• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Boyd Bushman

Free episodes:

"Find out why this may indeed be one of the most controversial shows ever aired on The Paracast." - Wow, it must really be bad to say that...

Well, it's probably going to be very entertaining...

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. If you're going to be in the UFO field, you've gotta be able to take the heat. No one brings the heat like Gene and David!

Listening now, 30mins in and him babbling off topic so far you forgot what the subject was and filibustering the questions altogether... annoying.

It doesn't help that he's very proud of himself either.

UPDATE:
I just finished listening to it. You know before Gene even said it, I felt dizzy from listening to this guy also. He is either very good, or very nuts. Unlike you guys I am leaning towards nuts.

Thanks for addressing some of my Q's guys! We found out that he does not know Bob Lazar, nor does he know of any UFOs in possession of the US government. He has also never seen a UFO. He also seems to be saying that he has theories on anti-gravity, but not that the US government already has working anti-gravity.

It was indeed the worst INTERVIEW ever because he dominated the conversation with crap talk instead of clear answers and you barely had a choice but to let him get away with it. I think you had to be accommodating with him because of his status, and I don't know how you could have handled it any better. He is not worth another try IMO, he has nothing useful to offer. And for that reason, mission accomplished!

Boyd Bushman is all smoke with no fire. Pure bunk, and a publicity whore.

I listened and have the unnatural urge to listen to it again several times (with a large bottle of asprin and frequent pausing). Certainly not because it was the greatest guest ever.

But, I feel like the guy is a genius. I guess I feel that if I listen to it several times, I might gleen some knowledge. Like when you have seen a movie about 10 times and then feel like you can start to appreciate the subtle things you didnt collect into your conciousness at the begining.

Of course who knows. He could just be an old timer having some fun with the kids.

He's a nonsensical windbag.

He was full of it in Sereda's movie, and he was full of it on the Paracast. The guy likes to hear the sound of his own voice.

When he starts talking about "The other six forces that are yet unnamed" (the ones that aren't electricity, magnetism, gravity, the strong or weak nuclear forces) and then goes on to say that they all basically work the same way--the guy is full of it all the way up to his eyeballs.

He doesn't know nuttin', he never knew nuttin'. Personally, I still want to see his credentials from Lockheed-Martin! Just saying you worked for Skunkworks doesn't mean anything. How come there's nothing about him on the Internet? Gene and David wanted to research him for their interview, but there's nothing there. And yet, he speaks definitively about how much of Bob Lazar is a cover story and how much is the real story as if he's authoritative on the subject.

He's guessing, and he's guessing badly. He probably got most of what he knows about UFOs from Sereda.

Dropping a cylinder with neodymium magnets glued together falls less quickly than one without? HUH? What?

Sorry, physics doesn't work that way. He didn't even demonstrate any understanding of physics.

He didn't pass my BS test.

Gene and David did a good job; it could have been a little more full-court press, but I understand he's an older gentleman that doesn't really let anyone get a word in edgewise. I agree it was probably about as good as it gets under the circumstances.

I really liked, "From Here to New jersey"! That was great!

gilbavel said:
The guy likes to hear the sound of his own voice.

Dropping a cylinder with neodymium magnets glued together falls less quickly than one without? HUH? What?

Sorry, physics doesn't work that way. He didn't even demonstrate any understanding of physics.

He didn't pass my BS test.

Good points. I would love to see Mythbusters take on the magnet one!

Obviously, I need to hear the second half of the interview, but the first half surprised me. I expected his rambling to be dementia kind of thing, but instead, he sounds like a typical brainiac to me. His thought patterns don't fit within a linear model which probably makes him valuable as a scientist, but a terrible interview.

It makes for having to sift through a lot of thought garbage before one gets to some pearls. Not that I've heard any pearls as yet, but I at least get that he's not of my ilk in regards to linear reasoning. I don't think he can help sifting through the garbage because there are often hidden bits of valuable information. That's, to me anyway, the work of science. He can't help himself.

I like to think that I think outside the box, but people like Bushman redefine the box. Gotta give him that even if he's not giving up any real goods so far. He has credentials and I understand why now. Just don't know that he's really much good to the UFO study groups.

That from only having heard the first half of the show though. May change my mind entirely later when I have the time to listen to the rest.

