• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Catching Up with Don Ecker....

Ok...so Mr. Ecker....you might have noticed that I asked a question but sadly I asked it too late to be in the show.....but i have also noticed that until now you have only responded to those that have called you a tight wing trogyldyte....i am someone who will never call you that....so could you maybe answer me since they didn't get a chance to ask you on the show.

Would you consider the lead masks case a case of human mutilation or a simple case of Brazilian cultists high on LSD

just listened to the show, need to have him back sooner vs later to talk more about the moon (instead of sandwiches.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Would you consider the lead masks case a case of human mutilation or a simple case of Brazilian cultists high on LSD

That case goes back quite a number of years, so it has been awhile since I looked at it. However, this I will say .. if I had to make a guess about it I would go with the more likely possibility it was a human criminal act. If I were still a detective I would look firstly at anybody who had a grudge at the victim. The other thing I would look at would be the possibility of religious fanatics or cultists. However, let me say this is .. simply recalling what I do about this case, but I would not be looking for ET's or UFOs with this case ... at least not for a good long while.

Decker

Mr Ecker
I appreciated your appearance on The Paracast enormously- Why not discuss the odd hamburger?
I'm also a Dark Matters fan but the only issue I have with DM is that the sound quality is really poor when I download a podcast using the built in podcast app on my iPhone. Is this an issue that has been brought to your attention before and if yes do you have a work around?
I like listening to your show a lot and would love a clearer sound to enjoy it even more.
Keep up the amazing work that you do.
Many thanks

Mr Ecker
I appreciated your appearance on The Paracast enormously- Why not discuss the odd hamburger?
I'm also a Dark Matters fan but the only issue I have with DM is that the sound quality is really poor when I download a podcast using the built in podcast app on my iPhone. Is this an issue that has been brought to your attention before and if yes do you have a work around?
I like listening to your show a lot and would love a clearer sound to enjoy it even more.
Many thanks

I listen to the podcast live and the quality is never too bad. I have never tried to download it at a later date though. Try it through itunes. A handful of the archived ones I listen to sound fine.

A thought on what Chris said on the show.
That the manned mission to mars has been put on ice due to problem with radiation and protection for the crew..
Is that not a problem that should been well known for several decades??
And dealt with before any trip is even up on the drawingboard?

Hearing you three gentlemen talk about burgers was more adorable than Jeff Bridges, John Goodman and Steve Buscemi in a bowling alley.

Mr Ecker
Many thanks

Hi Jimi, thanks for your remarks.

As to the sound quality of DMR, we have not had many complaints about the live broadcast nor the broadcasts in the DMR archives. I know that many listeners get the show via Sticher and also iTunes and Jay back in Boston keeps a close eye on listener concerns. Allow me to suggest going to the archives and trying that. Here is the link, and let me know how that works for you.

Dark Matters Radio - Downloads | CyberStationUSA On Demand Programming

Decker

Don, I recently heard someone suggest that your wife Vickie had tried on a helmet at a UFO Conference (80s or 90s was the Implied timeline) He described it as a "god helmet" and stated she took it off and had to go for a ride to clear her head implying it had adverse effects on her. I was curious if you could elaborate on this story (if it is true). is the helmet made by humans or E.T.? where is the helmet now? what was its purpose? Thanks for your time!

Don, I recently heard someone suggest that your wife Vickie had tried on a helmet at a UFO Conference (80s or 90s was the Implied timeline) He described it as a "god helmet" and stated she took it off and had to go for a ride to clear her head implying it had adverse effects on her. I was curious if you could elaborate on this story (if it is true). is the helmet made by humans or E.T.? where is the helmet now? what was its purpose? Thanks for your time!

I asked Vicki about this (before I knew her in the '80s) and she was at a UFO conf. in San Francisco. The device was a set of ear phones and goggles which was supposed to place you in an Alpha state. What happened was the sounds and lights caused her a brief period of paranoia in which she had to leave the conference.

No, nothing ET about it (as far as she knows) but it was a brief episode after which she later came back to the conference.

Hope this answered your question.

Decker

Listened to your show yesterday. It was an episode where you told the story about your wife versus electronic equipment .
I have two similar experiences

1. My sister once "blue screen'd" my computer simply from playing solitaire when we were kids

2. A couple of months ago my mother called complaining about her TV not working. I told her to check if the cable was plugged properly in the TV. She "wasnt sure". Long story short , i drove for one hour, pushed the cable 1/3 inch into the TV and left for the one hour return drive.

Back