• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Caracas News on UFO sighting

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a good find, and I wouldn't doubt either David's observations or those of the Caraquenians.

I take it this was not a nuts and bolts sighting but one of those "look at us" light shows. I wonder what, if anything can be made from this.

Perhaps if you haven't done so already one day you could address this apparent discrepancy (?) on the show someday as an opening prelude to the guest.

David had his moments. You may disagree with him, but I never doubted the man's honesty, and intelligence. He was never afraid to speak his mind. He didn't handle guests with kid gloves or give free passes. I glad he found this paper. He had a great interview on DMR. I wish he would come back to the show.

David had his moments. You may disagree with him, but I never doubted the man's honesty, and intelligence. He was never afraid to speak his mind. He didn't handle guests with kid gloves or give free passes. I glad he found this paper. He had a great interview on DMR. I wish he would come back to the show.
I'd entertain a return appearance by DB. Personally, I have no hard feelings... If he could get beyond his "Angry Human" persona, it could be fun & informative. I enjoy lively reparte! ;)

Talk to Gene...

Let me put it this way. David knows where to find me if he's interested in catching up. I've always respected his difficult position in leaving the show at a time when he had personal issues to handle. I hope things are going well for him now.

I think it would be a epic show, David, Gene, Chris discussing all the hot button issues in the UFO field. I do not want to assign blame. Just bury the hatchet, if all parties could be civil I think it would a good show. If anything bring closure, David's abrupt leaving has been the pink elephant in the room for years now . I am not saying replace Chris, just one show, have all three of you pick apart the UFO field.

Personally, I would not be in favor of David doing a "guest shot" on the Paracast. I think that sometimes it's better to leave the past in the past. Trying to resurrect the spirit of shows past would be an abject failure in my opinion. Gene and Chris do a great job, but, I fear that even their considerable interview skills might not be able to contain the sting of old wounds being reopened. Perhaps someday, but, now is far too soon IMHO.

The only way it would make sense for me to hear Biedny on the Paracast again would be as an experiencer, i.e. as a regular guest ruminating over his unique experiences and trying to use these to shine some light on his theories around paranormality. Like some other guests, there would be lots of wild narratives with little proof.

I would also not be interested in the awkwardness of three hosts exploring Ufology. But as we heard from the recent DMR episode he already has podcast exposure. No need to rewind the clock - let's continue to work on pushing the envelope instead.

Latest Dark Matters David Biedny interview where he comments the find of Caracas articles, is now available at this link:
http://www.dqrm.com/shows/DMR/2013/wk20/dmr-27-w.mp3

Companion shows:
Dark Matters - previous, part 1 interview about Caracas sighting:
http://www.dqrm.com/shows/DMR/2012/wk40/dmr-49-w.mp3
Thread of part 1:
David Biedny Live on DMR TONIGHT! | The Paracast Community Forums

Original Paracast episode about Caracas sighting - March 2006:
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/media.blubrry.com/paranormal/www.theparacast.com/podcasts/paracast_060328.mp3

I'd entertain a return appearance by DB. Personally, I have no hard feelings... If he could get beyond his "Angry Human" persona, it could be fun & informative. I enjoy lively reparte! ;)

Talk to Gene...

There are certain times when I love a good rant, and Biedny's Angry Human rants rate right up there with the best. Plus I'm sure Biedny knows how to act as a guest. The real issue is that there's more to the Gene/Biedny thing than most people realize. I don't know exactly what that is. But I get the distinct impression that it's something serious that they need to work out between themselves, and I hope that someday they do.

For me, it's very simple: He quit the show, promised to be nice about it, then went on a rampage, breaking that promise. Period.

I suppose there are issues involved, but it's up to him to work them out. I have no problem with him and wish him well.

I wish I had a dollar for every time he said "he is the son of a holocaust survivor".
He was once my digital hero and was the one who turned me on to the paracast forums, I was the 3 person to sign up here long long ago. I also wish him well but hope he never comes back cuz he would ban me.

And I'm the grandson of people who fled Eastern Europe to seek better lives, or just to avoid being persecuted. But how does that make me anything special compared to tens of millions of others who descended from immigrants?

Biedny often sounds aimlessly pi**ed off. But his articulate edge can make him an interesting guest. Friction turns the wheel, so to speak. As long as we get more light than heat.

Biedny often sounds aimlessly pi**ed off. But his articulate edge can make him an interesting guest. Friction turns the wheel, so to speak. As long as we get more light than heat.
Great analogies there ... never heard 'em before :).

For me, it's very simple: He quit the show, promised to be nice about it, then went on a rampage, breaking that promise. Period.
I suppose there are issues involved, but it's up to him to work them out. I have no problem with him and wish him well.
For what it's worth, in my experience here on the Paracast, you've been entirely consistent, and I've found that the issues raised by the few dissidents ( including Biedny ) have either been exaggerated or taken out of context or lack sufficient evidence to justify the hostile attitude. So perhaps, if there really was something more with Biedny ( and that's impression he gave me ) he's still kept his word in that regard. Whatever the case. That was then and now is now. If you guys can fix it, then great ... otherwise it's perfectly fair to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back