• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Boyd Bushman

Free episodes:

auntiegrav said:
Anyone can get a patent. Especially if you work in an R & D department, where several people collaborate on things.

I know that, I was just trying to make the point that even if Boyd Bushman is everything he says he is (which I don't believe for a moment) that it doesn't really matter because regardless of whether he is a genius or a goof or even a goofy genius he can't get his ideas across in a coherent manner. That makes him a waste of two hours in my book

nikki630 said:
I was just trying to make the point that even if Boyd Bushman is everything he says he is (which I don't believe for a moment) that it doesn't really matter because regardless of whether he is a genius or a goof or even a goofy genius he can't get his ideas across in a coherent manner. That makes him a waste of two hours in my book

AynItDaTroot..;-)

Hi All,

Listening to Boyd Bushman in his reference to this other person whom he claimed spoke 2/3's truth or 40% and the last one third was hyperbole. (aka cover story)

It's whacky but Boyd Bushman was "walking his talk", lol. Much like was pointed out his "Double Talk". Boyd Bushman, was talking perhaps in 2/3's truth and the last one third in deception.

Funny thing is he kept repeating it through out the interview and "Gene & Dave" didn't pick up on Boyd's inneudo. Lol!

Oh well.

Atrayo said:
Hi All,

Listening to Boyd Bushman in his reference to this other person whom he claimed spoke 2/3's truth or 40% and the last one third was hyperbole. (aka cover story)

It's whacky but Boyd Bushman was "walking his talk", lol. Much like was pointed out his "Double Talk". Boyd Bushman, was talking perhaps in 2/3's truth and the last one third in deception.

Funny thing is he kept repeating it through out the interview and "Gene & Dave" didn't pick up on Boyd's inneudo. Lol!

Oh well.

I think you are still missing the point -- it really doesn't matter if he was talking double talk, hyperbole or plain old kaka-doodie. He made NO sense. Zero-nada-nil. And since he makes no sense it is pointless to listen to him

Paranormal Packrat said:
Has anyone tried the copper, tube experiment yet? Results?
Yes, I've done this before. It doesn't have to be copper. Aluminum or brass will also work (copper tubing is just easier to find in various sizes. It is simple inductive theory: The moving magnet induces a current in the tube which counteracts the fall of the magnet. Nothing magical about it.
I just did it again (my computer is in my shop). If you really want to see the effect well, use neodymium magnets and a tube not much bigger than the magnet. I did it with a tiny magnet (~5mm, 10,000 Gauss -from Radio Shack) in a 1/2" tube, and it made a cool effect of the magnet rolling down the tube wall inside. It's not like it stopped, but very noticeably slower than just dropping the magnet.(the magnet moves at a steady rate, rather than accelerating).

BTW, I checked and found 28 Patents assigned to Bushman, Boyd. At least that much I can verify. None of them is particularly mindblowing, though some are pretty clever.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=Bushman%2C+Boyd&FIELD1=INNM&co1=AND&TERM2=&FIELD2=&d=PTXT[/i]

DisownedSky said:
BTW, I checked and found 28 Patents assigned to Bushman, Boyd. At least that much I can verify. None of them is particularly mindblowing, though some are pretty clever.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=Bushman%2C+Boyd&FIELD1=INNM&co1=AND&TERM2=&FIELD2=&d=PTXT[/i]

Absolutely priceless.... lol! I selected one of them to look at -

"Apparatus and method for amplifying a magnetic beam"

The first paragraph, entitled "Abstract", is indeed full of abstract gobbledegook. It reads just the same as that guy talks.

Deary me, what shall I make of this character?

Woody

I don't feel so bad now, hearing that this is the record holding champion of downloads!

Glad to hear it at least got The Paracast some traffic.

Gene Steinberg said:
Or wait for the next interview, which will be, I hope, more coherent :D

I looked up some of Bushman's patents and found that he had collaborated with a Kirston Henderson on at least one maglev-related patent. Henderson looks like he's head of MegaRail or MicroRail in Fort Worth. His contact info can be found here:

http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/microrail.htm

Maybe someone can contact Henderson and ask about Bushman - whether he is legit or if this is even the same guy.

