• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cahill

I got: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

OK, I found it here:

View Profile: kellyc - The Paracast Community Forums

And yep, it was indeed Kelly Cahill (Provided that the person is being honest and is not an impersonator). Looks like she made only 2 posts.

Yeah it would be interesting to know if it really was her or not.

She responded to me already and said that although she hasn't spoken publicly for 9 years that she wouldn't be adverse to possibly talking about it again. Well, that's a better response than I had hoped for. :) C'mon, Gene, git-r-done.

Ha yes it was me lol. Who else would be stupid enough to pretend to be me?... "global circus freak extrordianire". You guys kinda missed an opportunity with me in some ways. I just got back 2 1/2 weeks ago from spending 3 months in the USA (Cali to be exact). I will be back next year (either in late April for the "gathering of nations" powow, or in July for the annual sundance). So if you want an interview then, this is fine.

kel

Ha yes it was me lol. Who else would be stupid enough to pretend to be me?... "global circus freak extrordianire". You guys kinda missed an opportunity with me in some ways. I just got back 2 1/2 weeks ago from spending 3 months in the USA (Cali to be exact). I will be back next year (either in late April for the "gathering of nations" powow, or in July for the annual sundance). So if you want an interview then, this is fine.

kel
Thanks for responding Kelly. As the Paracast interviews are done mainly via Skype (I think?), I'm sure our hosts, Gene & Chris could line up an interview with you whenever it is convenient. There are quite a few of us here who would love to hear you talk about your experiences, then and now!:) And I'm sure you and Chris would have a bit to talk about with the Gathering of Nations and Powow.

Eh even I have to buy it on Amazon. I have two rather tatty copies here...and that's it (oh plus one in Dutch). Single mum these days...can't afford to pay to have it re-printed...although I get many requests for it. That's why the price is so high on Amazon.

Kelly Cahill

Eh even I have to buy it on Amazon. I have two rather tatty copies here...and that's it (oh plus one in Dutch). Single mum these days...can't afford to pay to have it re-printed...although I get many requests for it. That's why the price is so high on Amazon.

Kelly Cahill

I've been looking for that book for years. It is very, very hard to find. Not even libraries around here have it. Ohio State University does but they have it listed as a rare collectible so it can't be checked out.

That's cause it was never published in the USA. The only way they got it was from 300 books I brought over to MUFON 2000 conference. It was only published in Austrlaia and Holland....a total of 20 000 in English and 20 000 in Dutch. That's it. So the English version is not easy to come across anymore. Same with the National Library in Canberra (Australia)...they have a few copies but they can only be read in the library not taken out on loan.

regards kelly

I can't remember what book I read it in or what case it was talking about but I remember reading about an encounter where a little girl saw a mantis-type alien outside and she asked it who it was. It said, "I am your mother." The girl said, "No, you're not my mother. My mother is in her room asleep." It hesitated for a moment and then said, "I'm your mother's best friend." I don't know, something about that exchange has always struck me as being very macabre.

That was from Karla Turner.

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

Hi Kelly.

You can occasionally get lucky - I bought a paperback copy of your book on Amazon a couple of years ago for a few US$. It's a bit tatty, but it's complete and readable, and was cheap.

BTW you still have encounters in recent years? It's rare for them just to stop, though of course they're not always remembered but there are usually markers of some kind.

kel

G'day Kell,
Any chance of giving account here on your encounters for the open mind crowd:)

Peace,
BF

G'day Kell,
Any chance of giving account here on your encounters for the open mind crowd:)

Peace,
BF

That would probably require an enormous amount of typing and my guess is, "Who in the hell would want to type all of that?" That's why I think an interview would be great. The Paracast has had interviews with experiencers before and although I haven't listened to all of them the ones I have don't compete. I mean, c'mon, think about it. She hasn't been interviewed in 9 years. In internet years that would basically mean that the Paracast would be the only radio show to have ever interviewed her.

That would probably require an enormous amount of typing and my guess is, "Who in the hell would want to type all of that?" That's why I think an interview would be great. The Paracast has had interviews with experiencers before and although I haven't listened to all of them the ones I have don't compete. They have stories, Kelly has evidence. If this doesn't happen I question the sanity of the show. I mean, c'mon, think about it. She hasn't been interviewed in 9 years. In internet years that would basically mean that the Paracast would be the only radio show to have ever interviewed her.

