• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can You Predict The Future ?

Do you have premonitions that come true?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Occasionally.

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Stop waffling, gimme another drink ;)

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
quantumleap said:
What if we created our own reality by willing it into being.

This idea keeps coming back to me - if it were true, it would be a very good reason to suppress 'dangerous' ideas such as the UFO 'reality'. If everyone on the planet (or a great majority) accepted the reality that UFOs were really ETI-controlled vehicles would that trigger a mass public 'contact' event?

Is the acceptance of an idea the start of it becoming reality?

If we expect rain do we then get it?

Is global warming happening because we believe it is?

Could we 'will' into existence a better world?

Just imagine how much power the media *really* has if this is the case...

musictomyears said:
Just imagine how much power YOU really have if this is the case...

I have tried to imagine that - I suspect though that it's really a 'team' effort. Perhaps, if you have 'competing' beliefs none of them come true...

This might sound pretty wacky but I certainly believe it is possible to predict the future with few limitations (exact time and specific space).

I have been working with remote viewing (RV) for over a year now and I have to admit that this has been the only successful way that I managed to develop certain level of precognition capabilities (which everybody can develop with some practice).

I am not sure if the origins of RV are true (people say it was developed by the CIA during the cold war), but regardless the person/department who discovered this technique it certainly works with astonishing results IF you follow the procedures correctly.

Remote Viewing is not talking to ghosts, the dead, spiritual guides or anything like that, it simply consist on contacting your subconscious mind (by being awake) with very meticulous scientific procedures (protocols) in which you could ask "anything" in an approx 45 minute session with just a pen and paper. After the session is finished you analyze what you wrote/draw and those sheets of paper (usually about 8 pages) and you come to an answer to your question. Other techniques of RV includes ERV (which is done in a meditative state).

If someone on this forum is really looking to develop these abilities or seeing how it works (which could create profound changes on your perspective of how you see things in life), I would highly recommend taking a look at it.

There are few websites, scientific studies, books, and institutes who teach remote viewing on these days.

A good way to start is IRVA - International Remote Viewing Association and Remote Viewing Test

However, from my own experience... sometimes ignorance and not knowing what will happen in the future can be a blessing! :rolleyes:

admoreno said:
Remote Viewing is not talking to ghosts, the dead, spiritual guides or anything like that, it simply consist on contacting your subconscious mind (by being awake) with very meticulous scientific procedures (protocols) in which you could ask “anything” in an approx 45 minute session with just a pen and paper.

I sometimes wonder if what we call the *subconscious* mind is really a vast *shared* 'resource' of human experience that *touches* all space and time simultaneously and techniques such as remote viewing help your concious mind access and navigate that resource. Perhaps, when you're asleep, you conscious mind is no longer in control and so you're just left wandering through non-linear paths of human (or even non-human) experience - what we call 'dreaming'.

I sometimes wonder if what we call the *subconscious* mind is really a vast *shared* 'resource' of human experience that *touches* all space and time simultaneously and techniques such as remote viewing help your concious mind access and navigate that resource. Perhaps, when you're asleep, you conscious mind is no longer in control and so you're just left wandering through non-linear paths of human (or even non-human) experience - what we call 'dreaming'.

I do really agree with you. In fact, RV works under the principle that we are all connected to a collective subconscious mind (originally studied by Carl Jung). They usually call it the "Matrix" (yes, like Neo and the movie :cool: ) in which pretty much consist of a "...huge, non-material, highly structured, mentally accessible "framework" of information containing all data pertaining to everything in both the physical and non-physical universe..." (Ingo Swann, The Controlled Remote Viewing Manual).

I personally tend to see it as a BIG telephone network system, or something similar to how the Internet works (a vast network of info), others call it Ashkaic records, Dimensional Center, etc. but in summary I think all of them are pretty much the same thing. I do believe that sometimes we can actually access to a lot of this info in our dreams (or as you said "what we call dreaming"), but the problem is decoding the unstructured "packets" of information we have during the dreams. RV takes a entirely different approach on this and attempts to filter a lot of "noise" that comes from our conscious thoughts throughout their protocols and methods.

admoreno said:
I do really agree with you. In fact, RV works under the principle that we are all connected to a collective subconscious mind (originally studied by Carl Jung).

