• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chad Drone Explained?

CapnG said:
I can't really share that sort of... well, I'm not really sure if you'd call it "optimism". Regardless of the outcome, the believers will go on believing, the debunkers will continue debunking and those of us who just want to know what the hell is really going on will be left on our own... again.

Nah. Give it time. Richard Doty's name will eventually pop up.

Mar 30 2008 Report This!
THERE IS NOT JUST ONE drone, there are 14 drones that were all reported on from May to date. None of them have any source of propulsion. This Capitola story is only one of many. For a more in depth explanation on all drones
Google Alien Casebook - Home
and then go to the "Isaac and the Drones" board.

Just yesterday, the private investigators who are seeking the pole in the Capitola drone, found the photo locations for two other drones. These were in Saratoga California and the story and pictures are here. ALIEN, UFO CASEBOOK FRONTIER

time will tell

The terrain from those silly photos looked familiar to me. Turns out it's about 10 minutes from my old apartment. We used to go hiking there all the time. Very populated area ( well the valley is ). Also lots of kids sitting around with cgi and photoshop skills.

These investigators did a great job!

What do you think is up with Linda Howe—is it as simple as cashing in on Drones? I'm mean clearly these are crappy fakes.

What's funny is that I sent her an email about 6 months ago, then again the other day after I saw a resurgence of these stupid drone stories. ( Not sure why I wasted my time )What was funny about it was that she replied to my mail with pretty much the exact same response both times.... which was something to the effect "How arrogant of you to claim these are fake. You have not spoken with my witnesses". Paraphrasing here but you get the point. It's like her default response to people who question her hack-job "reporting". I replied that—at the very least—you could save some time by picking up the phone and calling one of many photography experts about these drones. I mentioned Bruce, David and Jeff. She replied with another nasty response. I suggested she do this to establish a litmus test so she can toss out any of these people that call her up describing the Chad drones. This would take her all of 15 minutes—but no she just sticks here head in the sand, ignoring what are probably countless people contacting her about this crap. Instead she listens to what are most certainly Coast to Coast listeners sipping on a few buds having a laugh at her expense.

fp_gnufly1.jpg

im still getting a japanese toy comparrison when i see the "glyphs"

the reference to X-men is a good one too

forgetomori » Amazing: CARET/Chad drone inspired by X-Men!

and this one of a temporal probe from the tv series transformers

bw11_2.jpg

From a Graphic Design standpoint the hardware design and especially those document designs and symbols are extremely trendy. Perhaps Aliens keep up with the latest earth design trends— who knows :p

its working here on both pc's/phone lines.

hope you sort it out, its a fascinating read. not so much the topic but the approach and ideas that get spun out as the topic evolves.

be warned its a missing time link.........

ive lost 2 days to it already

Gene Steinberg said:
In fact, I am amazed and also saddened that some people continue to perpetuate the illusion that the drones have any semblance of reality to them.

I'm also amazed that a document that has been spell checked is considered hard evidence and that so many people are wasting their time even talking about this hoax.

Anyone with a few years of CG experience would tell you that this stuff is not hard to do. Having built hundreds of models of monsters and space ships I'm telling you all that this "ship" would rank very low on the difficulty scale to reproduce. They are simple geometries and extrusions.

By my calculations an accomplished CG guy with some graphic design background could have done this in a short amount of time depending on if he had a regular job.

Model: 1 hour. If it takes you longer than 3 hours all I can say is that you are not very good at modeling.

Textures: 3-4 hours. Maybe less because there are no weathering textures that make this a more difficult task. More time would be spent in the actual designing of the textures than the application on the model.

Font design: 2 days. Using something like Fontographer you could make this font out of existing base fonts or from scratch. The program will automatically take care of kerning issues and you'd spent most of your time tweaking it until you got the spacing and consistency issues to your satisfaction.

Rendering: These models are not complicated so render times on any of the shelf machine these days would take only a few hours at the most depending of the type of rendering algorithm the artist wanted to use. Radiosity which takes the most time to render but gives the most realistic look in terms of bounce like is unnecessary in this case.

Lighting and compositing and match moving. This would take maybe a day or two so depending on how fussy you are with the lighting.

Documents: This would actually have taken more time than the CG stuff cause the author had to put a little more thought into it. But just a week or two should be sufficient.

To me this seems like a 3 week effort for one person to pull off. How do I know? I've done all these things for many years before (since the days of Silicon Graphics workstations) not just dabbling.

So what is the motivation? I really don't care. Maybe the guy wants some attention that a lot of UFO buffs are more than will to give. Maybe he is looking for a job and free publicity is good for his resume.

The one thing I'll give due credit for is the hoaxer was smart enough to make the documents talk about something that is impossible to test. The self activating code is a brilliant idea that will have loads of people running around discussing it like it is actually real. Of course no one can say it doesn't work cause we don't know where to begin to validate it. He hoaxer was smart enough to completely avoid any semblance of actual science unlike Bob Lazar so no scientist could challenge it.