I think the Mythbusters wouldn't even consider the magnets thing for the show. It's not even an urban legend. It's just crap. Think about it.

Plus, all it would do if they did do it on the show would be to call yet more attention to BB, who as far as I'm concerned isn't worthy of it. Then, they would feel the same way we do post-Paracast, that we wasted time and CPU thought cycles we'll never get back on this guy.

The best thing we can do is forget him and move on to worthwhile information and people.

BB says he has credentials, but I have yet to see them and the Internet doesn't have any mention of him. He says he's a senior scientist, but he didn't strike me as a "science speak" kind of guy, just a rambling, stray-from-the-point tangential guest. When Gene and David tried to nail him down on one topic, he would yak and yak until he was talking about something completely different. It was like listening to someone play whack-a-mole. Even when they tried to get him to return to the point, he would stray off again, inevitably.

Good interview, crappy guest.

Just curious: Have you actually TRIED the experiments he states?

Yes I'm sure your understanding of the world leaves no room for such strange results, but you might consider the remote possibility that the world doesn't perfectly coincide with your personal model of it.

The last time I checked, our model of physics doesn't leave room for what ufos have been seen to do either.

gilbavel said:
I think the Mythbusters wouldn't even consider the magnets thing for the show. It's not even an urban legend. It's just crap. Think about it.

Plus, all it would do if they did do it on the show would be to call yet more attention to BB, who as far as I'm concerned isn't worthy of it. Then, they would feel the same way we do post-Paracast, that we wasted time and CPU thought cycles we'll never get back on this guy.

The best thing we can do is forget him and move on to worthwhile information and people.

BB says he has credentials, but I have yet to see them and the Internet doesn't have any mention of him. He says he's a senior scientist, but he didn't strike me as a "science speak" kind of guy, just a rambling, stray-from-the-point tangential guest. When Gene and David tried to nail him down on one topic, he would yak and yak until he was talking about something completely different. It was like listening to someone play whack-a-mole. Even when they tried to get him to return to the point, he would stray off again, inevitably.

Good interview, crappy guest.

Actually, in "From here to Andromeda", BB never claimed that the magnets cylinder hit the ground first. What he said was that he grabbed people at the contractor that didn't know physics (because otherwise they would not have participated in the exercise), and asked them to tell him which cylinder _looked_ like it hit the ground first.

According to him, they always brought him the one with the magnets. But he never actually said they did hit first.

No, I haven't tried the experiment. If you can reproduce it and prove it, I think you have a Nobel prize and a large check waiting for you in Sweden.

Otherwise, as we all know, it can't be done. I agree there are many things we don't understand about physics--falling bodies and Newton aren't among them, however.

I HAVE JUST FINISHED READING ALL THE OPINIONS OF THIS LEARNED AND ESTEEMED GROUP OF THREADERS REGARDING MR BUSHMAN...AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ONE..NOONE SEEMS TO BE GETTING THE POINT...DO YOU HONESTLY EXPECT TO UNDERSTAND THE MIND OF A SCIENTIST WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED WITH R&D IN THE BLACK PROJECTS WORLD FOR OVER 40 YEARS...PLEASE ....AS SOME OTHER THREADER POINTED OUT YOU MUST ATTEMPT TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX...THIS GUY IS LIVING IN A PENTIUM 25 WORLD WHILE THE REST OF US ARE WAITING FOR THE NEW PENTIUM 6 PROCESSOR TO COME OUT....HOW FRIGHTENING A WORLD WE LIVE IN WHEN YOU HAVE EYES AND EARS AND DO NOT SEE OR HEAR ....HE DOES NOT SPEAK PLAINLY BECAUSE HE CANNOT..ABSTRACT IS HIS WORLD..I AM THOROUGHLY DISSAPOINTED IN ALL YOUR RUSH TO CONDEMN..YOU HAVE DONE THE BLACK PROJECT WORLD A GREAT SERVICE BY LETTING THEM KNOW YOU TRULY DONT HAVE A CLUE....SORRY I JUST HAD TO GET IT OUT..KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK PARACAST IN PROVIDING A FORUM TO GROW......

Hey Frank, CAPS MEANS YOU ARE SCREAMING! So kindly talk nice.

