• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bruce Maccabee — February 9

The trent photos are the best evidence of an unusual craft. They have wistood every anylisis I agree the photos and the witnesses all are beyond questions.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The trent photos are the best evidence of an unusual craft. They have wistood every anylisis I agree the photos and the witnesses all are beyond questions.

Well, 'Uncle Phil' Klass did his damndest to debunk them and didn't. Not to mention that there was a virtually identical object photographed at Rouen over in France (I forget just when).

Different subject: finished reading Dr. Vallee's novel Fastwalker last night. Good read. I think most folks here would like it.

My reason for not believing Ed Walter's photos is that they are too good to be true. Forget the number of photos (which is incredible), the object is always perfectly frame, and details are visible. Such a photograph is difficult to obtain of commonly available objects like birds or airplanes. Trying to capture a photo like this should produce far more duds than glamor shots, but Ed seemed to score every time.

The excuse has been offered that he received a message from the UFO and was allowed to get ready. Nifty! I'm able to hear helicopters approaching from about a mile away and grab my camera or phone, but still wind up with mostly pictures of just a speck or empty sky.

Last edited:
and the waters have been muddied now so much with mass produced fakes, that as a skeptic would say, its impossible to be sure, same with eye-witness accounts, all your left with is hard testable physical eveidence, and there isnt any, so its job done.

and the waters have been muddied now so much with mass produced fakes, that as a skeptic would say, its impossible to be sure, same with eye-witness accounts, all your left with is hard testable physical eveidence, and there isnt any, so its job done.

You can tell when photos are manipulated (OK, maybe not me personally, but others can). Same with eyewitness accounts.

thats just it tony, you cant, i cant, but pro's can, so who do you hold up as your authority figure, who do you believe, the skeptic who will even go as far as doctoring results as the skeptic linked to the other day about the moon ufo on the crator, [not only did he lie about the footage being low res, he also doctored one of the stills from the blog that he got the pic's from] or someone like macabee, its easy to create doubt, as for the moon photo, it was a poster from here who is almost certainly correct in saying its actually a marker like this > on the film.

Last edited:
IMO Dr Maccabee is one of the most honest and genuine people in the field. And I don't only say that because he doesn't buy the Nazi UFO theory (although it was really good to hear him say that). If he says that he has found cases that were not trivial, I believe him. He's obviously an expert in the ways eyes and cameras can be deceived and he factors that in. He's not infallible, though, being a human.

About the Gulf Breeze sightings, I think this is a good example of how the actually very rare real sightings are being used by fraudsters and charlatans to build their hoaxes and stories around them. I think even with Adamski and Billy Meier it's quite possible that they had one or two real sightings first and when they found that people were listening to them, they began to hoax it up, to not lose the attention.

It's quite obvious that anomalous objects were seen at Gulf Breeze and I think it's quite obvious that Ed Walters was hoaxing most or even all his stuff. Maybe he wanted to continue that dubious tradition.

I´m sorry but the show/Bruce was really painful to listen to. It kinda felt like having to sit through Grandpa´s same old war stories without the possibility of escape.

I was hoping to hear about Maccabee's own sighting in Gulf Breeze. He mentioned it in passing, but no one followed up on it. Of did I miss that part skipping commercials?

I agree with Sentry. The Walters story is only part of the Gulf Breeze flap and its a shame other aspects of the flap weren't explored.

I still view the two Walters books as classic UFO literature. I couldn't hardly put the things down until I finished them. Whether you take them as true or just UFO hoax fiction they are classics every UFO buff or pseudo arm-chair researcher should read.

And those books taught the Twins that shall not be named everything they know so they must be good!

And those books taught the Twins that shall not be named everything they know so they must be good!

Well, unlike anything the nerd plays doom twins have shown thus far (that I know of ) the Gulf Breeze flap has a place in UFO history for good or ill.
Have you read the books?
Granted, you could probably derive a UFO/abduction book formula from them. I don't know what that really says.

Well, unlike anything the nerd plays doom twins have shown thus far (that I know of ) the Gulf Breeze flap has a place in UFO history for good or ill.
Have you read the books?
Granted, you could probably derive a UFO/abduction book formula from them. I don't know what that really says.

Hi was being a bit sarcastic Rik but only regarding the fact that Blake Cousins named the Ed Walters Gulf Breeze book as his 'background research' of the UFO topic when Chris asked him which, if any, UFO books he had read. I got the impression that it was the only book Blake had read and that isn't a good or bad thing as far as whether the book is any good. I have to say I was pretty impressed with Bruce's answers to the questions put regarding the camera's used and the alleged model and book payment etc.
Bruce did go on a bit too long with each answer but you have to expect that from someone who makes careful studies of subjects over a period of time and does not jump to conclusions etc. I liked this appearance by Bruce but I felt too much time was given over to the Gulf Breeze flap.

Finally got around to listing to the Maccabee episode. I thought it was, ultimately, a fascinating episode. Trying to structure an interview with Maccabee is a bit like trying to herd cats. He reminds me of a teacher I once had in high school. If you asked him a simple question he’d take three hundred words to answer. I felt for poor Chris who kept trying to wiggle in a question and kept getting steamrolled by Bruce. I just resigned myself to listening to his detailed answers; he was going to answer the question his way no matter what. And, it was worth waiting and listening. In the end, I felt like Maccabee swept away the dust on Gulf Breeze and now it sits there, a very compelling case with still tonnes of questions to explore. Sorry, Gene and Chris – but this cries out for a part two.

Maccabee still thinks highly of Ed Walters. It comes through in every response. He created a portrait of a man who wasn’t perfect but had lots of integrity. Man, wouldn’t it be something if someone could track down Walters and convince him to come on the show and talk about everything?

Back