I agree a interview would be great if Kelly wants to:) and Gene's Paracast is the place.:) However, a small description would not hurt as we most of us have given a snips of our experiences with the strange awareness. I try to chase down Kelly book :)

It's one of the most convincing abduction accounts out there, right up there with the Hills and Allagash. But unfortunately, because it's an Australian case, it's not very well known or talked about. There isn't much on the net about it either. However, for anyone who has a copy of Hair of the Alien by Bill Chalker there is a chapter in it dedicated to the case. There were also some MUFON journal articles a while back. Her testimony is supported by a few independent witnesses and physical evidence was found at the site.

What sort of physical evidence if you dont mind me asking.

lol that's exactly that i was thinking when I saw that post. You got to be kidding me? Know how long it takes to write a book? hehe. BF the second interview that is shown on one of the pages here...with a UFO cable show in Sacremento...that is the one that is probably going to give you the best insight into this whole case, with additional information that was not written in the book because it came about later.

kindest regards kel

Is she active in the Australian UFO circles? you can always write her a note and see if she has any lying around she would part with.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

What sort of physical evidence if you dont mind me asking.

Guess you didn't read all of the thread. She's replied several times and the video mostly lays it out. There were multiple, independent witnesses to this event. 3 car-fulls of people who didn't know each other. They reported their experiences independently and the stories matched. Furthermore, ground traces were found at the site consistent with the reports. Hypnosis was not a factor (Not when it comes to her anyway).

lol that's exactly that i was thinking when I saw that post. You got to be kidding me? Know how long it takes to write a book? hehe. BF the second interview that is shown on one of the pages here...with a UFO cable show in Sacremento...that is the one that is probably going to give you the best insight into this whole case, with additional information that was not written in the book because it came about later.

kindest regards kel

Hi Kel,
I check it out Ciao,:)
BF

Guess you didn't read all of the thread. She's replied several times and the video mostly lays it out. There were multiple, independent witnesses to this event. 3 car-fulls of people who didn't know each other. They reported their experiences independently and the stories matched. Furthermore, ground traces were found at the site consistent with the reports. Hypnosis was not a factor.
Sorry, I had the page up for many hours and didn't realize that there were followup posts happening all day. I am reading the post now.

Ron

Kelly Cahill

Kelly,

Have you consider publishing it digitally and making it available through the web?

If not, you might check out Lulu...

eBooks - Lulu.com

You might have to digitize it yourself but it seems doable - type it up in a word processor, convert to .pdf and upload...you might even add an update.

There are other low cost methods as well and in the end, I have no doubt it would eventually help you out financially. I suspect there may even be those here (and elsewhere) willing to pitch in.

I would sure like to read your book (with updates - lol).

Yeah, unless my memory is off I believe she said only 20,000 copies were printed in Australia and 20,000 somewhere else (Might have been Sweden. Can't recall.). Would be nice if an American publisher would pick it up. On a side note, I heard Travis Walton say in an interview that his book is going to be republished. Don't know when though.

Yeah, unless my memory is off I believe she said only 20,000 copies were printed in Australia and 20,000 somewhere else (Might have been Sweden. Can't recall.). Would be nice if an American publisher would pick it up. On a side note, I heard Travis Walton say in an interview that his book is going to be republished. Don't know when though.

Eddie - 20,000 copies of Kelly's book were printed in Holland, of all places, in the Dutch language.

You can still find copies in English but the asking price is usually high. I bought mine a couple of years ago on ebay in a job-lot of "paranormal/ufo" books which cost just a few dollars - maybe because the seller didn't know what it was or care to research the prices it usually fetches, and no buyer picked it up either.

Travis's book was republished in May this year in paperback, with the same cover as the 1996 edition but with an additional 34 pages to bring the story up-to-date and with some new photos. He gave me a signed copy when I visited him in Snowflake AZ last May, when the books were fresh from the publisher. It doesn't seem to be for sale on Amazon - I just checked. If you want a copy you could ask Travis, or I'll ask him if you like.

Eddie - 20,000 copies of Kelly's book were printed in Holland, of all places, in the Dutch language.

You can still find copies in English but the asking price is usually high. I bought mine a couple of years ago on ebay in a job-lot of "paranormal/ufo" books which cost just a few dollars - maybe because the seller didn't know what it was or care to research the prices it usually fetches, and no buyer picked it up either.

Travis's book was republished in May this year in paperback, with the same cover as the 1996 edition but with an additional 34 pages to bring the story up-to-date and with some new photos. He gave me a signed copy when I visited him in Snowflake AZ last May, when the books were fresh from the publisher. It doesn't seem to be for sale on Amazon - I just checked. If you want a copy you could ask Travis, or I'll ask him if you like.

Ahh, ok. That's why I didn't know it was out yet. I'll order it eventually but at this time of year I'm always strapped.

Back