If this guy is such a genius as you propose, then why would he come on a show like this only to blather about unrelated nonsense? What genius does not know to let his own accomplishments speak for themselves rather than boasting his ego?

What was really his secret agenda for coming on the show? What was the secret message that you seem to think we all missed?

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS ..LIMITED IN MY TYPING ABILTY...I DONT BELIEVE HE IS LOOKING FOR ACCOLADES FROM THE PARACAST COMMUNITY..PROBABLY JUST FINDS IT ENTERTAINING TO SHARE WHAT HE CAN IN AS MUCH AS HE CAN..AS FOR A POINT THERE WAS NONE AND HE WAS RAMBLING BUT THATS HOW THOSE PEOPLE ARE WIRED TO COMMUNICATE...HE HAS NO AGENDA THAT GUYS MIND IS IN AT LEAST 20 DIFFERENT PLACES SIMULTANEOUSLY...I FOUND THE INTERVIEW TO BE REVEALING AND ENTERTAINING...BY THE WAY I DONT THINK EVERYONE MISSED THE MESSAGE.....TAKE CARE

There are a couple of threads about Boyd Bushman, this seemed the busiest so I thought I would post my opinion here.

I listened to the interview with Boyd Bushman, at the end David and Gene wanted to know if this was the worst Paracast ever. Well to be honest if it is not the worst, it is way up there. Not because of anything Gene and David did or didn't do. I felt they tried a couple of time to direct the show and get Mr. Bushman to answer direct questions, that were dodged misdirected or simply not answered.

Other people on this thread have said that Mr. Bushman is a genius and we mere mortals are unable to follow his thoughts. That may be so -- but I doubt it. While listening to the interview Mr. Bushman repeated himself often, rambling on and making statements that were disjointed and that had almost no bearing on the question that was asked. When asked to back up his anti gravity claims with proof he sidestepped the question entirely. By this standard G.W. Bush is a genius.

By the end of the show, my head was indeed spinning, not because I was given information that I couldn't follow, but because the way it was presented was so poor.

If Mr. Bushman is all that he says he is, and wants what he has to say to be taken seriously, then he'd best take some time to arrange his thoughts and speak coherently.

I see no need to have Mr. Bushman back on the show, genius or not he provided no intelligible information, and I have no reason to suspect that would change in the future.

Recipe for making Boyd Bushman:

1 part scientist
4 parts Yogi Berra
4 parts Bill Cosby

Stir liberally. Add a pinch of information. Serve warm.

Warning: Ingestion can cause side effects such as dizziness, uncontrollable rage, and headaches. Do not operate heavy equipment or talk shows during consumption.

Well, he does seem to have the patents to back up a lot of good work within aerospace related industry. In that respect, he's a genius in comparison to ... me, for instance.

As for his overblown ego, it may be an age related phenomenon. My 83 year old mother thinks no conversation is worth having if it doesn't involve her as the subject. She steers all conversations to the subject. Though she was never like this in her youth, I kept thinking through the interview that I should introduce him to my mother so they could have an ego duke-out.

But the point is, anyone that wrapped up in self-promotion, doesn't listen to anything other than what they seek, praise. Pretty sad. I couldn't bring myself to listen to the last half of the interview. Too many more meaningful things to do.

OK, so he has some patents and may be very smart, but I don't see what good that does us if he can't/won't express his ideas in a way that most people can understand.

I am sure there are geniuses from other countries that can't speak a word of English, I would get as much out of an untranslated interview with one of them that I got out of the interview with Boyd Bushman

