of a commercial project, like the Halo 3 game release, or a film. I seriously doubt anyone at C2C is financing the scam. They have enough clout to recruit all the wackos they need for free.
Making a good dishonest buck is a tough scam to pull off when you're dealing with the subject of ufo's. Even Strieber claims that his income has taken a drastic hit since the start of his abduction revelations.
There's tons of delusional crap available gratis, so the market is already saturated. You have to either scare people half to death or found a dues collecting cult to garner any attention.
Enter Art Bell and Billy the Bearded Prophet.
Oy.

Mogwa said:
The only way I can visualize anyone making a profit from this hoax is if it is some way connected to the promotion of a commercial project, like the Halo 3 game release, or a film. I seriously doubt anyone at C2C is financing the scam. They have enough clout to recruit all the wackos they need for free.
Making a good dishonest buck is a tough scam to pull off when you're dealing with the subject of ufo's. Even Strieber claims that his income has taken a drastic hit since the start of his abduction revelations.
There's tons of delusional crap available gratis, so the market is already saturated. You have to either scare people half to death or found a dues collecting cult to garner any attention.
Enter Art Bell and Billy the Bearded Prophet.
Oy.

The problem, of course, is that Noory and Linda Moulton Howe and others persist in spreading the hoax. If they were to up and admit it was all promotion for a game after going this far -- and she was all over it again in last night's episode of C2C -- it would seriously damage the show and its illusion of credibility.

That's an illusion that, despite the costs, they still are maintaining even though most of us know the truth.

I wonder if these viral ads actually help the sells. It seems they piss a lot of people off. I know I'm less likely to buy this game, if it turns out to be related. So far I'm not convinced there's a connection. The evidence for it is lame that I've seen so far. I may have overlooked something since these photos haven't been a big interest of mine. I haven't dug into them like I would some other cases, because the story and photos reeked from the beginning. Yes, I think the photos are fake, I just don't know if it's viral or not yet.

DBTrek said:
It could be a top secret inviso-ufo-esque drone powered by magic runes.

Or it could be a guy with a model who discovered that most people aren't that bright, and after faking some photos he's now crafted a "top secret" drone story.

I know which I find more likely.

-DBTrek

mmmmm no no i think :eek: your right! well i have to say this for the guy, on his web page he said that he is not going to sell any thing or make any money on it, so if you thing its all real we can only sit back and laugh at ya.

A lot of people seem to be backing the "Viral Marketing" idea, suggesting either "Halo 3" or the "Transformers" movie.

I have yet to see what the whole drone thing has to do with either of them.
How can a viral campaign boost sales when no-one knows what is being advertised? It's not like the drone is towing a banner that says "Be sure to watch the Transformers at your local theater".

I'm thinking it's just a hoax, and I'm kinda surprised there's still so much discussion about it.

If it were real, why wouldn't Issac post all his material on his site, and not just bits and pieces?

I can't believe how long this keeps going on ... Now there's more drone stories on Earthfiles.com regarding a sighting near a USAF base in Alabama.

At the rate C2C and Howe are going with this, they'll have everyone living in fear of these 3D models by mid-July.

-todd

James said:
Can anyone show how the "drone" images or the "Isaac" documents are part of a marketing campaign?

Earthfiles has done an interview with a new alleged witness. Are all these people in on the deception?

http://vista.streamguys.com/strieber/063007.wma
(Interview starts about 8 minutes, 30 seconds from the start.)

That's a question we have been going around and around with here...not whether it is a hoax or not, but whether it is really part of a marketing campaign. So far, nobody has proven that it is part of a campaign. A lot of hearsay has been cited but no press releases. As far as Earthfiles...does it really have any credibility? And as far as those witnesses go, well yes they could be making it up for attention without even being part of the original hoax...just jumping on the bandwagon. Maybe they did see something unrelated to the "drone", and are making the experience fit because the Chad Drone is the fad du jour.

James said:
If the "Isaac" writings and documents are complete fabrications, let's focus on that aspect of the story. What motivated the author to do this? What is the ultimate payoff that makes their labor worthwhile? It's one thing for a person to write some prose and post it on the Internet, but to create the pages seen in the so-called Research Report requires good technical skills and a fair amount of time and effort. I couldn't accomplish this -- and I'm reasonably competent with computers, desktop publishing and printing. So, I feel as curious about the background and motivations of the "hoaxer" as I am about the contents of the documents.

My position exactly. My job is in graphic design, I use photoshop, quark, and illustrator on a regular basis. I've written tons of short stories back in college. It would not be a walk in the park to make this stuff, it would actually be a good bit of work. For what? This doesn't make me "buy into it", but it certainly makes the subject intriguing for me.

BrandonD said:
My position exactly. My job is in graphic design, I use photoshop, quark, and illustrator on a regular basis. I've written tons of short stories back in college. It would not be a walk in the park to make this stuff, it would actually be a good bit of work. For what? This doesn't make me "buy into it", but it certainly makes the subject intriguing for me.

I agree with you, I work also has a graphic designer and artist, and to do the documents like this, from my experience, it takes time and effort. It looks like a groupe creation, not from just one persone. Everything looks to well done and proof read not only once. You cannot be perfect in all position so you need different expertise to make it perfect. It would make sence that it comes from an agency or something like that, Witch would go with what Isaac is saying. But it could be also that this groupe, if well payed, would creat a fictional documents to desinform the public. Who is paying them, well that's the big question!!!!

Just a thought.

UFOGeek said:
While at the Roswell 60th Anniversary Festival, Dr. Bruce Maccabee told me the Chad drone photos are “fake”, “a creation”.

Read more at my blog: UFO GEEK - Mike Coletta

Precisely what he said recently on The Paracast, and it only confirms the determination of other photographic experts, such as our own David Biedny.

In fact, I am amazed and also saddened that some people continue to perpetuate the illusion that the drones have any semblance of reality to them.

The dead giveaway on the chad drone pics are the images themselves. The gradient on the ship is too consistent for the camera. That's how you know for a fact that it's a CG element. Not to mention the design of the thing in the first place.

Since these photos emerged I haven't heard one abductee friend/associate say "Yeah, I've seen that!" There haven't been a slew of people stepping forward claiming to see this thing have there?

If that's the case and this turns out to be the fraud I believe it is, then what does that say about the fantasy proneness of abductees and about the public latching onto an image and magically believing they've seen it in real life?

And, of course, that works the other way: If hundreds or thousands of people suddenly claim to have seen that thing and it turns out to be a hoax then what has been demonstrated?

As you know, some things sound good in theory but don't actually play out in fact. I think that is the silver lining of a hoax like this, a hoax that takes us in an entirely new direction: We can put some theories of human response to the test.

valiens said:
As you know, some things sound good in theory but don't actually play out in fact. I think that is the silver lining of a hoax like this, a hoax that takes us in an entirely new direction: We can put some theories of human response to the test.

I can't really share that sort of... well, I'm not really sure if you'd call it "optimism". Regardless of the outcome, the believers will go on believing, the debunkers will continue debunking and those of us who just want to know what the hell is really going on will be left on our own... again.

Back