If there is actual science behind this self activating code then there would be documentation or experiments that had some element of testability no matter how minor. For instance, how does the scientist conclude that the code has anything to do with the function? Someone must have conducted a test to prove this. Or there is some testable theory behind this that no one on Earth has ever proposed. This in itself should tell you loud and clear that this is a hoax.

My gut feeling is its viral marketing gone badly wrong

linguistics.bmp

if your marketing tool ends up associated with a real life missing persons case,i imagine at that point youd want to distance yourself from the whole idea PDQ
caretdronealienware321hjk.jpg

Alienware with its long "association" with things UFO would be my guess.

I don't give much credence to any of this being 'real.'

What interests me, however, is the imagination that has gone into designing the whole thing, the langauge and the charts. The CG is doable, obviously, but the overall art design is pretty damn impressive. It's interesting enough that clearly lots and lots of very smart people have put a lot of thought and analysis into it.

Something occured to me when I heard LMHowe talk about this language, where all the independent parts had meaning based on context to other parts. At first I thought of Chinese, which has lots and lots of characters. That doesn't do it, though. Then, I realized that we already have such a language that humans use--it's universal, and it downloads meaning into the viewer's brain! It's called art.

When you have a drawing, the whole drawing has a meaning, or gestalt--it doesn't matter what language you speak, the drawing affects you pretty much the same way. Within the drawing, there are lines and shapes and gradiants and such: Individually they don't mean that much, but arrange them into context, and voila', they mean something!

So, this talk of magic runes that make up a universal mechanical language? Not a big deal. We've been doing it since the stone age. I have a feeling our visual language transmits more information than theirs.

Concerning a rune language that becomes working machines when done under a certain field? Neat concept, impractable though. Words and pictures do transmit ideas, formulas, processes, emotions, etc. These are things in their own right. Ideas do change the world. I just find it unlikely that symbols form into working machinery in the physical world and fly around.

Astroboy said:
Gene Steinberg said:
In fact, I am amazed and also saddened that some people continue to perpetuate the illusion that the drones have any semblance of reality to them.

So what is the motivation? I really don't care. Maybe the guy wants some attention that a lot of UFO buffs are more than will to give. Maybe he is looking for a job and free publicity is good for his resume.

for one its more then one person, two, there were "drone" sightings before these pics came out, did you not know this? or you just do not believe the eye witnesses.... if not why?

mike said:
My gut feeling is its viral marketing gone badly wrong

Great catch Mike. These symbols on the side of the Alien computer box are identical to the ones found in association with the drones. Is there any doubt now?

I think the guys who made the symbols for Alien computers or their buddies are behind this and having a great laugh.

As for previous sitings and witnesses - who is to say they saw the exact same thing or that these witnesses were just part of the hoax conspiracy. I actually believe that it probably involves several people but it is not improbably or unlikely that one person could pull it off.

I wonder why people continue to believe this despite analysis of the video and photos by people like Bruce Macabee and DB who have pointed out flaws that are consistent with fakes. And Mike's post clearly shows the exact same symbols used by computer companies.

As a hoax I give it a 7 out of 10 since I haven't seen a 10 yet.

alienware admits copying them as they appear open withought copyright, in letter to a poster. But they are not caret, but do use carat-fusion and ammo marketing people that plugged the majestic game by EA.
Even Syd Mead borrowed the node designs for a presentation in August at sigg graph conference, . he did blade runner art and design.
if you click on my profile at abovetopsecret.com sys_config in the main caret thread you will see the collection of designs, workbrush art, and of course tom halls galactic alphabet from the 80s that have identical letters. He is one of my suspects. as he has a top secret mmog in the works. all this stuff was borrowed from old stuff..like Okudas star trek designs and frank sternbachs designs.
Now, I enjoyed mars ave post of sept 2007 pointing out the discrepancy of location and how he alerted to no avail LMH.
This is important as the PI and crew at omf and ats new about this, but were allowing it could have been an LMH oversight. Being that this was 2007 in september Then its proof she knew, theres no big basin craft, and no bakersfield. ie SHE LIED.
We have been hammering to get her to release the 12 TY B pix, that are hi res...she will not..whats the Prob..? she claimed back then she was worried about halo three people using the images, but thats over,,whats her excuse..almost a year later?
yeah everything is real fishy here on that point.
Thanx for enc stopping by and posting that tip..IMO it strengthens a case for her abetting a hoax and lord knows why is she doing that.
SyS
If Mars is still active I would love for him to come and share with ATS what he has additional on the matter, and have folx here first hand what happened.

Thanx!
SyS

i find the letter from alien ware very odd. they spell Caret correctly in the first instance, then go on to miss spell it.

