• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Chad Drone Explained?

subject x said:
I saw this elsewhere ( ATS ) and hadn't seen it here, so-
Chad Drone?

I dunno. What do y'all think?

My guess is Isaac is another anony-mouse who got tired of looking for cheese, so made his own.

The photos to the right were worth the 10 seconds I spent on them. So, if any of you stop by, click on some near the top right. It brought back memories of playing with Star Wars toys. Which was yesterday. I kid, I kid. Kinda.

Paranormal Packrat said:
My guess is Isaac is another anony-mouse who got tired of looking for cheese, so made his own.
That certainly wouldn't surprise me much.
It brought back memories of playing with Star Wars toys. Which was yesterday. I kid, I kid. Kinda.
Yeah, sure you kid!;)

2 things strike me as very interesting...that was a weird story-

I will admit, I have worked in that area of the Big Basin sighting for many years in a job I can't reveal--though I stick by my earlier post on another thread here, the pictures were not taken in Big Basin State Park, but on the eastern slopes of the Coast ridge, facing Saratoga and the San Jose area- east of hwy 35 and near hwy 9 - (towards Redwood Gulch Rd down towards Sanborn Rd,) Hwy 9 is known by locals, as Big Basin Way. Hundreds of people live in that area - I have been on almost every road in that area. Why did only one person see it....that reported it.

Ok,,here are my 2 points -

1) someone went to an awful lot of time to explain something most of us can't even understand - including myself...!! Most people won't even read his whole article-I did. When people write this stuff, they've had to have had a lot of experience writing stories to convince us, the subject matter, I mean this guy is going over the Top - he is revealing who he is, though not directly-and I feel there is danger for him.........but it could be full of BS..........a Hoax....a very clever story writer, that is in the top 10%,,,,,,,but he wrote this only to fool us....why? Most people won't even read his whole article-but, he writes very eloquently- very intelligently- factual - I was reading for any contradiction/slip up..this guy is very intelligent....he covers when needed by thinking of what he is writing may be mis-construed- and explains it factually.....

2) or it's a lie.

Too many people live near the Big Basin sighting - but I must add, the Aptos,CA sighting near the Joint telephone Pole - gives the size of this craft as kinda small - most Joint poles are 40-45ft tall-which makes me think Robotics/remote control involved - and as Issac stated - controlled from afar - if you read his whole story. The disappearing part is totally weird. I have threatend myself to drive to Big Basin way and find the angle with the photo of the craft - received via the photo club---with the houses on the ridge-line in the back ground,( I swear that is Bohlman Rd Ridge) and re-photograph that area - it changes the area the photographer says he was - or it was mis-construed by the nickname of the highway being 'Big Basin Way' as to actually, 'being' in Big Basin State park area,,,there is a big difference and many miles involved. I wish that photographer would come forward.

MarsAve

It could be a top secret inviso-ufo-esque drone powered by magic runes.

Or it could be a guy with a model who discovered that most people aren't that bright, and after faking some photos he's now crafted a "top secret" drone story.

I know which I find more likely.

-DBTrek

yeah man, he wrote a 13 page expose, with nary a typo - and grammatically correct..! How many 13yr old hoaxer's can do that..?

MarsAve

DBTrek said:
It could be a top secret inviso-ufo-esque drone powered by magic runes.

Or it could be a guy with a model who discovered that most people aren't that bright, and after faking some photos he's now crafted a "top secret" drone story.

I know which I find more likely.

-DBTrek

"Dude in his basement with a model" doesn't quite cut it for this, in my opinion. If this is a hoax, which it might be, then it is a sophisticated one. The text and writing style is articulate and erudite, his story and the accompanying text are internally consistent, and the "models" and positioning of all the little letters are ridiculously precise. If this is fake, it took a good deal of work.

It could be a hoax, and it could not be. I don't see any way to know for sure.

But for those who would like to operate under the assumption that this is a hoax, my personal opinion would be that this is more likely the work of a team of people, perhaps to build hype for an upcoming movie or video game. I doubt it is just "a guy".

MarsAve said:
yeah man, he wrote a 13 page expose, with nary a typo - and grammatically correct..! How many 13yr old hoaxer's can do that..?

Only in the UFO community is someone posting a grammatically correct document considered a marvel. :p

Any relatively educated person can write gramatically correct sentences. I'm not impressed by it . . . nor have I combed the entire text looking for grammatical errors. If I can find a grammatical error in the text will that sway you?