I haven't read any Jung, but I do have a cursory idea about some of his theories - I collect a 'kernel' of ideas from all over the place and see where it takes me - so I haven't arrived at that conclusion totally on my own :)

I bought "The Holographic Universe" a few years ago but never really got into to it - perhaps I should have another go...

...have you tried conducting an RV experiment via the forum? I can't remember if I saw one being done on here or at abovetopsecret.com.

Rick Deckard said:
I haven't read any Jung, but I do have a cursory idea about some of his theories - I collect a 'kernel' of ideas from all over the place and see where it takes me - so I haven't arrived at that conclusion totally on my own :)

I bought "The Holographic Universe" a few years ago but never really got into to it - perhaps I should have another go...

...have you tried conducting an RV experiment via the forum? I can't remember if I saw one being done on here or at abovetopsecret.com.

No, I haven't done a RV session here in the forum. The RV sessions usually works better if the session is done by two people who know well how RV works, selection of targets pictures, create the target number associated to the picture, etc. The reason for all these is because RV is usually done in a controlled environment (meaning there are certain procedures/protocols that needs to be followed to make sure there is no contamination of the information associated with the target). There are a lot of RV sessions done by forums such as Remote Viewing Community - Index page in case you want to check it out.

I could give it a try to do a RV session if somebody wants to test it, though I am not 100% accurate on this yet. I am able to distinguish between elements, environment, motion and emotions on targets but NOT an exact representation of the picture on most cases.

I haven't read The Holographic Universe yet, but there is an excellent book (in case you haven't read it yet) by Dean Radin titled "Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality" which covers from a scientific point of view all this phenomena.

I cannot "predict the future" but I sometime have dreams and intuitions that save my butt.

My most startling was in 1972 when I was living in the Caribbean with my father, his girlfriend, and my 15 year old stepbrother, who was visiting for the summer.

We had a situation where my brother needed to return to the States for school, we were short on transportation on the island, and my dad needed to have printing done for his advertising business (you had to take it to the continent then). We had a friend who was a bush pilot who flew us all over the islands. He had sold a plane and needed to deliver it to the town we were travelling too.. it was really strange. Anyway, my dad booked flight on this 5 seat Cessna for him, my brother, myself, and my 1 year old son.

A few days before the flight, I woke up in the middle of the night with a nightmare. We had been flying in this small plane. There was a storm, it was raining and lighting was flashing. The plane was bouncing everywhere. Then, the tail section broke off and my father was holding my brother's hand and screaming... then my brother was sucked out and I woke up, screaming and crying.

I refused to go on the flight.
I begged them not to go.
My dad and I had a HUGE fight because the passage was paid.
I didn't care. I called my mother and borrowed money for a commercial flight and left the next day.

A few days later my dad called to apologize for the flight. I begged him again not to go. My brother didn't want to go either.

Next night, I was at a friend's spending the night and there was a knock at the door. My mother, aunt, and grandmother were all standing there. I said, "The plane crashed..." They nodded.

In talking to the Sheriff in Laurel County Mississippi where the plane crashed, I discovered only my dad and the pilot were in the plane. I asked about my brother. He said only two people. I said, No... my brother was on that plane. He said, "Too much rain, too dark, forested, will search tomorrow." Next morning at 6:30 he calls, "We found your brother" and proceeds to describe someone I did not recognize. For two weeks we didn't know who this person was. Ended up being some poor college kid who hitchiked a ride at Ft. Lauderdale airport.

They found my brother later that day... miles from the crash, he had been pulled out of the plane when the tail broke.

I listen to my dreams now... especially if they speak that loudly.

The only futures I can predict are that of pies, cakes, and cookies. Ultimately, they all meet an untimely demise at my hands and teeth.

If God didn't love fat people, he wouldn't have invented the donut.

Tommy Allison said:
The only futures I can predict are that of pies, cakes, and cookies. Ultimately, they all meet an untimely demise at my hands and teeth.

If God didn't love fat people, he wouldn't have invented the donut.

I thought a fat person invented the donut.