"Hi ________,
Thank you for your email. It’s great to hear that our promotion has reach out to you and your Forum group regarding the CARET document. Alienware did NOT create the information regarding this phenomena or the CARAT linguistics. This is NOT an intellectual property of Alienware. The information has anonymously spread throughout the web for some time. We have taken the CARAT linguistics and have applied this as a marketing tool to draw attention to our promotion.
Regards,
Director of PR Communications
Alienware Corporation
Tel: 305-xxx-xxxx"

Carat, is a marketing company.......................

they have taken the carat linguistics......

hmmmmm

also if you look at the glyphs of the back of the alienware CPU and extract the A and W glyphs, you find these two glyphs (albiet with the w glyph inverted) are the two largest glyphs in the big circle on the language primer doc.

2rrnlf7.jpg

im thinking like a human, so im taking the match between the A in alienware as my reference, hence i see the W glyph upside down, but they are both there. considering the code wheel associations rotation of the figures may be part of the code.

of course the AlienWare people may have sculpted their ad campaign to exploit the largest 2 glyphs.

CDCs.jpg

to me the "letters" A and inverted W stand out
either way i have a gut feeling if there any any answers in this case, the language primer contains it.

one lingust has been quoted as saying its either all gibberish or its been encrypted with an "Isaac" random number generator.....

ISAAC (cipher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isaac = Indirection, Shift, Accumulate, Add, and Count.....

mike said:
i find the letter from alien ware very odd. they spell Caret correctly in the first instance, then go on to miss spell it.

"Hi ________,
Thank you for your email. It’s great to hear that our promotion has reach out to you and your Forum group regarding the CARET document. Alienware did NOT create the information regarding this phenomena or the CARAT linguistics. This is NOT an intellectual property of Alienware. The information has anonymously spread throughout the web for some time. We have taken the CARAT linguistics and have applied this as a marketing tool to draw attention to our promotion.
Regards,
Director of PR Communications
Alienware Corporation
Tel: 305-xxx-xxxx"

Carat, is a marketing company.......................

they have taken the carat linguistics......

hmmmmm

also if you look at the glyphs of the back of the alienware CPU and extract the A and W glyphs, you find these two glyphs (albiet with the w glyph inverted) are the two largest glyphs in the big circle on the language primer doc.

2rrnlf7.jpg

im thinking like a human, so im taking the match between the A in alienware as my reference, hence i see the W glyph upside down, but they are both there. considering the code wheel associations rotation of the figures may be part of the code.

of course the AlienWare people may have sculpted their ad campaign to exploit the largest 2 glyphs.

CDCs.jpg

to me the "letters" A and inverted W stand out
either way i have a gut feeling if there any any answers in this case, the language primer contains it.

one lingust has been quoted as saying its either all gibberish or its been encrypted with an "Isaac" random number generator.....

ISAAC (cipher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isaac = Indirection, Shift, Accumulate, Add, and Count.....

Mike you are most correct, when Banzai at OMF wrote & rcvd the AW response it was I who spotted the CARAT discrepancy because I was researching the viral angle and still am
CARAT CARAT FUSION bought out the AMMOmarketing people who did a succesful penetration and instigation of the UFO community for EAs game majestic, which in turn used phony websites, colluded with others in perpetuating the conspiracy aspect of the game, writing and leaving messages on lavatory mirrors in public restrooms even at movie theatres and such. "Trust NO ONe" etc. It was quite succesful this inexpensive method.
Note that EA and AW work closely together, co-advertising in their mags so we can expect reasonably, a similar situation.

Ammomarketing refused to answer my emails on their affiliation.
of course understandably as NDAs require that. they would lose future clients if they ratted out their clients.

Tom Halls (first known originator of these letters in his commander keen series) uses them on his logo, and so did John Romero his Partner, masterpiece mmog at the Kingsisle.com site., also no response from his. He enjoys games within his games. as Alienware did crypto puzzles in theirs. I found the dopefish in the clorized lap nodes as well as early characters in the same series from the 80s .

Now to your work., it seems that Alienware is using that aw glyph .
When they deliberately misspelled carat, it was a way of avoiding lying. They really dont want that. this gives them plausible deniability, as they then go on to say they are using CARAT linguistics (their mktng companies project linguistics ) .They are telling you the truth, technically, and avoiding exposure. All they said it was not theirs, thats true, it was Tom Halls and found inhis galactic alphabet type font.

AW in the meantime continues using the letters and designs, in their products no one the wiser. Perhaps another letter or email phrased correctly, to leave no wiggle room out like the last one, is in order.

the LAP makes references to combonitronics, or compiler theory, and uses examples..foxtree (for foxbase?) and goes on explaining. I am clueless as to this kind of stuff..
but its just a clue that its another puzzle to be played in the LAP.

I enjoyed your post and will carry it over to ATS and archive in my collection. I am no longer a member of OM as they are hell bent on proving its "real" despite whats been put before them or is in their face.

Cheers
Sys

Back