"Dude in his basement with a model" doesn't quite cut it for this, in my opinion. If this is a hoax, which it might be, then it is a sophisticated one. The text and writing style is articulate and erudite, his story and the accompanying text are internally consistent, and the "models" and positioning of all the little letters are ridiculously precise. If this is fake, it took a good deal of work.

It did take a good deal of work as any worthy hoax will. I'm not suggesting someone just threw this together. I agree it's fairly obvious that the hoax perpetrator(s) put a lot of thought and time in to this. That effort is paying off, is it not?

It could be a hoax, and it could not be. I don't see any way to know for sure.

There is no way to know for sure. Can you 'know for sure' that you're not in a coma and the entire reality you inhabit is a construction of your own mind?

Instead we must look at the possible explainations and try to determine what is most likely.

Consider this:

Is it likely that someone (or a group) has a model that they've used to fake 'UFO' photos. Certainly there is a history of similar things happening. Is it likely that the same group or others have now expanded this hoax and written a story about? Why not? The anonymous author has photos the model pieces, it's not too much of a stretch to suggest he may also have the model or even be the creator of the model.

Is it likely that the super-secret "I'm only talking to C2C and I can't reveal my identity because the man will come get me" anonymous article writer is telling the truth? He's talking about magic rune technology that there is no precedent for . . . 'he' being the internet guy who will only talk to C2C. I find this explaination less likely. We have no precedent for what he describes, nor do we have a person to hold accountable for this claim.

Unless other tangible factors emerge, logic favors this being a hoax. It's easy to prove me wrong though . . . let's have one of these drones. Oddly enough they don't seem to be showing up in Iraq . . . or anywhere else where they might serve some purpose.

I'm not buying.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Only in the UFO community is someone posting a grammatically correct document considered a marvel. :p

Any relatively educated person can write gramatically correct sentences. I'm not impressed by it . . . nor have I combed the entire text looking for grammatical errors. If I can find a grammatical error in the text will that sway you?

It did take a good deal of work as any worthy hoax will. I'm not suggesting someone just threw this together. I agree it's fairly obvious that the hoax perpetrator(s) put a lot of thought and time in to this. That effort is paying off, is it not?

There is no way to know for sure. Can you 'know for sure' that you're not in a coma and the entire reality you inhabit is a construction of your own mind?

Instead we must look at the possible explainations and try to determine what is most likely.

Consider this:

Is it likely that someone (or a group) has a model that they've used to fake 'UFO' photos. Certainly there is a history of similar things happening. Is it likely that the same group or others have now expanded this hoax and written a story about? Why not? The anonymous author has photos the model pieces, it's not too much of a stretch to suggest he may also have the model or even be the creator of the model.

Is it likely that the super-secret "I'm only talking to C2C and I can't reveal my identity because the man will come get me" anonymous article writer is telling the truth? He's talking about magic rune technology that there is no precedent for . . . 'he' being the internet guy who will only talk to C2C. I find this explaination less likely. We have no precedent for what he describes, nor do we have a person to hold accountable for this claim.

Unless other tangible factors emerge, logic favors this being a hoax. It's easy to prove me wrong though . . . let's have one of these drones. Oddly enough they don't seem to be showing up in Iraq . . . or anywhere else where they might serve some purpose.

I'm not buying.

-DBTrek

I agree with your arguments, a hoax seems very likely. I tend to respond when it seems that someone is jumping to conclusions too quickly. I happen to see that alot on this forum, where people are supposed to be open-minded to the idea that the greater reality is actually something that *we do not understand*.

Because I acknowledge this, does that mean I swallow every idea that comes along? There is a different point of view other than simply the binary "accept" or "reject".

I think your reasoning is sound, I just reflexively prod people every now and then to try and keep an open mind.