I got a reply from Henderson:

> Mr. Henderson,
>
> Mr. Boyd Bushman has been "doing the rounds" of many UFO and "paranormal"
> outlets recently. He has been making a lot of claims as to his affiliation
> with Lockheed, his patents, degrees, and past associations with people such as
> Howard Hughes. Now, he has done all this without presenting any proof
> whatsoever. As a listener and skeptic, this bothers me to no end - made even
> worse by interviewers who don't even ASK for any credentials or proof.
>
> So, why am I contacting you? In researching Bushman's patents, I found him
> listed as a co-filer next to you on some maglev-related patents. I thought
> perhaps you could give me your take on Mr. Bushman (if you have any) and tell
> me whatever you know about him in order that we can better assess his
> credibility.
>
> Thanks for any information you can give,

Mr. Cates,

I do know Mr. Bushman and have known him for a number of years a you may
suspect by seeing him listed as a co-inventor on one of my patents during my
tenure at Lockheed-Martin. However, before I provide you with any
additional information, I would like for you to tell me who you are and more
of your reasons for asking for information.

Kirston Henderson
MegaRail®

I'll keep everyone posted on his next reply.

James

Nice work, keep at it!

I feel sure he is who he says he is. But I don't know that he knows anything more about the UFO field than any of us.

So I got my follow-up from Kirston Henderson:

on 1/31/08 3:11 PM, James Cates at [email protected] wrote:

> Mr. Henderson,
>
> Sure. I'm just an avid fan of several paranomally-themed podcast shows and
> have heard Mr. Bushman interviewed on several of them. Invariably, Boyd comes
> off as being either a very smart complete lunatic or as someone who really
> does have a lot to of great insight to offer, but due to his personality and
> the inability of the interviewers to stick to a scientific and reasoned format
> one is left totally uncertain as to whether he is a total phony or a genuine
> scientist at the forefront of many great leaps of invention. He states that he
> knows all sorts of things about anti-gravity, zero-point energy, recovered
> alien technology, and additional energy forces unknown to the general public,
> but the complete lack of any supporting CV or specific information as to his
> affiliation with Lockheed and other contractors leaves the skeptic in many of
> us wondering. I suppose I would just love to know from someone who has worked
> with him that he is "real" and as brilliant as he purports to be.
>
> I'm just a software engineer working on contracts for companies like Tyco
> Electronics and such...just a fan of science and a follower of the various
> science disclosure movements that are gaining steam these days.

Mr. Cates,

Now, I can respond better to your questions.

I met Mr. Bushman while I was working at Lockheed-Martin where I believe
he held the position of Division Scientist. I found him to be a
highly-knowledgeable and helpful person. (I understand that his educational
background is in the field of Physics as is mine.) He spent most of his
time developing and working on various very advanced classified projects. I
know that he was, and is, held in high regard by those both associated with
him and for whom he worked. As you no doubt have discovered, he has been
awarded several patents, including the one that you mentioned with me.

He is a highly knowledgeable scientist who is willing to go boldly forth
and examine just about any subject, including a lot of those that most
scientists shun. (Unfortunately, this tendency sometimes leads people to
question his credentials.) However, from time to time, he develops really
valuable & significant products. He is, in fact, an individual with
extensive knowledge and capabilities and one with which I frequently discuss
the more mundane work that I engage in.

I hope that the above is helpful to you.

Kirston Henderson
MegaRail®

I just listened to the show earlier this evening and found it to be very interesting myself. I think it was a well worthwhile interview... thank goodness it wasn't shelved.

Outstanding work, digigeek. Thanks for following up on that, the response was fascinating.

Funny thing - Boyd still calls me at home every now and then to shoot the breeze. I suspect he'd love the chance to come back on the show. Perhaps we'll have to have him back on, to talk about the fact that Fig Newtons lack taste and mass, but still have weight.

Shmoooooooooooonie pies for everyone!

dB

David Biedny said:
Funny thing - Boyd still calls me at home every now and then to shoot the breeze. I suspect he'd love the chance to come back on the show.

He does?!?!? Now THAT's interesting!

What do you guys talk about? Certainly you must have tried to pump more information from him? Does he know how badly the show went over, and what we say about him in the forums?

Keep us in the loop a bit bud!

Can someone who has been following Bushman closer than I summarize where and when was Bushman's first public appearance in ufology circles? I've seen him in Nick Cook's Billion Dollar Secret video and in Sereda's interview but I'm curious to know the back-story of how he came to be an interviewee on such topics.

Back