Anyone can get a patent. Especially if you work in an R & D department, where several people collaborate on things. Hell, I've got one, too. Probably could have more if I went back into the rat race.
Frank: Just because someone is goofy, it doesn't mean they're a genius. I'm a genius, and I try not to sound like a goof unless it gets a laugh out of my kids. (People laugh at eccentric geniuses, but they laugh at Bozo the Clown, too.)
He's not playing with a Pentium 25; he's using a KAYPRO, and it isn't plugged into anything else for security reasons (meaning he doesn't know how to do it). His work was along typical military lines of work. He happened to be in the right place to take advantage of new technologies.
He was an interesting guy, but not 2 hours interesting. More like the old '15 minutes of fame' interesting.
I would like, for historical sake, to see or hear a show that takes a lot of guys like Boyd and puts together a coherent picture of the development of something like anti-aircraft or air-to-air missiles, the systems that jam them, and the airplanes designed around them. I've known a few of the guys along the way who did that work, and they are probably dead or dying now. Fascinating stuff, but not paranormal.
Anti-gravity. That was supposed to be his tagline. Nothing there that was useful. In fact, some of it was just distracting, like the magnet dropping through a copper tube and the coil/aluminum plate idea. Old stuff there, based on standard induction theory.
I just don't really believe the accuracy of the data on his 'rock' drop with magnets in it. He's a Scientist, not a test technician. The guys on the ground were just humoring him. I know I would have, just to get him to go back in his little hole and play with his slide rule for another couple of weeks and keep out of the way before he breaks something expensive.

PERHAPS I NEED TO RECONSIDER MY POSITION ON MR BUSHMAN...I SOMETIMES GET OVERZEALOUS IN MY ATTEMPT TO FIND THE TRUTH..NOW ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN LOCATE A CERTAIN VIDEO OF A PARANORMAL RESEARCHER THAT WAS A GUEST ON THE PARACAST NOT TO LONG AGO DEPICTING HIM DODGING SCORPION FILLED TWINKIES BEING THROWN AT HIM BY A GROUP OF PYGMIES FROM NEW GUINEA IN AN APARTMENT IN QUEENS,N.Y.....

EBEFRANK:

THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS THE ONE ON THE TOP OF THE LEFT-HAND SHIFT KEY. IF YOU PRESS IT YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU WILL STOP SHOUTING and the rest of us can take our hands off of our ears.

BB still has yet to provide _any_ credentials other than his word for it that he even belonged to the aerospace community at all... he only knows what the rest of us do about Bob Lazar (what George Knapp got out of him, who he called "the interviewer"--if you don't even know who George Knapp is, it's really time to get out of the game), and assumed the rest. He has as much credibility about defense systems, antigravity and UFOs as George Adamski. "My astronomy guys"? Puh-leeze! How about, "My colleagues in astronomy", or astronautics"?

This guest was about as credible as a rubber chicken.

BB claimed that, even though the government had gone on to bigger and better things like element 118, element 115 did exist and was stable. Nonsense. When the Paracast Team brought the heat, and asked "How", he didn't even try. He walked around the topic as if it were a huge hole in the ice--which is exactly what it was--and didn't even _try_ to address it. When they asked him how (by the way, thanks for asking my question, guys) Lazar could POSSIBLY have taken 15 pounds of an element that only lasts for nanoseconds in a stable state from Area 51, he balked. Totally and completely. BB doesn't even have an elementary grasp of simple Euclidean geometry and Newtonian physics, never mind Einstein or quantum mechanics, or string or 'brane theory.

And he acted as if he knew Lazar until S and B actually asked him--well, you know, I'm familiar with his work, blah blah--and he doesn't even know George Knapp's name! Come on, guys, how much more do you need!??!?!?!??!

It's time to put the cork in this bottle, and start thinking about another guest, 'cause this one's over. We're just wasting our breath (or, in this case, our carpal tunnels) dinking around with this guy. Stick a fork in it, this one's done. Any more conversation wasted in this thread is just that--wasted--and frankly, it's just what he wants. For us to keep talking about him.

Somebody brought up a good point in the "Let's ban discussion of total hoaxes" thread the other day--although I disagree with the premise--what they said was, when new people come on board and look around, what do you want to have them see the rest of us talking about--BB, who made such an ass out of himself in "From Here to New Jersey" that it sold a grand total of seven units, or something substantial, something truly paranormal, and worth discussion?

The Paracast is the most important paranormal broadcast of our time.

This message board is the ONLY official discussion group for that broadcast.

Is this REALLY how you want to spend it, talking about a guy that thinks that the tube with the magnets in it falls faster than the one that doesn't?

Boyd Bushman is a loon--and coming from a guy that believes that creatures from outer space are kidnapping Earthlings, that's not a compliment. As EBEFRANK would say, "CASE CLOSED, NEXT CASE!!".

Stick a fork in it, he's DONE.

Back