I showed the link to a buddy of mine, this is what he said:

" (11:11:56 AM): that link..
(11:12:29 AM): the CARET program isaac hehe lol
(11:13:38 AM): he a freaking Computer animater that used to wok on the old SGI work station back in the 80's he telling you word for word in there thats hes a computer programer/ computer animator. ha he used to work with Wave front technology.
(11:13:53 AM): hes just a much older version of me.
(11:15:46 AM): he being funny about it making his job sound like some government work but ever company CARET ect is just names for Unix based CG computers.
Miah (11:16:35 AM): really?
(11:17:05 AM): yep
(11:17:21 AM): Alias Systems Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(11:18:04 AM): That name Alias i knew right off.. because they are the ones how also had a lot to do with the birth of the N64
(11:18:41 AM): also where the term AntiAlias comes from.. in vidoe game terms .. means make it smooth. no jaggies
(11:19:17 AM): Caret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(11:19:48 AM): Cart is just a function code in Unix systems its just part of a code base
(11:21:07 AM): all he needs to be know when doing animation on a unix based compter.. its part of a programming Language. hence the reason he said hes responsible for the "language" on the underside of the ship."

HOAX!

If anyone wants to share this info with ATS, be sure to link them to it here. :)

Miah said:
I showed the link to a buddy of mine, this is what he said:

" (11:11:56 AM): that link..
(11:12:29 AM): the CARET program isaac hehe lol
(11:13:38 AM): he a freaking Computer animater that used to wok on the old SGI work station back in the 80's he telling you word for word in there thats hes a computer programer/ computer animator. ha he used to work with Wave front technology.
(11:13:53 AM): hes just a much older version of me.
(11:15:46 AM): he being funny about it making his job sound like some government work but ever company CARET ect is just names for Unix based CG computers.
Miah (11:16:35 AM): really?
(11:17:05 AM): yep
(11:17:21 AM): Alias Systems Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(11:18:04 AM): That name Alias i knew right off.. because they are the ones how also had a lot to do with the birth of the N64
(11:18:41 AM): also where the term AntiAlias comes from.. in vidoe game terms .. means make it smooth. no jaggies
(11:19:17 AM): Caret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(11:19:48 AM): Cart is just a function code in Unix systems its just part of a code base
(11:21:07 AM): all he needs to be know when doing animation on a unix based compter.. its part of a programming Language. hence the reason he said hes responsible for the "language" on the underside of the ship."

HOAX!

If anyone wants to share this info with ATS, be sure to link them to it here. :)

Wow, looks like it's probably hype for an upcoming game after all.

Miah may have hit a home run with this information. When I first saw the disassembled "drone" photos, I was struck by how much they reminded me of mechanical schematic illustration renders I'd seen done in Maya and Cinema 4D (programs for 3d modeling and animation).
I own both programs and am pretty familiar with the unique look each delivers. And it just happens that Wavefront, the software company referred to in Miah's texting exchange, produces Maya.
This whole ridiculous Kabuki show is taking on a life of its own, with Strieber and Howe pronouncing it a genuine phenomena, and dragging out witnesses who claim to have actually encountered it buzzing around their heads. All but one of those who have "stepped forward" have demanded anonymity for no apparent reason, and the one individual who did give a name said the device he saw looked like a horseshoe crab: that's hardly an accurate description of Chad's "probe."
I hope this scam doesn't evolve into another UMMO cult. One of those is more than enough.

BrandonD said:
Wow, looks like it's probably hype for an upcoming game after all.

And too bad it doesn't stop certain UFO information sites and a certain national radio program from touting those alleged "drones" with the Star Wars letting on them as some new kind of mystery that warrants investigation.

So sad how they underestimate the public's intelligence.

Gene Steinberg said:

It is sad, but I'm not sure they underestimate the public's intelligence. The public seems to be about as stupid as C2C thinks they are, hence their enormous success.

:D

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
It is sad, but I'm not sure they underestimate the public's intelligence. The public seems to be about as stupid as C2C thinks they are, hence their enormous success.

:D

-DBTrek

I heard "bobblehead" raving about the drones this morning, in fact. So sad.

Gene Steinberg said:
And too bad it doesn't stop certain UFO information sites and a certain national radio program from touting those alleged "drones" with the Star Wars letting on them as some new kind of mystery that warrants investigation.

Not so sure it's underestimating. Seems they're spot on in thinking there is a lack of intelligence in their listening audience.

Oops. I see DBtrek beat me to it.

MarsAve said:

MarsAve

Not many perhaps. We only need one to do it though.

He could be 14 or up....

The Hawk said:
This is certainly getting weird. It's time mainstream news covered it and maybe teared some holes.

They won't do a better job than what has been done. My faith in them is very low. It would just back fire on ufology as usual. If they were to deal with a case, this one pales in comparison to other ones. The Chicago sighting needs more fishing done in it instead. Or the alleged Roswell debri.

Back