• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Caught an orb on a video. No dust mote.

Hey Pixelsmith, why don't you inform CNN of what a giant C**t you are.
Too late, CNN knows already! :)

"Orbs" are In that same category as "drones" and heads of C3PO on the Moon. They are definitively non-definitive and therefore probably nothing.

Hi all. I've decided to post this to see what people think of it. I have no idea what it is other than a light that showed up in my movie. I didn't see it while I was filming. I used an iPhone 4S with the light on — which didn't help much. It's kind of dark.

It's a movie of my friend and my son horsing around with a pillow case while watching Ultraman. In later parts of it you can see tons of dust motes caught in the cameras light. You won't see any of those because I edited the movie to show just the interesting part. That's it. So here it is, let me know what you think.

@Bob - I managed to watch it ok - perhaps it doesn't like you!

@Wulfi - Mmmm, interesting and worthy of you posting it. I agree (I'm no expert though) that it is not dust or anything else that is commonly mistaken for something weird. Initially it looks like a butterfly that glows, but blurred.
Second look, and it still almost looks like something that has flapping wings, though I may be imagining it, but flapping wings in a 'spectral' way.
I've seen some orb videos that blew me away - in fact, I need to track down this one video, that I am positive is not a hoax, I believe it was shot on an older-style analogue video camcorder. Anyway, as orbs go, this thing was huge, maybe 8-10" in diameter, but it was so much more than a sphere. It had kind of 'speed-trails' and gives the impression of some intelligence, even of either being alive, or like the animated ghost of something that was alive before.
It actually reminded me of the scene in 'The Abyss' in which the alien intelligence is controlling water, and making a face when confronted with a human. Remove the long line of suspended water leading up to the face part and you have a close facsimile to what this video showed. It was more living entity or ghost than a simple orb, but the point is your video reminds me of that rather than just an orb.
I am sure that Dr Barry Taff of 'The Entity' case fame, who's been on the Paracast, described yellow or green orb-like things in the house with the activity.
I suppose I should ask, have you ever experienced anything paranormal in your eyes and especially in the house where this video was shot?

I am gonna go look and see if I can find that video I mentioned, I meant to do just that before but it must have slipped my mind. I'd love to post it to see what the other members think of it.

Anyway, thanks for posting the video, I found it really interesting.:)

I would like to see the unedited version with all the dust motes. Why edit them out? How can you know they are dust motes and not know what this one is? This one could be the Mother Orb and you edited out all the Scout Orbs.

Sorry, but in my photography and photo restoration business I see "orbs" of all types all the time. They are dust, ash, pollen, bugs, water droplets, snow flakes, stuff on the lens, stuff in the lens, stuff on the sensor, etc...

Thing about this particular video is that it seems like the 'orb' has some kind of glow to it? I dunno how to explain it and of course I've no experience in camera matters, but it doesn't quite look like most of the crappy dust particle orb phots/vids I've seen. Certainly the motion is reminiscent of an insect, but would it be so out of focus and would a large instect such as a moth appear like that.
I suppose the thing to do would be to try to recreate it with an actual flying insect, in the same room with same lighting etc, let a moth or whatever fly about and capture with same camera to try and recreate this.
Whatever this is, it's a bit more interesting than dust particles anyway.

Ok, here's the other part of the video with the dust motes. Sorry "a ton" was a bit of a stretch.

Goggs - I hope you can dig up that video link. I'd like to see it. And if the opportunity ever happens I'm going to try to recreate the video with a moth. LOL. And as far as have I experienced anything paranormal in the house, I haven't seen anything but my wife has. This is the house I grew up in and she says she saw my father once and she felt he was just "checking in on her".

Wulfi, I trawled a load of orb related vids on youtube but no luck. I'm not sure if it was part of a documentary on a haunting, rather than specifically about orbs. I will look again, this thing was amazing and although no expert, or a gambler, I'd put money on it not being CGI or a hoax. That doesn't mean it has to be paranormal but it was freaky. I really hope this jogs someone else's memory as there is just so much material out there to check through without much of a clue.

I took a similar video and the same thing, both yours and mine were both filmed in relatively dark rooms, so id suggest it is more than likely the camera picking up dust particles when close to the lens. Well that's what helps me sleep anyway.

Someone hit the Chris-Alert button because I'm about to speak somewhat ill of him; he mentioned Tom Dongo I "think" last week or the week before. Dongo's a supposed UFO/paranormal investigator from the Sedona area...been on the old TV show Hard Copy and a medium celebrity out in AZ. So a year ago I had the opportunity to sit in while Tom presented some of his material to our little tour group and I gotta tell ya, some of the stuff that was spewing out of Tom's mouth had me nearly crapping my pants. I'm not entirely sure how someone could speak of Dongo with any legitimacy like Chris did but perhaps Chris did so because Tom operates within his own stomping ground and he's keeping the political bridges secure (on that note I STILL seriously regret not being able to connect with Chris while I was out there!) but here are a few examples of what Tom was proclaiming during his presentation to my group:
  • He had photos of UFO's which were clearly smudged and/or altered in Photoshop.
  • He had a photo of a dog, probably a Husky, which he was claiming was a spirit wolf because it's eyes were glowing....which will happen when you take a picture of a dog at night with a flash camera.
  • He had a photo of Jesus Christ. Yes. A 'photograph.' Think on that one a second.
  • He had countless photograph's of orbs, taken on dusty nights in the desert.
  • And...one that really got me floored, he told a story of a photo (he didn't have it on-hand) of an orb that when you zoomed in on it had a tiny portal in the side. This portal was opening up and a tiny little man was stepping out....like a little submarine or such.
Now, I didn't debate with Tom nor dispute his claims since there were, unfortunately, members of our tour group who were buying his stuff, and I was of the mind to keep the peace for their sake, but OMG, it was some of the most unbelievable BS I was ever exposed to.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a Tom Dongo fan, myself. Nevertheless if you're into orbs, look Dongo up on the Internet. You'll find plenty.

Peace.

J.

Back