I would say definitely not except that I have had a few experiences that would indicate it can happen. I really don't need to elaborate here, but it seems to me there may be some sort of "preview function" that you can tap into on occasion. I don't think this violates any laws of physics. A previous post alluded to the Holographic Universe. I'm thinking we just don't understand the mechanism yet, and when we do, we won't think of such things as parnormal events.

Well, how do you think Fat people got fat? God had to inspire them to invent the donut. Do you think that God didn't so love the world that he gave fat people only CHOCOLATE?

Please..

I think I predicted an immediate future once. May not sound like it, but after years thinking about it, I think the voice I heard was my own warning to me. Somehow I knew what was going to happen.

Was driving some country roads back to my house late one night when I heard my voice in the vicinity of my right ear say, "Now, watch this car!" It wasn't loud, but it was a a warning regardless.

I think I actually said, "Okay," aloud, but the car coming at me was about one hundred yards away at the time. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I stayed perfectly calm, but I reacted when the car was about twenty yards away from me. As the other car started pulling into my lane, I began pulling away into a shallow ditch.

When I was completely driving in the ditch I looked to my left and saw his door handle passing a few inches from my window. I could then see it was an older pickup truck. I was doing about sixty miles an hour and I assume the other driver was too.

But each of us pulled into our respective lanes having barely missed a head on collision and I remained absolutely calm. That calmness was the weirdest part of the experience when I look back on it. I can only explain it as precognition. Unless I have a guardian angel who talks just like me. I don't really buy that.

Poi said:
I think I predicted an immediate future once. May not sound like it, but after years thinking about it, I think the voice I heard was my own warning to me. Somehow I knew what was going to happen.

Was driving some country roads back to my house late one night when I heard my voice in the vicinity of my right ear say, "Now, watch this car!" It wasn't loud, but it was a a warning regardless.

I think I actually said, "Okay," aloud, but the car coming at me was about one hundred yards away at the time. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I stayed perfectly calm, but I reacted when the car was about twenty yards away from me. As the other car started pulling into my lane, I began pulling away into a shallow ditch.

When I was completely driving in the ditch I looked to my left and saw his door handle passing a few inches from my window. I could then see it was an older pickup truck. I was doing about sixty miles an hour and I assume the other driver was too.

But each of us pulled into our respective lanes having barely missed a head on collision and I remained absolutely calm. That calmness was the weirdest part of the experience when I look back on it. I can only explain it as precognition. Unless I have a guardian angel who talks just like me. I don't really buy that.

Interesting story! Here's another for the record:

I was getting ready to take a bus ride from Washington state to TX, and a few days before departure I had a dream. I was standing in line to get into the bus, and I saw a dark haired guy standing up ahead of me. He had a chess board in his hands and I thought to myself "I hope I sit next to him so we can play chess." I was a chess teacher at the time and I thought about the game all the time.

When I woke up I just disregarded it as one of those dreams that chess enthusiasts have. Three days later I had completely forgotten it and I was getting on the bus. The guy who sat next to me was in military-ish clothing and he kind of looked like the dumb muscleman type. So the dream was furthest from my mind.

About 1 hour into the drive, he suddenly reached into his bag and pulled out a chess board. I suddenly remembered the dream and realized that this guy looked just like the guy standing in line in my dream!

We talked, and it turned out that he was travelling all the way to TX as well. Although we had almost nothing in common, we became good friends on this 3-day trip.

Can you discuss predicting the future without getting into the thorny philosophical territory discussing whether we have free will or not and whether the future is predestined or not? I'd like to believe that we do have free will and that the future doesn't have some set course that we have to follow, regardless of our thoughts, feelings, or wishes. Wouldn't the ability to predict the future imply that the future is indeed "locked in"? A scary thought... :eek:

It implies it's possible.

I predict Kal Korff will say something really wacky in the near future. That's not only possible but locked in.

Can you discuss predicting the future without getting into the thorny philosophical territory discussing whether we have free will or not and whether the future is predestined or not? I'd like to believe that we do have free will and that the future doesn't have some set course that we have to follow, regardless of our thoughts, feelings, or wishes. Wouldn't the ability to predict the future imply that the future is indeed "locked in"? A scary thought... :eek:

If i could predict the future. .... I be a rich beyond my dreams! I buy a Rocket ship , and everybody i now can go with me to space, anyone up for it?

Back