• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cats and Dead People?

pixelsmith said:
i have a young blind cat that in many ways sees more than a sighted cat. both my cats know when i am sad or sick.

what a beautiful kitty!
my kitties always know when i'm sick or sad..they like to cluster around me, and make me feel better.

Yeah, mine do that too.

Then the Abyssinian slaps the tar out of the bob-tailed cat and the chase is on. Hard to feel bad for long with the show they put on.

Poi said:
Yeah, mine do that too.

Then the Abyssinian slaps the tar out of the bob-tailed cat and the chase is on. Hard to feel bad for long with the show they put on.

hehe...I have 2 that play "fetch", so they'll bring me the sparkly ball to play...my black-and-white always tells me that it makes her feel better to play ball, so it'll make me feel better too (at least that's what i imagine she's says)....she's always right!

Raevenskye said:
Poi said:
Yeah, mine do that too.

hehe...I have 2 that play "fetch", so they'll bring me the sparkly ball to play...my black-and-white always tells me that it makes her feel better to play ball, so it'll make me feel better too (at least that's what i imagine she's says)....she's always right!

That's interesting. I've never heard of a cat playing fetch.

Pics of my dogs can be seen here:
POF.com ™ The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals

my blind cats LOVES to play fetch! she brings me a stuffed mouse 30-40 times a day. i throw it 20 feet away or so and she finds it every time.

one really fetches, one semi-fetches, and one totally doesn't get it...but the one that fetches showed me that he knew how, and he will run you over to get the "nu-nu" sparkly ball!

omg...packrat...those dogs are too cute! what are they?

This cat is not blind nor does she have the ability to determine someones fate. But this is evil incarnate.

Attachments

• Studio 92906 019 smaller.JPG
    Studio 92906 019 smaller.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 1
Raevenskye said:
one really fetches, one semi-fetches, and one totally doesn't get it...but the one that fetches showed me that he knew how, and he will run you over to get the "nu-nu" sparkly ball!

omg...packrat...those dogs are too cute! what are they?

Ones a shitzu, the other is part Maltese, part Bishon.

Can any of you all's cats sound like this?
7tRWRSfcDuQ

All right, this is a cat and dog fancying show, not Paracast discussions.

Back to your desks, people. This is not HGTV.

I'll send a mass email alert when the Chesterfield county dog fanciers show is coming up.

Until then, if it doesn't have to do with something _remotely_ paranormal, leave it at home.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame war.

here is my blind kitty, turn volume up and listen to her head hit the table. sorry for poor quality.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

Gil said:
All right, this is a cat and dog fancying show, not Paracast discussions.

Back to your desks, people. This is not HGTV.

I'll send a mass email alert when the Chesterfield county dog fanciers show is coming up.

Until then, if it doesn't have to do with something _remotely_ paranormal, leave it at home.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame war.

ok...ok....i'll bring it back in a little (pixel & packrat: love the vids!!)
A few years ago, my Dad was seriously ill, and we thought we were going to lose him. Without going into a lot of personal detail, I was inspired to paint a Medicine Shield with his totem animals on it as a homecoming gift for him. It was in his sun room until he crossed over 3 years ago. I now have the painting in my bedroom. When the kitties come in, they often sit up and stare at this painting for several minutes...sometimes one at a time, and sometimes, they all stare together. I'm planning on taking some pix of it, to see if I capture anything, but I can tell you they don't pay attention to any other art in the house! Anyone else have pets that do this kind of thing? They never stared at that spot on the wall before I hung the painting there, either.

not sure about paranormal abilities yet but she hears things you wouldnt believe. last night she heard a box elder bug crawling on the window, the amazing part is that the bug was on the OUTSIDE of the window. she has caught flies in mid air on numerous occasions. she caught a shrew in the basement last winter. she has memorized many things around the house and my studio. she greets all my customers and most think she can see. she looks at your mouth when you talk to her so it seems like she is looking at you. the first thing she goes for is shoelaces. she will untie them even if in a double knot.

My deceased ginger cat 'Fluffy' of whom I absolutely adored whilst she was still around, visited me in a dream I had around 1-2 months ago...I cannot remember the precise details such as setting & how she came into it all, but she spoke to me. She said something along the lines of 'We must not', something....I have no idea what that last word was but it blew me away that she spoke to me...I keep thinking the word was something like 'masticate', which doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the context of what was spoken, or that it meant something so very profound that perhaps it will take me a lifetime to work out.
It was the most beautiful dream i've ever had & I plan on attempting a 'dream re-entry', to contact her again because I miss her so much.

Fluffy was 27 human years old when she passed over.

Goody.

Raevenskye said:
ondafritz said:
This cat is not blind nor does she have the ability to determine someones fate. But this is evil incarnate.

hehe..I can see her (him?) daring you to pet her!

It is a she. We call her Darth Gwen. Actually she is very lovable. Except when my wife goes to comb her. That is not a pretty sight. None of our other cats (we have 6) will go to a food bowl until she selects the one she wants. The males have been known to cower when she walks into the room. And she is the only cat I have ever seen that has taken on a dog over a piece of food and win.

The grey cat in the lower left is Ellie Mae. She is our pretty girl kitty.

Goody, my grey boy, Koby, visits me in my dreams, and I see him all over the house. He crossed over last year. He was an old, sweet boy, and the other kitties totally deferred to him. I told him he could come visit anytime he wanted, and he does. It's so awesome to see him walk thru the bedroom.

The Pair of Cats said:
Packrat.

That cat sounds like Barbara Walters when she was interviewing Bill O'Reilly on "the View"!

Oh, I missed that. I been posting vids of Reilly of late. I might look for the vid in the near future. Should be good for those who like to practice anger management.

Back